The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » team selection.....getting there

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: team selection.....getting there
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 06:55 AM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
NOTE - abbrev. bd = base damage

NOTE - I will only have one rester on the team, no MILKY as I loath it.

A few more questions on best movesets, as I'm down to the last 40 pokes to select for my eternal team (until next pokes of course).

First up is to do with Xatu - I always liked it, can it have BOTH haze and drill peck ? Is drill peck a good idea, bearing in mind its low attack ? Are night shade and zap cannon any good, even is the latter possible ? I like night shade as if Xatu can get the opponent confused, starting a 4 turn countdown looks appetising, and it doesn't have massive stats either. As for zap cannon, the chance of paralysis looks nice, and I'm not worried about its accuracy.

Next up is scyther, which I would use as a half-b passer, half attacker. Could someone tell me its stats, as the guide I have only has those of scizor. What would be the best baton passable move for it ?

Piloswine is also a fave, and I would certainly like some ice move on it. Although it has pitiful sp attk, blizzard has a huge stabbed bd of 180 and the possibility of freezing. Icebeam is an option, though i have been tempted by icy wind with its speed lowering capabilities.

Finally, is sneasel worthy ? I know it has a terrible defense, and multiple weaknesses, let alone the 4* to fighting, but with a huge speed and decent attack could it work ?

Oops, just one more, what's a good set for old hitmontop WITHOUT ghost hp/curse/rest. I was thinking along the lines of maybe hi jump kick, return, foresight, counter (have no idea about this, but the fact that it has great attack, great defense, and an even better sp defense makes it definitely considerable).

Thanks in advance

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 08:55 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Night shade can't confuse.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 09:09 AM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
First up is to do with Xatu - I always liked it, can it have BOTH haze and drill peck ? Is drill peck a
good idea, bearing in mind its low attack ?

Depends on what you want - both can handle fighting-types,but Drill Peck can handle more stuff than Psychic(Flying tackles grass and bug while Psychic just takes on Poison).

quote:
Night shade can't confuse.

I think he was talking about using Confuse Ray first. Anyway,Night Shade is like a ghost-type Seismic Toss,but less accurate. Calculated moves only work if the opponent can't recover health,and the opponent could switch in a normal-type to stop you.

I have to go to church,so I can't add more to this reply.

- - - - -
"You forgot the part where Pikachu faints Rhydon with Thundershock..." - White Cat

"I don't care if you're lost. You show up here,you're nothing but a victim!" - Rocket Grunt under Goldenrod City

"That's what Hypnosis does; it fails horribly." - Uiru

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 09:24 AM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah..sorry about that I meant confuseray first, and then the 4 turn countdown was night shading, though as it seems to have a low accuracy, I could live without it.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.