The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Bell Resters

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Bell Resters
JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 04:54 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
EDIT: Originally wanted team to be raped...

1)Skarmory:

Swagger
Drill Peck
Whirlwind
Rest
@Sharp Beak

-Is there a better moveset out there?

2)Misdreavus:

Perish Song
Protect
Mean Look
Destiny Bond
@leftovers

-Works great...

3)Snorlax:

Belly Drum
Return
Rest
Shadowball
@leftovers

-Curselax takes too long to setup, and with all those Whirlwinders/Hazers out there, I just don't have the time to setup. Also, I don't have Double Edge, because of it's recoil that does way too much damage to itself when fully powered. Shadowball kicks arse...

4)Kingdra:

Surf
Dragonbreath
Rest
Attract
@leftovers

-Works very well...

5)Machamp:

Rest
Rockslide
Cross Chop
Light Screen
@Focus Band

-No need for Earthquake...

6)Miltank:

Heal Bell
Milk Drink
Return
Psyche Up

-What's a Bell Resting team to do without her?

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: JoHtO TrAiNeR ]

[ 08-13-2001: Message edited by: JoHtO TrAiNeR ]

- - - - -
"Man is born free...and everywhere he is in chains."
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote relates to the "wage-slave cycle" which most of you are in.

From: St. Paul, MN,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Subtallica
Farting Nudist
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 05:30 PM      Profile for Subtallica     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quick thing, put mint berry on Lax, half HP prob less cause ull be second to go, wont last too long, and if u swtich out for heal bell, ull loose ur stats, so u need minty- rest on him

- - - - -
The ingorance in your words merely reflects your own ignorance - MK

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 06:28 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1)Skarmory:

Swagger
Drill Peck
Whirlwind
Rest
@Sharp Beak

Well I would put thief over swagger and attach no item, and certainly not put him in first place as fire moves on starters are still common. Otherwise, this looks good. Thief is handy, as although skarmo has a good rep for crushing up maro/nickwaks, if it can steal the thick club aswell maro will have next to little chance. Nicking leftovers and mint berries (my fave nickable items, as you can use them and steal somethint else) will also psychologically damage your opponent.

2)Misdreavus:

Perish Song
Protect
Mean Look
Destiny Bond
@leftovers

Oh dear I can see where this team is going..trendytime.

3)Snorlax:

Belly Drum
Return
Rest
Shadowball
@leftovers

Ok but attach mint berry - or snorlax has to waste a good few turns, and bear in mind his defense isn't too hot, and if you switch to milky to lose the sleep then there goes the 999 attack aswell. Shadowball and return is ..well, an ok combo, but I would definitely have body slam over return. To read more about bellydrummers, see my post 'Polidrummer' where tghost gave a thorough explanation of why they are flawed.

4)Kingdra:

Surf
Dragonbreath
Rest
Attract
@leftovers

Ah good..I like this. I'm always for double stab when the stats can support it, and I love dragonbreath for its paralysing. Attract is ok but I find return good, for the only reason that if you somehow get stuck in a fight with corsola/blastoise/tenta/suicine they will mirror coat you off the board - return messes this up.

5)Machamp:

Rest
Rockslide
Cross Chop
Light Screen
@Focus Band

A fine set, and with gsbot giving much higher chances of paralysis on body slam etc there is no reason why focus band won't do the dirty aswell, though black belt is always a good option if only to make sure of killing blisseys'pory2s/milkys.

6)Miltank:

Heal Bell
Milk Drink
Return
Psyche Up

Naturally, as quake is going out of fashion on milky it would be an idea to include it here - unexpected and your team sacrilegiously lacks a quake. A large number of teams have electric pokes and quake is the only real easy way of defeating them. Also, as most electric pokes use t-wave, if they inflict this upon your poke you can switch in milky, heal bell away paralysis and blast them with quake. As for the item here, I would go for a miracleberry in case they predict a switch.

Basically, while I can see this team winning, in all fairness it does look dull. All of these pokes are frequent on the gsbot but then again, it is your team, whatever flicks your switch.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 10:33 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm...I just realized that I'm lacking in FIRE power....that's not good.

- - - - -
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 08-10-2001 07:41 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd like a few more rates please, I did type this up for a reason, thanks.

- - - - -
-Jean-Jacques Rousseau

the Newbie
Farting Nudist
Member # 1557

Member Rated:
posted 08-13-2001 12:07 AM      Profile for the Newbie     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The only thing that I can think of is adding burnt berry to Miltank. Against a Lapras I first had my Miltank confused, the miracle berry was used and then the Lapras used Ice Beam frozing Miltank therebey screwing over my whole team.

- - - - -
"When I want to feel smart I read TPM, when I want to feel dumb I read AZ." ~ Thom Burr

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-13-2001 04:59 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No point in using the Burnt Berry when you can use the Miracle...
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-13-2001 06:32 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not necessarily.. I wouldn't be too happy if my Miracle Berry got used up curing Poison or Paralysis, which can easily be dealt with by Heal Bell, only to have it get Frozen later in the match. I put Burnt Berry on mine simply because Freeze is the only effect that really worries me.
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.