The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » ph33r.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ph33r.
MidgetSnowman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1400

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 10:55 PM      Profile for MidgetSnowman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah...well, Im just introducing myself for the politeness factor. Im moving to this board, because the signal to noise ratio of GameFAQS is getting worse every day. and If I stay there much longer, Im going to get banned for snaping and flaming a newbie too harshly.

anyways. Hi, and rate my strange and incoherent team.

Rapidash@Leftovers
Reflect
Fire Blast
Double-Edge
Substitute

Arbok@Leftovers
Glare
Rock Slide
Sludge Bomb
Earthquake

Lapras@MintBerry
Rest
WhirlPool
Perish Song
Protect

Golem@Leftovers
Explosion
Rock Slide
EarthQuake
Bug HP

Tyranitar@Scopelens
Rock Slide
Ice Beam
Screech
Earthquake

Miltank@Miracleberry
Milk Drink
Body Slam
Earthquake
Heal Bell

- - - - -
cuz otherwise i'm insanely obese, have no friends, and wet my ebd. on top of it i farm pigs in malaysia, and strip for strange men and nickles.

From: Sedalia,MO, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
sl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1940

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 11:03 PM      Profile for sl   Author's Homepage   Email sl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MidgetSnowman:

Rapidash@Leftovers
Reflect
Fire Blast
Double-Edge
Substitute

if someone leads with forretress, wouldnt it suck if fblast missed huh? put flamethrower over it, accuracy is important.

Arbok@Leftovers
Glare
Rock Slide
Sludge Bomb
Earthquake

Meh. i dont know shit about 'bok, so i wont say anything.

Lapras@MintBerry
Rest
WhirlPool
Perish Song
Protect

Lapras isnt a good perish trapper, period. they would probably send in a missy, you whirlpool... u use perish song, they use mean look, whirlpool ends, they switch out, lappy faints. :P go with ConfuseRay/Surf/IceBeam/(Thunderbolt,BodySlam)

Golem@Leftovers
Explosion
Rock Slide
EarthQuake
Bug HP

i like counter. XD

Tyranitar@Scopelens
Rock Slide
Ice Beam
Screech
Earthquake

there are more and more alakazams popping up, and you probably wont have time to screech properly because they will just switch out.

Miltank@Miracleberry
Milk Drink
Body Slam
Earthquake
Heal Bell

fine

your team structure needs some work itself, you have a 4x fighting weakness. -_-

- - - - -
um... whatever.

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 08-11-2001 12:09 AM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let me remind you of Lapras' stats:
HP base 130 (463 max)
Att base 85 (268 max)
Def base 80 (258 max)
Speed base 65 (218 max)
Spc Att base 85 (268 max)
Spc Def base 95 (288 max)

Truly, the only bad stat is it's speed. HP more than makes up for Def on the lower side. Lapras should not be used as a perish-trapper. This is one of the best tanks that you can get.
Basically, Confuse Ray and pick any 3 attacks. With the rest of your pokes, I'd go with Confuse Ray/Surf/Ice Beam/T-Bolt. T-Bolt over Body Slam because you have no other electric move.
However, I commend you on your choice of pokemon. A few underused pokes (Rapidash, Arbok). And not many overlapping types (T-Tar and Golem being Rocks are the only ones I believe).

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: Turbo X ]

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
sl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1940

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 12:14 AM      Profile for sl   Author's Homepage   Email sl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yes, it has underused pokes.. but it has a 4x fighting weakness.. now you dont want machamp to 0wn your whole team, now do you. Put counter on golem, if cc doesnt get a ch you can concider champ dead.

- - - - -
um... whatever.

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 08-11-2001 01:02 AM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
your team structure needs some work itself, you have a 4x fighting weakness. -_-

Ya know, when I first read your rate, and then rated the team for myself; I completely missed your last line. I stopped after the Milktank set. Me sorry!!!
Yes, now that I look back, it does have a 4x fighting weakness (3 2x weaknesses and T-Tar's 4x weakness!!)

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: Turbo X ]

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 05:56 AM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
a rate a rate a lovely rate....

Rapidash@Leftovers
Reflect
Fire Blast
Double-Edge
Substitute

Ok this is a good starter, what with the large numbers of grass pokemon rearing their leafy heads, especially as starters (they mess up starmie/jolty). This looks fine, and as it's special attack kinda sucks fireblasting may be necessary - best way is to try out both that and flamethrower, see how they go.

Arbok@Leftovers
Glare
Rock Slide
Sludge Bomb
Earthquake

This is ok but screech can work well here, and if you can get them paralyzed before screeching you can pseudo-whirlpara (aka Zappy). I don't think it can really survive with 3 attacks though, haze is always good.

Lapras@MintBerry
Rest
WhirlPool
Perish Song
Protect

Yeah in all fairness leave perishing to the mean lookers. I also consider ptrapping cheesy, and would never stoop to that level. The best set IMO is : safeguard/confuseray/bodyslam/surf or t-bolt.
This team lacks mira berries and safeguarding will take the weight of milky's legs for a while. Yet for the set, you have no water support so have either body slam or t-bolt, definitely surf. You have to decide whether you want electric support, or the oppurtunity to fight mirror coaters.

Golem@Leftovers
Explosion
Rock Slide
EarthQuake
Bug HP

Ok this is where we have a contradiction - arbok already has the rock/ground combo, and although its clear that golem does a better job of it changing golem would lose a fighting weakness. IMO, lose either arbok or golem for a flying type, who will have a resistance to fighting attacks. If you lose arbok, give golem counter (it works), if you lose golem, give arbok rest over sludgebomb to give it more survivability. Another thing for golem, bug hp with its base of 70 will not win against a grass pokemon, and as your team completely lacks any switch forcing, apart from screeching, change the bug hp to roar - someone has to have it.

Tyranitar@Scopelens
Rock Slide
Ice Beam
Screech
Earthquake

Ok you could lose both golem and arbok now, there is no need to two rock/grounders, let alone three! This poke is good, but the moveset if kinda iffy. Keep golem/arbok, and change this round to :
pursuit/icebeam/rockslide/screech

This set allows you to keep ice support, more importantly you screech them, they switch and you smash them with a stabbed pursuit (at crunch's base damage!!). In the case of alakazam, BANG. Rockslide gets stab, and you don't need another quake.

Miltank@Miracleberry
Milk Drink
Body Slam
Earthquake
Heal Bell

Ah good old milky, I may loath it but atleast you don't have skarmo and missy. 4 quakes really isn't necessary, change it for attract/psych up. Both of these mess up other teams.

Overall not a bad team at all, though I do wonder why 3 'slides and 4 quakes are present! IMO, one rock/grounder is sufficient. The problem that this team has is the lack of a water/grass attack, and scarceness of wasting the stat uppers. When you lose arbok or golem, I would recommend getting in Zappy as it fits the gap perfectly. One legendary is ok, give it whirl/t-wave/drill/t-bolt and all your probs are solved. Still, I liked this team, which had a good effort to include the less popular pokemon.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 03:03 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
raticata, on Tyranitar:
Ok you could lose both golem and arbok now, there is no need to two rock/grounders, let alone three!

Tyranitar isn't Rock/Ground. It's Rock/Dark.

gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 03:17 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sl:
if someone leads with forretress, wouldnt it suck if fblast missed huh? put flamethrower over it, accuracy is important.

If they lead with Forretress, they'd be switching out against Rapidash without thinking twice, so that's not very much of a concern.

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 03:38 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
3x Weakness to Water
3x Weakness to Grass
4x Weakness to Ground
4x Weakness to Fighting

Sorry, but that's pretty much unusable..

quote:
Originally posted by Automaton:
Tyranitar isn't Rock/Ground. It's Rock/Dark.
I believe he was speaking of the move combo, rock/ground...

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: Random Loser ]

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 06:37 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rapidash@Leftovers
Reflect
Fire Blast
Double-Edge
Substitute

Yes, change Fire Blast for Flamethrower. Keep Reflect. Get rid of Substitute, trust me, it won't be worth it. I would also get rid of Double-Edge, but that's just me.

Arbok@Leftovers
Glare
Rock Slide
Sludge Bomb
Earthquake

I'm not big on Arbok, so I dunno. But, I would say to definitely keep Glare and Sludge Bomb.

Lapras@MintBerry
Rest
WhirlPool
Perish Song
Protect

I think this moveset could actually work despite what others may say. But, a Surf/ConfuseRay/BodySlam/Rest @ MintBerry may prove better.

Golem@Leftovers
Explosion
Rock Slide
EarthQuake
Bug HP

Ok, the Bug HP could help you deal with Grass types, which are this dude's weakness, but, I dunno, better listen to someone else's advise.

Tyranitar@Scopelens
Rock Slide
Ice Beam
Screech
Earthquake

Ok, FORGET Screech. It's accuracy isn't 99.609375%. Since Tyranitar is a dark type, I would strongly suggest Crunch. Sure Crunch isn't perfect, but, he is dark, you'll get STAB, and Crunch can be effective when used right. You might want Ancient Power over RockSlide, that's your call.

Miltank@Miracleberry
Milk Drink
Body Slam
Earthquake
Heal Bell

Ok, this Miktank seems ok, but, I've never raised a Miltank, so, see what others say.

In the end, your team comes down to you, do what you think is best in the end, but, at the same time, be open to new ideas.

Note: In Stadium G/S/C in cup divisions Pokémon are not allowed to hold duplicate items (so 2 Pokémon can't have leftovers)

-MK

MidgetSnowman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1400

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 06:50 PM      Profile for MidgetSnowman     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whoo..ok then, thanks for the rates..I guess I'll post my revised team.

Zapdos@Miracleberry
Grass HP
Twave
Drill Peck
Thunderbolt

Arbok@KingsRock
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Glare
Rest

Bellossom@Miracleberry
Synthesis
Giga Drain
Swords Dance
Return

Golem@Miracleberry
Explosion
Counter
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Starmie@Miracleberry
Surf
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Recover

Miltank@Miracleberry
Milk Drink
Heal Bell
Return
Psych Up

- - - - -
cuz otherwise i'm insanely obese, have no friends, and wet my ebd. on top of it i farm pigs in malaysia, and strip for strange men and nickles.

From: Sedalia,MO, USA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 07:58 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Zapdos@Miracleberry
Grass HP
Twave
Drill Peck
Thunderbolt

Ya know, I would've probably said use ICE HP for this guy, but, man, Grass is a good idea! The only time you might want Ice over Grass would be against a Dragonite. But, Grass is a neat idea. Good against Quasire.

Arbok@KingsRock
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Glare
Rest

Ok, Glare Good. I don't think Arbok can survive the 2 turns it takes to rest. I also don't know if King's Rock will add to Rock Slide's Chance of Flinching or if it will override it's already flinching chance, which could be make it good or bad, I really don't know. Anyway, you don't have to do this, but, if you REALLY want a poision type, go with Muk. But, if you want Arbok keep Glare. Try SludeBomb for Stab over Rest.

Bellossom@Miracleberry
Synthesis
Giga Drain
Swords Dance
Return

Ok, in theory this could work. Synthesis and Giga Drain will help restore HP. Swords Dance when you can to boost Return's Power. It could work.

Golem@Miracleberry
Explosion
Counter
Rock Slide
Earthquake

Not bad, your main problem now could be against a water/rock/grass type, so, in that event, either switch or explode!

Starmie@Miracleberry
Surf
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Recover

Ok, this gives you a well rounded Starmie on the grounds that you have a strong Psychic, Surf, and Electric Attack, and Surf and Psychic will get Stab. Recover when weak, this seems good. I personally use DeathStar, but, go with this one, looks good.

Miltank@Miracleberry
Milk Drink
Heal Bell
Return
Psych Up

Seems good to me.

Good job
-MK

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.