The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Latest endeavor...only slightly more interesting than these other teams

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Latest endeavor...only slightly more interesting than these other teams
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2001 12:17 AM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OK. So my boy Chris and I decided to make a team from scratch the other day. We used a Crystal guide Pokedex and a piece of paper. I think these are the correct sets, but I may be wrong. Bear with me and have fun commenting on this stuff...

Snorlax- Curse, Rest, Body Slam/Double Edge, Earthquake

Tyranitar- Rock Slide, Crunch, Flamethrower, Screech

Aerodactyl- Ancient Power, Earthquake, Wing Attack, Roar

Magneton- Thunder, Rain Dance, Thunder Wave, Substitute

Starmie- Surf, Psychic, Thunderbolt, Recover

Heracross- Earthquake, Mega Horn, Endure, Reversal

So...that's what we got, as near as I can remember. Items are nearly unimportant. A few comments on each Pokemon before I go:

Snorlax- Standard Curselax, I think.

Tyranitar- Never used it before, but this is what he wanted. I think it's a good set either way. He can learn Flamethrower from Crystal, right? If not, then we'll use Fire Punch/Fire Blast. Chris is a big fan of accuracy.

Aerodactyl- Just cause it's cool & kicks ass on a great many Pokemon.

Magneton- Liking this set, even if just to power up Starmie on a switch. We could dump Rain Dance/Thunder for Thunderbolt/something if anyone has any suggestions...

Starmie- Again, this is what he wanted and uses. I don't think its that bad.

Heracross- Not many options here, but we like Heracross, and he fills the gap we have quite nicely. Can't wait to see how he does in the match. We'll have a few practice battles first, I guess.

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2001 03:04 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
~Lax: ...
~Tyranitar: Why Screech? It's 85% accurate, and unless you're fighting something that he takes 4 hits to kill (I can't think that there're too many...) it doesn't really help. I'd just use EQ over it.
~Aero: Same shuffling Aero I use, though I had Whirlwind over Roar
~Magneton: Hmmmm.. I don't really like relying on Rain Dance if you can use Thunderbolt, especially without some sort of water move. Perhaps replace RD/T with Bolt and Reflect?
~Star: That'll work.
~Heracross: Well, I've seen this, I've seen Curse/Rest over Endure/Reversal, and I've seen several things with Counter stuck in the middle. I suppose EQ/Horn is the important part .

Not much else to say..

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
1970Beetle
Farting Nudist
Member # 933

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2001 12:46 PM      Profile for 1970Beetle   Author's Homepage   Email 1970Beetle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To comment on Random Loser's comments...

Snorlax- I know. But after hearing about Curselax, he wants to try it out. He didn't hear about it before because he hardly ever reads Pokemon websites. The only 'lax he has seen lately is my Counter-lax.

Tyranitar- We thought Screech might be a good fit, for a move to use on the switch. Who knows. I tried to talk him into Earthquake, but he doesn't want Earthquake on 4 of his 6 Pokemon.

Aerodactyl- Hell yeah!

Magneton- I'll refer him to T-Bolt/Reflect tomorrow and see what he thinks. I like that just as well.

Starmie- Again, no problem here. I like it too.

Heracross- The beef I have with Endure/Reversal is the SPEED of Heracross. He's not exactly speedy to be doing this. I'll run the Curse idea past him, see how it goes over. That could work I guess. What about Return or maybe Hyper Beam?

[ 08-14-2001: Message edited by: 1970Beetle ]

- - - - -
Why does everyone hate Cloyster?

From: Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-14-2001 02:46 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heracross: True, he doesn't get max effectiveness out of the combo, but I can still see it being useful. You could always Endure then switch out to later bring him in against a slower opponent (though it'd have to be after a KO). And then there's the proliferation of Curse users it would love to deal with. Return is, of course, always an option. Hyper Beam I'd probably only go with if Curse was included, using Hyper Beam in place of Rest.. but I suppose it'd work as an all-purpose final attack as well. He's got a lot of sub-optimal options, and I suppose any of them work nearly as well as the other. Since you've got me thinking about it, I suppose Counter's probably the most useful "extra" move he has. I suppose if I put one on my team...
-Earthquake
-Megahorn
-Counter
-Return/Curse/Restberry
Hmmmm.. doesn't look like he can even learn Hyper Beam.. so I suppose that's out.

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.