The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Rate this fun team!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rate this fun team!
Gloomboy
Farting Nudist
Member # 462

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2001 09:51 AM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know you don't like Pokemasters,but I wanted to try out their normal-type team challenge for Crystal,so here's the team I plan to beat Red with. Suggestions? (Ducks the rotten tomatos thrown at him. )

Girafarig

• Amnesia
  • Baton Pass
  • Psychic
  • Crunch

@ Miracle Berry

Persian

• Slash
  • Hypnosis
  • Nightmare
  • Dream Eater

@ Bright Powder

Blissey

• Psychic
  • Ice Beam
  • Heal Bell
  • Softboiled

@ Leftovers

Noctowl (Nocty is part-normal type )

• Psychic
  • Hypnosis
  • Fly
  • Return

@ Twisted Spoon

Ursaring

• Slash
  • Earthquake
  • Sleep Talk
  • Rest
    @ Mint Berry

Clefable

• Thunderbolt
  • Flamethrower
  • Sunny Day
  • Moonlight
    @ Quick Claw

Comments anyone?

- - - - -
    "You forgot the part where Pikachu faints Rhydon with Thundershock..." - White Cat

"I don't care if you're lost. You show up here,you're nothing but a victim!" - Rocket Grunt under Goldenrod City

"That's what Hypnosis does; it fails horribly." - Uiru

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
  • cursed_snorlax
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 2044

Member Rated:
    posted 08-08-2001 01:17 PM      Profile for cursed_snorlax   Email cursed_snorlax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    i rate it.
    here we go.

Girafarig
    Amnesia
    Baton Pass
    Psychic
    Crunch
    @ Miracle Berry

this pokemon is dead agains umbreon.
    so its not good.
    wel you can batonpass out of there.
    but i think that is just a waste of time.

Persian
    Slash
    Hypnosis
    Nightmare
    Dream Eater
    @ Bright Powder

steelix eats this pokemon.
    its also bad.

Blissey
    Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Heal Bell
    Softboiled

steelix also eats this pokemon.
    now i think of it its eats Girafarig to.

@ Leftovers
    Noctowl
    Psychic
    Hypnosis
    Fly
    Return
    @ Twisted Spoon

fly ? give him wingattack.
    steelix also eats this pokemon.

Ursaring
    Slash
    Earthquake
    Sleep Talk
    Rest

mmm... A G A I N steelix eats it.
    with a high def from steelix earthquake.
    dus not realy harm him.

@ Mint Berry
    Clefable
    Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower
    Sunny Day
    Moonlight
    @ Quick Claw

well this is the first pokemon that can handle steelix.

this team will be eaten by a machamp and steelix.
    only Girafarig can do somethink about it.
    to many normaal pokemon.
    almost NO res.
    i can realy see this is a fun team.

if i rate a team the normaal way i give other move sets and stuff.
    but this team its SO bad.
    i did it this way.

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: cursed_snorlax ]

- - - - -
    come to the #BN_pokéchat on Mirc.
    tell your frends to :)

Turbo X
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 1808

posted 08-08-2001 06:25 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    quote:
    Originally posted by cursed_snorlax:
    this team will be eaten by a machamp and steelix.
    only Girafarig can do somethink about it.
    to many normaal pokemon.
    almost NO res.
    i can realy see this is a fun team.

if i rate a team the normaal way i give other move sets and stuff.
    but this team its SO bad.
    i did it this way.

First off, which way did you rate this? You basically claimed that Steelix and Machamp kill it..that's not rating it. And how many Steelix do you see anyway? Forretress are better at what they do, with the addition of Spikes and all. And you said that Girafarig is owned by Umbreon, so he shouldn't use it. Well in that case, no one should use Electrics (besides the Wet Rat) because they are owned by Grounds. Does that stop anyone from using them?? Hell no!!! Let him use whatever pokemon he wants to, especially if this is a fun team. I'm currently making a TSS team using a Dewgong. Dewgong sucks to many people, but I like using it. So there .

Anyway, on to the real rate.

Girafarig. Well, it might not have the Def to set up the Amnesias. But if you get the right opponent and it works, all the more power to ya.

Persian. I don't like the use of 2 attacks that depend on a 75% chance of sleep. I'd say replace Nightmare with T-Bolt for a greater variety of attacks.

Blissey. I know Heal Bell is good on her, but I think it would only really work with Ursaring and Rest unless the opponent is PRZ-happy. The rest of her is ok.

Noctowl. Hypnosis is better here because the set doesn't depend on it. Remember that even w/ STAB, Return might not do much cause of Noctowl extremely low Att. Maybe hope for an HP Ice or something to down other Flyers and Grounds.

Ursaring. I'd say put Hyper Beam over Slash. If you want to defeat the opponent by making them laugh to death, replace Slash with Strength.

Clefairy. This one's good as is as long as SD doesn't drop the power of T-Bolt (Help me on that one. I'm not up on all of the new facets of G/S, including all the effects of Sunny Day/Rain Dance and which attacks are lowered in power/accuracy).

Well, I hope this rate actually helps you. Actually, I looked at the movesets again and I see that you keeped TM usage to a minimum also.

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: Turbo X ]

- - - - -
    I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
    raticata
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 1994

Member Rated:
    posted 08-08-2001 07:14 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    A fun team eh ? This is definitely worth a rate.

Girafarig

Amnesia
    Baton Pass
    Psychic
    Crunch
    @ Miracle Berry

Well i like the look of this. Yet as your pokes are ok with taking special attacks mostly, I would pass agility or double team instead. Otherwise, good. Crunch for alakazam starters, psychic gets stab, mmmm.

Persian

Slash
    Hypnosis
    Nightmare
    Dream Eater
    @ Bright Powder

right I'm all for using persian, in fact I saw it recently as a starter armed with charm, and I recommend you get this in here.
    Dream eater will not do enough damage to be significant so lose that for charm. Slash, i think it can have body slam so that over slash. Shadowball runs off its ok attack so taht would work over hypnosis, which in all fairness has terrible accuracy. As for the last slot, I like either t-bolt or bubblebeam as surprisers - bubblebeam has more significance now rhydon and golem has awoken, who will think persian gives them no trouble.

Blissey

Psychic
    Ice Beam
    Heal Bell
    Softboiled
    @ Leftovers

Looks good - I have lost faith in countisseys and this is a nice combo. I prefer the quick claw though to enable getting the bell going asap.

Noctowl (Nocty is part-normal type )

Psychic
    Hypnosis
    Fly
    Return
    @ Twisted Spoon

Ok I'm not sure about nocty at all - it give you unwanted weaknesses to rock/ice/electric - for fun, get a nice raticate with this set :

roar/superfang/rest/hyperfang +mint

pretty simple - roar and halve their energy, mintyrest/restbell, and attack with hyperfang which gets stab and some nice flinches. Very fun to use, I didn't name myself after milktank.

Ursaring

Slash
    Earthquake
    Sleep Talk
    Rest
    @ Mint Berry

Hmm novel, but try this for powerful :

curse/rest/hyperbeam/counter

stabbed, cursed hyperbeam with his attack will kill loads, and counter will crush the townie machamps, who is the only threat to this team (skarmo is ruined by fireblast later down).

Clefable

Thunderbolt
    Flamethrower
    Sunny Day
    Moonlight
    @ Quick Claw

Good but this one would use lefties better, and solarbeam over t-bolt. Otherwise fine.

Overall I did enjoy rating this, bizarre, but original and mostly efficient. Should work well, consiering it only has a weakness, albeit 5* to fighting.

- - - - -
    A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

Gloomboy
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 462

Member Rated:
    posted 08-10-2001 01:52 AM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    Thanks for the rates,guys. Here's some improvements...

Girafarig (Lucky Boy)

• Baton Pass
    • Agility
    • Psychic
    • Earthquake

@ Bright Powder

I thought about it and decided that Crunch wasn't really necessary,even with his good Spec.Atk;Psy/Dark combo leaves him dead to Umbreon,Steelix,and many other types that can resist both Psychic and Dark attacks(steel and dark,to name them). Earthquake can destroy Steelix and Magnemite,and does a good number to dark-types like Houndoom and such.

On the other hand,this guy is basically dead to Murkrow and Skarmory,but I'll just BP away if I see them appear.

Persian (Krazy Kat)

• Return/Body Slam
    • Bubblebeam
    • Shadow Ball
    • Charm
      @ Mystic Water

I know the attachment sucks,but this is in case I decide to go on Stadium or somethin'. Raticata,the Charm idea is great,so that goes on. Body Slam may paralyze,but if Persian is happy,Return will do a lot of damage.

Noctowl (Night Owl)
      [LIST]

• Psychic
    • Steel Wing
    • Reflect
    • Wing Attack

@ Sharp Beak

Sorry,but I need a flying-type to take out stuff like bugs and fighting-types,and get immunity to ground attacks. Anyway,I decided to use Steel Wing to protect it from ice and rock-types,and Psychic will help to take down poison-types.

Clefable (Kitty)

• Solar Beam
    • Flamethrower
    • Sunny Day
    • Moonlight

@ Charcoal?

Standard 'Fable. I was thinking about a Tobybro clone with Ice Beam,Thunder Wave,Amnesia,Rest for RBY,just to annoy people.

Tauros (Bullhorn)

• Horn Drill
    • Fissure
    • Sleep Talk
    • Rest

@ Mint Berry

Evil. Just evil.

Ursaring (Big Bear)

• Earthquake
    • Seismic Toss
    • Counter
    • Rest

@ Leftovers

Probably a good set,thanks to Raticata.

- - - - -
    "You forgot the part where Pikachu faints Rhydon with Thundershock..." - White Cat

"I don't care if you're lost. You show up here,you're nothing but a victim!" - Rocket Grunt under Goldenrod City

Random Loser
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 1538

Member Rated:
    posted 08-10-2001 02:42 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    Persian: I'm not too sure about Bubblebeam.. It was used in RBY because Rock/Ground was the standard counter to normal types, but that isn't really the case now. I prefer a psyche up variant, but if you want to keep charm I'd replace BBeam with Amnesia.. Charm vs. a physical attacker and Amnesia vs. a specAtt-er. Or perhaps roar..

Noctowl: You're using a normal type without a normal move? I'd stick Return on here fast.. also consider Curse, the thing's actually got decent specDef.

Ursaring: Seismic Toss? And again you've got a normal without a normal move.. I'd probably use him as a curser.. curse, rest, return, EQ. At the least put Return over Seismic...

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
    Gloomboy
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 462

Member Rated:
    posted 08-10-2001 06:40 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    Okay,I'll change my team a bit:

Persian:
    * Return
    * Shadow Ball
    * Amnesia
    * Charm

Since I can't learn Body Slam on this cat
    because it has a GS move(thus barring trade
    to Chromatics),I'll give it Return since I'll
    probably carry it around a lot. Shadow Ball is for Ghosts and Rocks,but Steels are no go.

Dodrio:
    * Haze
    * Return
    * Drill Peck
    * Steel Wing

I ditched Noctowl for this because everyone says you need a STAB attack for Noctowl,and his attack sucks,so I used this bird,who has a great attack.

Miltank:
    * Body Slam
    * Surf
    * Milk Drink
    * Heal Bell

Pretty strong attacker and fast too. Surf to take out Lance's Aerodactyl and I need a Pokemon which can Surf.

SHINY Clefable:
    * Fire Blast
    * Sunny Day
    * Moonlight
    * Dizzy Punch

This is the creature I got from my Odd Egg. You can't discover the shiny part unless you check for yourself(it doesn't show it as shiny when it hatches,I found out it was shiny when I checked it on Stadium 2).

Girafarig:
    * Amnesia
    * Baton Pass
    * Psychic
    * Crunch

I went back to this guy. I can't get Agility back until I fight Lance in Stadium 2,so don't say to use Agility.

Tauros:
    * Earthquake
    * Return
    * Sleep Talk
    * Rest

Not a OHKO machine,but good for battling.

Wigglytuff:
    * Rest
    * Body Slam
    * Thunder Punch
    * Ice Punch

Filler. Good at attacking,but I might breed a Perish Songer Wiggly.

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
    Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
    Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.