The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Help this poor n00b

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help this poor n00b
Tyranitar 101
Farting Nudist
Member # 2124

Member Rated:
posted 08-18-2001 08:22 PM      Profile for Tyranitar 101        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please help me with my team:

Mewtwo @ miracleberry
Thunder wave
Psychic
Recover
Ice punch

My usual lead, starts paralysing and forces them into heal belling early

Octillery @ Quick claw
Surf
Ice beam
Return
Haze

Not a common poke, and that in itself is useful, quick claw 'cos he's slow

Raikou @ Brightpowder
Thunder
Raindance
crunch
reflect

Standard non-crystal raikou. Brightpowder might keep him alive long enough to land one more thunder

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Crunch
Fire blast
Earthquake
Rock slide

A sweeper/Attacker to deal with any mythical bird. Might change rock slide to ancient power

Snorlax @ mintberry
Curse
Rest
Body slam
Earthquake

Standard curselax

Dragonite @ dragon fang
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Return
Dragonbreath

My elemental sweeper, can dispose of marowak if Marowak doesn't have agility passed to him

Rate/Flame, Just help me

- - - - -
The loner from Mt. Silver

It ain't bragging if ya can back it up.

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2001 12:52 AM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mewtwo: Uh...Ice Beam over Ice Punch...XD

Raikou: Maybe HP Water over Crunch

Snorlax: Double-Edge over Body Slam

Dragonite: Ditch Dragonfang for Leftovers, Return for Double-Edge, and Dragonbreath for Thunder Wave or Haze.

- - - - -
Nine out of ten Zacks endorse stupidity.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2001 06:06 AM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Please help me with my team:"

Yes!!

Mewtwo @ miracleberry
Thunder wave
Psychic
Recover
Ice punch

Could be banned, icebeam over punch though. The ice move on mewtwo isn't my favourite, I would rather see flamethrower over it. Good choice of psychic though - it keeps mewtwo authentic and is very powerful. It sounds weird, but I think you may be able to use this if you drop recover and give it safeguard/amnesia. If it is totally banned, Mr.Mime is an ok replacement. However, I will warn you that dark types aree becoming increasingly popular as starters - I have seen quite a few houndys/tyrans lately.

Octillery @ Quick claw
Surf
Ice beam
Return
Haze

A fine choice. However, you can make this better by giving it flamethrower - as silly as it sounds, it's possible! Fire/water make a good combo, and you already have icebeam on mewtwo, so if you want the psychic one to keep it, change icebeam for flamethrower. Otherwise, fine. Return is good as it has a great attack.

Raikou @ Brightpowder
Thunder
Raindance
crunch
reflect

Good, it is legendary, but I don't think it is standard. Anyway, thunder is a must - it is a pokegod (kinda)!! I like the bright powder here, not the best universal item, but still can work.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Crunch
Fire blast
Earthquake
Rock slide

AP is a better choice, though if you choose that attach the mysteryberry. Crunch isn't necessary here - already have it on Raikou. If you want to keep a dark attack, pursuit is great, for the psychics. Here's a trick. When you see a psychic, say alakazam, switch in tyran. They will choose to switch, and you will get a free hit. I would be inclined to give it rest over quake or fireblast, as with AP boni, you want to keep it alive for as long as possible. Thus:

+mystery berry
AP
Pursuit
Fireblast/Flamethrower/Quake
Rest

Snorlax @ mintberry
Curse
Rest
Body slam
Earthquake

Yeah...can't see it working pal with roarers etc. If you must keep him, unleash him as the last one, where he can't be force-switched. To tell the truth, the best thing you can do with this poke is to have lots of attacks and just go on a rampage, say:

+pink bow
shadowball
double edge
quake
self destruct

Dragonite @ dragon fang
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Return
Dragonbreath

To tell the truth I'm doubting it's usefulness. You already have ice/electric support, and it is mewtwo/raikou who will use those attacks respectively better. This team lacks a fighter, and thus a decent way to give miltanks a good kicking. I would recommend getting either hitmonlee/top/chan in, or primeape. If you have to have it, Machamp, but give it a weird set.

Overall, I can see this team doing well, but apart from octillery, who is only quasi-uncommon, the others are all really popular, you have BOTH tyran and drago, two legenadaries, and no pseudopassing support. This team can really become unstuck vs a parafusion team.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

MasterChu19155
Farting Nudist
Member # 2101

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2001 08:39 AM      Profile for MasterChu19155     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mewtwo @ miracleberry
Thunder wave
Psychic
Recover
Ice punch

Grr a super legendary. -_-
OK Icebeam over Ice Punch.

Octillery @ Quick claw
Surf
Ice beam
Return
Haze

Not a common poke, and that in itself is useful, quick claw 'cos he's slow

Raikou @ Brightpowder
Thunder
Raindance
crunch
reflect

Maybe Roar over Reflect to protect your team from Missy.

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Crunch
Fire blast
Earthquake
Rock slide

If you have Crystal use Flamethrower.

Snorlax @ mintberry
Curse
Rest
Body slam
Earthquake

Yepp it´s the standart.

Dragonite @ dragon fang
Thunderbolt
Ice beam
Return
Dragonbreath

Flamethrower over Thunderbolt because you have Raikou.
Wingattack over Dragonbreath.
Maybe Extremespeed in Crystal.

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-19-2001 09:55 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Help this poor n00b?"

*calculates that you can travel 400 meters in about 8 seconds, assuming you start at the roof of the World Trade Center*

Is that help enough for you?

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tyranitar 101
Farting Nudist
Member # 2124

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 05:00 AM      Profile for Tyranitar 101        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What i'm sensing here is an intense dislike of M2 and other legendaries.
Will give Draggy and Raikou the boot for Hitmontop and Zappy

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Thunderbolt
Thunderwave
HP water/grass
????
unsure of last move, maybe whirlwind

Don't know a good hitmontop set, Maybe hitmonlee would be better?

- - - - -

MasterChu19155
Farting Nudist
Member # 2101

Member Rated:
posted 08-21-2001 05:26 AM      Profile for MasterChu19155     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Zapdos@Miracleberry

t-wave
t-bolt
HP Ice
Drill Peck

Or if you use HP water, then use Thunder in combination with Rain Dance.

[ 08-21-2001: Message edited by: MasterChu19155 ]

Tyranitar 101
Farting Nudist
Member # 2124

Member Rated:
posted 08-25-2001 03:21 AM      Profile for Tyranitar 101        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What dvs would I need for hp ice/grass anyway?

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.