The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Porygon2 or Lax?????

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Porygon2 or Lax?????
Skarmory
Farting Nudist
Member # 1850

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 04:44 PM      Profile for Skarmory   Email Skarmory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now most use lax, and so do I. But i was thinking. Porygon2 has pretty much the same moves... plus some SA... now my quesion is. Is it better to go with the CurseP2 with IB/Tbolt/F-thrower or my lax with curse/counter?

- - - - -
If I had a funny quote, I'd put it here.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 05:38 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Porygon2 dun get Flamethrower. And why would something named 'CurseP2' have three Elemental moves?

Porygon2 has a huge Speed advantage over Snorlax. (Think about it. Most have either Thunderwave or Agility, and Recover is faster than Rest.) It can also attack elementally, meaning it has more strengths. But Snorlax is stronger physically and much more tankish as well.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
sl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1940

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 11:24 PM      Profile for sl   Author's Homepage   Email sl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i have actually killed curselax with cursegon2 before...

- - - - -
um... whatever.

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 12:22 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Something tells me there's about a 99% chance that you killed the Snorlax because of a CH...

- - - - -
MickHale18: nevermind, I'll pull out for a second
MickHale18: *pulls out finger*

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
sl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1940

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 12:23 AM      Profile for sl   Author's Homepage   Email sl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
actually, he got a ch earthquake, and i got FP most of the time.

- - - - -
um... whatever.

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 12:25 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What is its moveset? This other guy seems to use Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Curse, which is not only completely illogical but it's also illegal.

Other than that, I don't think a Porygon2 beating a Snorlax is THAT strange. Especially with Curse and Recover.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
sl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1940

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 12:27 AM      Profile for sl   Author's Homepage   Email sl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i used ThunderWave/Curse/DE/Recover, i know its screwed against ghosts but thats about it, even skarmory cant survive 2 DE's from this thing, ESPECIALLY if i paralized it before.

- - - - -
um... whatever.

raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 06:03 AM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
that looks a fine set, and could easily beat a snorlax.

As for naming it CurseP2, you could be trying to mess with your opponent's mind - heck I've seen this :

Atmuk (MUK lvl 100) (UMBREON lvl 100)

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 07:55 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I use both Porygon2 and lax and both work great but have different roles. Porygon2 has T-wave, recover, ice beam, DE, and makes an excellent lead, as it is a solid paralyzer, a good attacker, and lasts almost forever with recover. I use him on other teams as well since he is basically a paralyze-and-sweep all on his own, with great stats. Snorlax is a sweeper, all the time. I pass a Vaporeon sub, DT to the max, belly drum, rest, attack. It destroys entire teams with that first sub still standing. As for who is better, it depends what your team needs. If it's only a sweeper and nothing else, use Lax, if you want a paralyser, Special attacker, or anything but a pure sweeper, use Porygon2.

[ 08-11-2001: Message edited by: ThumbsOfSteel ]

- - - - -
"If you put that post in 00bersig, you owe every post ever made by MK a 6-foot monument made of platinum." -StarCaliber
"I'm pretty sure it says in there somewhere that Iron Tailing Mewtwos are half price." -Uiru
This message will selfdestruct in 10 seconds.

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Nitro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 11:16 AM      Profile for Nitro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like psych up instead of curse. It has killed many, many snorlaxes.

- - - - -
"Hahaha. No one will EVER wipe that shit eating grin off his face."~Fish commenting on Cloyster.
----
ok let's use curselax wtf i win~LugiaStorms philosophy of how to play G/S.

sl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1940

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 12:05 PM      Profile for sl   Author's Homepage   Email sl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mess with your opponents mind? That's very childish, and doesn't work at all when fighting anyone but n00bs. I've had people use this crappy shit against me, I think its just a waste of a good nickname and a childish attempt at having an advantage over your opponent.

And, as a snorlax killer

Primeape
> Psych Up
> Cross Chop
> Rock Slide
> Rest
@ Leftovers

kills lax's better, especially bellylax. i had a friend who had a starter with thief, he thiefed, stole mint, lax bdrumed, switched to ape, lax went to sleep (how stupid... knowing that it didnt have a mint), ape used psych up, lax is fast asleep, ape used CC, lax fainted... he swept this guys whole team FLAWLESSLY with a 999atk primeape

heh heh.. that bp team i had made a flawless against some n00b if i remember right..

- - - - -
um... whatever.

Skarmory
Farting Nudist
Member # 1850

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 12:51 PM      Profile for Skarmory   Email Skarmory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sigh its not supposed to have three elemental moves x_x

Its supposed to have either: Ice Beam, Thunder Bolt OR Flamethrower along with Recover, Curse, Doube-edge!

Does that help?

- - - - -
If I had a funny quote, I'd put it here.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 06:42 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I use Snorlax personally. I actually rasied a Porygon2, gave it a possibly unique moveset, and, I didn't like it.

If you want to take the path less traveled, use Porygon2, but, if you teach it curse, try to go with 1 elemental attack to cover your teams' weaknesses. 2 elemental attacks tops. If you go with curse, leave double-edge, and recover with those 3 would be good. So, if you want PG2, try this...

-Curse
-Double-Edge (or another strong physical attack)
-Recover
-(insert elemental attack or hidden power)

Go get em
-MK

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-11-2001 06:59 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Porygon2 can learn Thunderbolt and Ice Beam via Move Tutor via Crystal but not Flamethrower or Fire Blast through any legal means.

-MK

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.