The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » New Team Please Rate X . x

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: New Team Please Rate X . x
EbBandPlayer
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1995

Rate Member
posted 08-12-2001 06:34 AM      Profile for EbBandPlayer   Author's Homepage   Email EbBandPlayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Please help this team ~_~

Houndoom@Scope Lens
Pursuit
Crunch
Flamethrower
Return/Roar

Politoed@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Haze

Heracross@Scope Lens
Earthquake
Curse
Megahorn
Counter

Scizor@Leftovers
Steel Wing
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Double Team

Sandslash@Mint Berry
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rest
Counter

Electrode@MiracleBerry
HP Water
T-bolt
T-wave
Explosion

- - - - -
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't.

From: Garland, Texas, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 07:23 AM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[quote] Originally posted by EbBandPlayer

Houndoom@Scope Lens
Pursuit
Crunch
Flamethrower
Return/Roar

Why pursuit? I take i roar is for trappers. My usual houndoom team is f-thrower, s-day, s-beam, crunch. Sunny day lets s-beam hit without charging and powers up f-thrower.

Politoed@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Haze

Not very experienced with these guys but it looks as though it could work as a hazer.

Heracross@Scope Lens
Earthquake
Curse
Megahorn
Counter

A cursing heracross........ Its good.

Scizor@Leftovers
Steel Wing
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Double Team

Good.

Sandslash@Mint Berry
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rest
Counter

A mintyrest combo. Counter could work well on sandslash. Earthquake is a must.

Electrode@MiracleBerry
HP Water
T-bolt
T-wave
Explosion

Good. How long did it take to get water HP?

- - - - -
Snorlax and Blissey rule

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 08:52 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Houndoom: No need for pursuit and crunch. Put spite over one of them, and use roar in the last spot.

Politoed: Good set for any water hazer that can get it.

Heracross: He'll need rest on there, probably over counter.

Scizor: Your team needs agility more than anything. Put it over 1 of the support moves. Bug HP could go over steel wing.

Sandslash: So there are others who use sandslash. Good.

Electrode: Water HP wont do any good against anything that isn't 4x weak to it, so drop that for screech unless you've been having problems with Rhydon or Golem.

Overall: You have speed problems. 4 of your pokemon need the agility from Scizor. Also, lead with electrode unless you are having problems with crystal Umbreon.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
EbBandPlayer
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1995

Rate Member
posted 08-12-2001 11:21 AM      Profile for EbBandPlayer   Author's Homepage   Email EbBandPlayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Pursuit is mainly there to catch the opponent off guard on a switch. I mean, with Scope Lens he can CH Pursuit on the Switch to Alakazam, which is his purpose. Umbreon still goes down to 2 Megahorns from Heracross. I'm using the Cursecountercross since it can get around Countering Gengars and since it can survive Drill Pecks and Counter them back.

- - - - -
There are 3 kinds of people in this world, those who can count, and those who can't.

raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 02:26 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Houndoom@Scope Lens
Pursuit
Crunch
Flamethrower
Return/Roar

Right...this looks quite good, the only thing I would change is the item - a mira berry really is necessary for a poke like this, who needs all the protection it will get, and I doubt it will survive long enough to get a good worth out of the lens. Don't have pursuit and crunch - it really is a waste. Pursuit on its own is fine - no alakazam will be stupid to not switch and you can smash it with pursuit. Crunch would be good if it was hugely supereffective, which isn't the case. A fire poke is good as grass starters are starting to be more frequent. Roar doesn't work too well on houndy - it can't survive a turn of getting hit. Sunny day is always good, protection from water and power to the 'thrower. As for the last move, maybe give him the hidden power, possibly psychic ? It may not be pwoerful, and it does lack stab, but if you can catch a champ on the switch with it, could do some good damage. Counter is also an option. On the whole, a good starter.

Politoed@Leftovers
Surf
Ice Beam
Earthquake
Haze

This poke doesn't have the attack to use quake well, no stab and electrics should cause more damage with their t-bolts. A better move could be protect, just to check out the enemy poke and recover more from lefties, this is a hazer and needs a good recovery.

Heracross@Scope Lens
Earthquake
Curse
Megahorn
Counter

Sadly curse isn't too hot here - people like burning bugs, and they will be tempted even more with cursing. I recommend the fighting HP - gets stab, and combos well with the other moves. This is a great poke for inflicting damage, and so a mintyrest would work wonders as the last move.

Scizor@Leftovers
Steel Wing
Baton Pass
Swords Dance
Double Team

Hmm...the second bug, a big fire weakness looming. I doubt it would do much before it passes anything, probably dead. I really don't know too much bout scizor, but I have had no trouble from these on the gsbot.

Sandslash@Mint Berry
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Rest
Counter

Good...a fine set.

Electrode@MiracleBerry
HP Water
T-bolt
T-wave
Explosion

This looks like a starter! Though as I think that houndy works well, you could alternate these to confuse the opponent as it won't know who will start. Don't count on this doing too much not being a starter - t-bolt isn't too powerful in its hands, neither is water hp - leave it to the pokes with a good special attack.

Overall - I really liked this - original, looks decent enough but even more no skarmo,missy or milwank.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 02:57 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd just like to say that using Persuit and Crunch in conjunction with one another does have potential usefulness.

Imagine Houndoom switches in against Kazam. Kazam unexpectedly takes the Pursuit on the switch.

Later, it comes back in, and decides to stay in to nullyify Pursuit's usefulness. It could get a KO by using Seismic Toss, for example. Instead of a weak Pursuit, however, the opposing trainer takes a Crunch. Now they won't know what the hell to do. If they stay and recover, they could get beaten down by poweful, SpecD dropping Crunches. Switch, and Pursuit could finish 'em off. This combo could really confuse and throw off opponents.

IMO, Pursuit is probably the most underused move in the game. It's ability to hit a switching out Pokemon is totally unique and infinitely useful.

Bowser
I'm such a moron that I keep an axe behind me at all times.
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 04:14 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Houndoom-I see no need for both Pursuit and Crunch. Yes it can help, but it's too situational. Use Pursuit or Crunch, and put something else over one or the other. I think you should use Roar/Crunch/Flamethrower/Spite. Roar for the starting Umbies of course. I personally don't like Houndoom. He has phucked up staying power. But if you like him, I go ahead and use him.

Politoed-He's fine.

Heracross-My personal favorite is Curse/Counter/Megahorn|Earthquake/Rest. You'd have to choose between Megahorn or Earthquake though (I think Earthquake is better).

Scizor-Fine.

Sandslash-mkay.

Electrode-I don't think HP Water will do much...I'd personally like to see Screech over HP Water, but I guess HP Water can work...=/

Hope you had a nice time at the Pojo boards...too bad you're leaving.

From: My mommy's uterus | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
EbBandPlayer
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1995

Rate Member
posted 08-13-2001 05:28 AM      Profile for EbBandPlayer   Author's Homepage   Email EbBandPlayer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let me explain the reason I have both Crunch and Pursuit on it. There are still a lot of starting Starmies, and they aren't afraid to stay in there against Houndoom. So that's why I have Crunch. A CH Crunch does Starmie in, which is one reason why Houndoom has Scope Lens. The other is because if I did my calculating right, a CH Pursuit from Houndoom does 240 damage (not including stats, just the base power and such.)

Bowser: I almost regreted that decision ctz, but then again, Pojo is Pojo, and always will be Pojo, home of the newbs/proles.

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: EbBandPlayer ]

- - - - -

Bowser
I'm such a moron that I keep an axe behind me at all times.
Member # 2037

Member Rated:
posted 08-13-2001 11:29 PM      Profile for Bowser   Email Bowser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eh, I'm not ctz =P It's Shady21. Anyways, I sorta of agree with you about Pojo...(I know why you though I was ctz..."i sofa king we tall did" )
From: My mommy's uterus | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.