The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » The Toad From Hell...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Toad From Hell...
JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 10:02 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmmm....I just came up with a fool-proof Perish-trapping Politoed. I wonder if it has been used yet, haven't seen one so I guess I'll take the credit for it...

Here it is...

Politoed:

Protect
Detect
Perish Song
Whirlpool
@leftovers/miracleberry

-Great idea? It looks like it'll work, not unless I forgot something that can counter that...Protect and Detect, that'll work for 2 turns, just enough set up time for Perish Song to work, and you switch on the 3rd turn for the kill!

- - - - -
"Man is born free...and everywhere he is in chains."
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote relates to the "wage-slave cycle" which most of you are in.

From: St. Paul, MN,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 10:57 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Great... until you realize that whirlpool has 70% accuracy, and also, IIRC, has a 25% chance of wearing off before perish song kills. Simply outclassed by Missy and even Gengar.
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 10:57 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This will only work if you're lucky. You'll take a hit on the switch. Take a hit or two to whirlpool, a hit to perish song, and a hit if protect or detect fails. Leftovers probably won't heal enough to use this more than once, if it even works. Furthermore, Protect and Detect both have their chance of working chopped in half if you used either one of them the previous turn, so there's not reason to have both. Rest or something would be better than detect, if you have a Heal Beller.

- - - - -
"All because of your no-good, dirty, rotten, pig-stealing grandfather!" - Just when we thought the Disney Channel's writers couldn't get any worse...

JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 11:08 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Come on! I just tested this guy out in battle, it worked just like I said it would. I KO'd a team of 6 with this combo...but if you don't like it, it's your problem.

- - - - -
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 11:16 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mhm. And I've had my Pidgeot sweep 5 Pokemon before.

Your point?

- - - - -
Pretty de Cure Cure
Futari wa Precure

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-09-2001 01:07 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by JoHtO TrAiNeR:
Come on! I just tested this guy out in battle, it worked just like I said it would. I KO'd a team of 6 with this combo...but if you don't like it, it's your problem.
You killed six pokemon, taking 2 hits from each, with only leftovers for recover? That doesn't say much for your opponent, and really isn't possible against a good team.

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-09-2001 01:16 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's not a bad idea in theory, and when used right can work. Personally I'd still go with the OHKO evil Poliwrath

Poliwrath@???
-Whirlpool
-Future Sight
-Fissure
-(Your choice)

Try a whirlpool so the opponent cannot retreat. Then use Future Sight, which will guarantee the next attack you use will hit if the opponent doesn't switch (which due to whirlpool they can't). Now, as long as they aren't part flying, use fissure and they are 100% fainted*.

*As long as they aren't holding a focus band and/or used Protect/Detect/Endure the turn you use Fissure.

*EDIT: Added disclaimer and fixed a typo.*

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: MK ]

PikachuThunder
Farting Nudist
Member # 22

Member Rated:
posted 08-09-2001 05:50 AM      Profile for PikachuThunder        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
Then use Future Sight, which will guarantee the next attack you use will hit if the opponent doesn't switch (which due to whirlpool they can't).

Wrong move.

Mind Reader is what you're talking about. =P

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 08-09-2001 08:08 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Using Protect then Detect isn't even a guarantee. The effect triggered by those attacks is the exact same, so when checking for an accuracy drop, it will drop regardless of whether it was Protect or Detect that was used last turn.
From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-09-2001 08:32 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Endure too! If you go Protect -> Endure -> Detect, Endure has a 50% chance of working and Detect has a 25% chance. I tried this on a Toxic Golduck in Battle Tower. Golduck was quickly replaced.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-09-2001 03:39 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well true that whirlpool has bad accuracy but gsbot always ups percentages, or so it seems - after being AP'd three times, and the opposing meganium rising in stats three times, it's pretty solid evidence. we may even see more ohko attacks working their way onto teams.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 08-09-2001 04:00 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SDShamshel:
Mhm. And I've had my Pidgeot sweep 5 Pokemon before.

Your point?

Pokemon with only Sunny Day and Rain Dance as attacking moves don't count. I fight THEM in the Viridian Training Hall.

And my point was that it actually works. Sure Protect and Detect had a total of 5 misses, but it worked out fine with the other members in my team to cause a little paralyzing on the foe...

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: JoHtO TrAiNeR ]

- - - - -
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.