The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Battle tower help

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Battle tower help
Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 10:06 AM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Battle tower is so hard!! On lv 30 my slowpoke used surf on a dugtrio and it took about 5% of its health away. Anyone got any suggestions of who to use for the lv 10 and lv 20. I'm thinking about getting a baby skarmory, snorlax and i haven't decided who else yet. Anyone got any advice?

- - - - -
Snorlax and Blissey rule

BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 10:20 AM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dude, just wait until you're team is actually done. I can't go throught that think with my team I'm using to beat the game... a Pidgeot with Quick Attack, Fly, Wing Attack and Whirlwind just doesn't work

- - - - -
I have a nice butt!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 01:46 PM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm getting a baby skarmory and curselax up to level 10. What moves should i give them? Also can anyone suggest another pokemon to go with lax and scarmory for the level 10 battle cup.

- - - - -
Snorlax and Blissey rule

Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 03:34 PM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can someone help?

- - - - -
Snorlax and Blissey rule

BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 04:48 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uh... I guess this for those moves:

Snorlax:
>> Mint Berry
Curse
Rest
Double-Edge
Earthquake

That'll work. Or you could just use you're lv.100's from GS.

- - - - -
I have a nice butt!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 05:41 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Try a perish-trapping Missy, Curselax, and maybe Skarmory with Drill peck, swagger, steel wing, rest, and give it Miracleberry. If they swagger you, you'll probably have an easy time with everything else. Maybe switch Missy in against a Hyper beam and use that to set up the Perish-trap. After missy takes out 1 or 2, it makes your job a lot easier.

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 05:44 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
These are the teams I've used for Battle Tower (I've beaten 10-40, and I'm preparing for 50):

L10:

Aerodactyl: Dragon Rage, Wing Attack, Agility *Gold Berry

Dragon Rage is a deadly force in L10, as it kills all Pokemon within 2 shots. Wing Attack and Agility are fillers. Gold Berry is for mad recovery.

Abra: Psychic, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch *Leftovers

Special sweeper, backup for Aerodactyl.

Onix (L5): Tackle, Screech *Bitter Berry

I picked this thing up in a trade while trying to catch 150 Pokemon for Stadium 2's stupid requirement. The only use he sees is to deal damage to the Jolteon so Aerodactyl's Dragon Rage finishes it off (Jolty survives DR with around 1-2 HP).

L20:

Aerodactyl: Dragon Rage, Wing Attack, Earthquake, Bite *Gold Berry

Upgraded to not rely on Dragon Rage, as it starts to get weaker from here on in.

Alakazam: Psychic, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Ice Punch *Focus Band

Blah. Focus Band has actually saved me many times, sometimes in critical moments where the difference between winning and losing is decided by a 9.8(?)% chance.

Heracross: Horn Attack, Endure, Earthquake, Tackle *Leftovers

Last line of defense.

L30:

Alakazam: Psychic, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Recover *Focus Band

I found Alakazam to be more effective as a starter, and I got rid of Ice Punch, because I'm not too worried about Ground-types, considering they generally have low Special Defense and Ice Punch would only do 20 more base

Aerodactyl: Dragon Rage, Wing Attack, Earthquake, Ancientpower *Gold Berry

Another upgrade, this time with Ancientpower. I have yet to get a boost, however ;.;

Heracross: Horn Attack, Endure, Earthquake, Counter *Leftovers

Again, last line of defense.

L40:

Alakazam: Psychic, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Recover *Focus Band

*cough*

Aerodactyl: Dragon Rage, Wing Attack, Earthquake, Ancientpower *Gold Berry

*cough*

Heracross: Horn Attack, Endure, Earthquake, Take Down *Leftovers

Slight chance *coughs again*

By level 50, Heracross will have Reversal (in which case I'll swap Leftovers for Focus Band and give Kazam Leftovers), and by level 60 it will have Megahorn, then my team will look the same until I finally defeat the final level.

Whether this helps or not, I don't know.

- - - - -
"Young love, with horns!"
-Toonami review of Ico (PS2)

[Rockzilla] Remember now, excuses are like asses, everybody has one and they all stink.

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 06:26 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DragonRage is allowed in the Level 10 cup in Battle Tower. Teach it to all three of your Pokes. I suggest you go with an Aerodactyl. Forget ANY other moves on the Pokémon you teach DragonRage too, even if you have a chance to use a x4 weakness attack, go with Dragon Rage, the computer's Pokémon are WAY to strong. Just go with Dragon Rage no matter what. Believe me.

I watched my friend go through battle tower level 10 division and he had a GOOD TEAM.

Crap like this would happen. He was up against some Pokémon (not sure which one, but would be x2 weak to fire)

Anyway, my friend uses Fire Blast, and, the enemy still had over 70% HP! So, then, my friend just went with Dragon Rage.

Yes, as cheap as it is, if he didn't use his Aerodactly with Dragon Rage over and over he wouldn't won.

(note, I might not have gotten the above story exactly 100% correct, but, either way, it's pretty damn close to the way it happened)

-MK

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 07:27 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*incoming nitpick*

On a Ground type, Ice Punch is 15 base stronger than Psychic. Don't forget Psychic's STAB-ness. (150 vs 135.)

*end nitpick*

Skarmory 0wnz Battle Tower. Misdreavus is a big help, too. You definitely need something to soak up Hyper Beams. I'm currently using Dragonair, Alakazam and Skarmory, but I'm probably going to replace Dragonair with the Misdreavus I used in Lv. 10 because Dragonair was only there for Dragon Rage and when Misdreavus gets Perish Song on the go...
~Uiru, master of long, rambling sentences

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 07:35 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uiru, you gotta believe me. The Battle Tower Level 10 is horrible. If you won't believe me till you see it with your own eyes that's ok, but, DON'T EVEN bother using any other attack than Dragon Rage. I know this may sound crazy but anyone who has done level 10 and had a Pokémon (Aerodactly) with excellent attacks and Dragon Rage will tell you that even with a Super Effective Attack, Dragon Rage would've dealed more damage!

-MK
- - - - -
Best of all : Pikachu. Mimic. Explosion. You fill in the blanks. =P ~Madelyn

Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 04:12 AM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can you catch a wild dragonair with d-rage? How do you get it onto aerodactl?

- - - - -
Snorlax and Blissey rule

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 06:34 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Houndoom:
Can you catch a wild dragonair with d-rage? How do you get it onto aerodactl?

Trade both Dragonair and Aerodactyl back to RBY and teach them the RBY Dragon Rage TM there, which can be purchased at Celadon City's Prize Corner.

Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 06:43 AM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
AAh damn. I only got one gbc so i suppose i can't get d-rage Oh well i'll just have to think of another poke to go with curselax and skarmory. How about a mr.mime with hypnosis, nightmare, psychic and barrier?

- - - - -
Snorlax and Blissey rule

Subtallica
Farting Nudist
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 09:29 AM      Profile for Subtallica     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I swept Lv10 Battle tower with

Skarmory
Drill Peck
Whirlwind
Toxic
Fly
>Miracel berry
*comp doesnt switch when toxified, so the fly - toxic combo works nice

Blissey
Psychic
T-bolt
Blizzard
Softboiled
>leftovers

Full out attacker, works well

Snorlax
Curse
DE
Rest
Flamethrower
>Mint Berry

Once you get him set up its rediculous, you only need one curse really

- - - - -
The ingorance in your words merely reflects your own ignorance - MK

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 09:42 AM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like your skarmory and curselax although would wobbuffet work?

- - - - -
Snorlax and Blissey rule

Subtallica
Farting Nudist
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 01:43 PM      Profile for Subtallica     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Never used a Wobbuffet before, couldnt tell you

- - - - -
The ingorance in your words merely reflects your own ignorance - MK

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 04:25 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't use Wobbuffet.

That is all.

- - - - -
"Young love, with horns!"
-Toonami review of Ico (PS2)

[Rockzilla] Remember now, excuses are like asses, everybody has one and they all stink.

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 08-12-2001 06:00 PM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Who should i use instead of wobbufett?

- - - - -
Snorlax and Blissey rule

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.