The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Utahians vers 2.0

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Utahians vers 2.0
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 03:14 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey ladies/lads, here's an honest team, with the usual amount of underused!! Any rates would be greatly appreciated.

Murkrow +mira berry

Drill peck
Mean look
Pursuit
Whirlwind/Haze

Good old murky! Basically, he gets some decent stabbed hits in, and can hit a switching ala/starmie/exegg nicely with pursuit, come to be it anything that doesn't fancy fighting. For those who will be easy prey to his drill peck, mean look is there. I can't decide between whirl or haze though, help please! Murkrow may not have the best stats, but it has good moves, and only 3 weaknesses.

Girafarig +paralyz berry

Agility
Baton pass
Quake/Return
Psychic

Ok this only has two weaknesses, to the elusive bug and darks, so can baton pass an agility to octo/ampho/quag/rati with ease. I didn't want to make it solely baton passing, thus the two offensive moves. Psychic is a nice way to deal with fighters, and gets stab. But I can't decide between quake or return - return has stab, quake is super effective vs 5 types. Help again!

Octillery +scope lens

Focus Energy
Surf
Flamethrower
Return/Sludge bomb?

Ok this is one great poke, and with agility it can set up the focus energy and smash its way through, with more critical hits abetting its great attack stats. As you can see, survival is down the pecking list from attack power! I want a good offensive move in the last slot, once again help is needed.
Then again, icebeam could be nice, but I don;t want to be screwed vs a mirror coater.

Ampharos +miracleseed

T-bolt
T-wave
Reflect/Light screen
Grass HP

Gah standardish, I want a grass attack thus I shall have one. It goes well with t-bolt, and if this poke can go first with a passed agility, t-wave almost becomes redundant. Almost.

Quagsire +leftovers

Quake
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Haze

You may have noticed by now, my team has very few weaknesses. Apart from grass, but that is a risk we must all take. Anyway I like sandstorm, and quaggy tends to stay alive ok for it to not affect my others. Safeguard is lovely, quake gets stab, and haze is also good.

Raticate +focus band/bright powder

Super fang
Roar
Shadowball/Body slam
Hyperbeam

Having named myself after this delightful critter, it would be churlish not to include it. This is rather standard, apart from hyper beam. It also can't recover, has protection from the item (hehe). Hyperbeam is a lovely surprise move, gets great stab (225) and has more power than an unstabbed self destruct.

This team has very few weaknesses, I think 11 in total, and is supereffective vs about 30.

So rate away, s'il vous plait.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

sl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1940

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 04:11 PM      Profile for sl   Author's Homepage   Email sl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by raticata:
Hey ladies/lads, here's an honest team, with the usual amount of underused!! Any rates would be greatly appreciated.

Murkrow +mira berry

Drill peck
Mean look
Pursuit
Whirlwind/Haze

Heh, i guess. Kazam starters are getting pretty popular, and this wont help a bit, pursuit is weak and most kazams have thunder or ice punch. Go with haze, Krow cant take a hit worth **** and ww goes last.

Girafarig +paralyz berry

Agility
Baton pass
Quake/Return
Psychic

if your wanting a bp set, use Amnesia/Curse/Agility/BP, major def and spdef as well as speed.

Octillery +scope lens

Focus Energy
Surf
Flamethrower
Return/Sludge bomb?

FocusEnergy/Flamethrower/Surf/Return. XD

Ampharos +miracleseed

T-bolt
T-wave
Reflect/Light screen
Grass HP

perfect.

Quagsire +leftovers

Quake
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Haze

Quake/AP/Safeguard/Rest is a set i like.. i dunno if you would like it tho :P

Super fang
Roar
Shadowball/Body slam
Hyperbeam

ok, hyper beam sucks no matter what. two returns will do more than it and its recharge.

- - - - -
um... whatever.

PikaBlade
I AM A GIRL
Member # 1039

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 04:44 PM      Profile for PikaBlade   Author's Homepage   Email PikaBlade   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Murkrow +mira berry

Drill peck
Mean look
Pursuit
Whirlwind/Haze

Mean Look + Pursuit...Funniest combo I've ever seen. XD

- - - - -
~*Pikablade*~
"Truly, if there is evil in the world, it lies within the hearts of mankind." -Tales of Phantasia

raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 05:19 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"can hit a switching ala/starmie/exegg nicely with pursuit, come to be it anything that doesn't fancy fighting."

= pursuit.

"For those who will be easy prey to his drill peck, mean look is there."

= mean look.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: raticata ]

- - - - -

raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-22-2001 05:54 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyone else dare to rate this????

- - - - -

Zokou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1951

Member Rated:
posted 08-26-2001 06:20 AM      Profile for Zokou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Murkrow +mira berry

Drill peck
Mean look
Pursuit
Whirlwind/Haze

Good old murky! Basically, he gets some decent stabbed hits in, and can hit a switching ala/starmie/exegg nicely with pursuit, come to be it anything that doesn't fancy fighting. For those who will be easy prey to his drill peck, mean look is there. I can't decide between whirl or haze though, help please! Murkrow may not have the best stats, but it has good moves, and only 3 weaknesses.

good underused. go with haze over ww and swap meanlook 4 toxic, coz this will force trade then pursue.

Girafarig +paralyz berry

Agility
Baton pass
Quake/Return
Psychic

Ok this only has two weaknesses, to the elusive bug and darks, so can baton pass an agility to octo/ampho/quag/rati with ease. I didn't want to make it solely baton passing, thus the two offensive moves. Psychic is a nice way to deal with fighters, and gets stab. But I can't decide between quake or return - return has stab, quake is super effective vs 5 types. Help again!

ahhhh, go with return its more fun, and drop psychic for curse.

Octillery +scope lens

Focus Energy
Surf
Flamethrower
Return/Sludge bomb?

Ok this is one great poke, and with agility it can set up the focus energy and smash its way through, with more critical hits abetting its great attack stats. As you can see, survival is down the pecking list from attack power! I want a good offensive move in the last slot, once again help is needed.
Then again, icebeam could be nice, but I don;t want to be screwed vs a mirror coater.
sludge bomb.

Ampharos +miracleseed

T-bolt
T-wave
Reflect/Light screen
Grass HP

Gah standardish, I want a grass attack thus I shall have one. It goes well with t-bolt, and if this poke can go first with a passed agility, t-wave almost becomes redundant. Almost.

reflect over lightscreen coz otherwise groundz will own u.

Quagsire +leftovers

Quake
Safeguard
Sandstorm
Haze

You may have noticed by now, my team has very few weaknesses. Apart from grass, but that is a risk we must all take. Anyway I like sandstorm, and quaggy tends to stay alive ok for it to not affect my others. Safeguard is lovely, quake gets stab, and haze is also good.

love this guy but rethink either haze or safeguard. swap one of them for surf.

Super fang
Roar
Shadowball/Body slam
Hyperbeam

Having named myself after this delightful critter, it would be churlish not to include it. This is rather standard, apart from hyper beam. It also can't recover, has protection from the item (hehe). Hyperbeam is a lovely surprise move, gets great stab (225) and has more power than an unstabbed self destruct.

go with shadoball and bodyslam! it works well.

sorry i didnt rate this sooner but i have been away. thanx for youre last rate. hope this team worx out 4 u coz it should.

- - - - -
DUFF MAN SAYS "OOHH YEEAAHH"

From: London, England | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.