The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Another underused poke?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another underused poke?
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 08-07-2001 03:40 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, with me being an ice fanatic, I tried to pick out the most unused ice poke that I knew of. This excludes Delibird because it's just about unusable. Don't kill me. This is the 1st thing that's come close to a team in G/S. Well, this is what I came up with.

Piloswine @Leftovers/NeverMeltIce
Curse
Earthquake
Blizzard
Return/Endure

I consider NeverMeltIce an option cause of the horrible Spc Att. Curse raises Att and Def for EQ (and Return if I put it on). Return w/ Leftovers, Endure w/ NMI.

Crystal set

Curse
EQ
Blizzard
Amnesia

Amnesia to raise bad Spc Def. Otherwise, same as above with same choices as attachments.

Pros - Underused and orginal. Opponent doesn't expect it. Hell, they might not even know what type it is so they wouldn't know what to use to attack it!!! Decent HP, Att, and Def when cursed up.

Cons - Bad Spc all around. Low speed

Threats - Any water type, Machamp, Skarmory, anything with Psych-up.

Ways to make better - Perhaps BP a few Agilities from Jolteon??

Just trying to be original here. I might think up a few more sets for other Ice pokes.

Anyway, rate away. Flame, barbeque, char-broil, what have you.

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dark-Celebi
Farting Nudist
Member # 1889

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2001 04:01 PM      Profile for Dark-Celebi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Good idear even though i don't like piloswine that much, but you might be able to catch some one off guard. Good work
(Can Piloswine not learn Ice beam in crystal?)

- - - - -
Meh....

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2001 04:05 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Piloswine has great Health and high Attack. Its Defence is average and its Speed and Special bite...

...However, like everything else, there are ways around this. Piloswine has a couple of weaknesses (Fire, Water, Grass, Fighting, Steel) but Amnesia gets around most of them. Two Amnesias and Piloswine is set.

Unfortuantely, it isn't big on the resistances, either. Rock and Ice are both neutralized by the other type, leaving it strong only to Poison and Electric attacks.

Its attack variety is poor as well. Ice Beam might be handy against things that are very weak to it, but you might consider going all physical with Return, Earthquake and/or Ancientpower. However, if you want to get Curse on the go, you should probably put it over Amnesia. Using both would give you way too much setup time, and also make you a great big magnet for Psych Up. Endure is also an option, but there isn't much that Piloswine outruns. Some BP'd Agilities would definitely help it out.
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2001 04:37 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've actually seen Curseswine in play.. the pre-crystal set was EQ, Rock Slide, Curse, Blizzard and with crystal the only change was updating Blizzard to Ice Beam. It worked ok, mostly because people weren't expecting it, then disappeared after about a week...
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 08-07-2001 10:48 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was one Rock Slide away from guessing the Curseswine standard?? Damn, and I've never even used Piloswine before. Actually, the only G/S experience I have is one round on Stadium 2. I'd rather use Return over Rock Slide anyway because Blizzard takes care of flyers somewhat.

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 08-07-2001 11:14 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
for Piloswine:

Piloswine (Leftovers)
-Earthquake
-Rock SLide
-Amnesia
-Body Slam/Blizzard

perhaps Quick Claw could work over leftovers so that you may Amnesia before a fire type can Flamethrower you away....but Leftovers works well with that amazing 403 HP...

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 08-07-2001 11:19 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Another new creation:

Dewgong
Horn Drill
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Surf

Basically the RBY 'gong I used. Yea yea, he's a weaker Lapras, I know. But those few more points on speed helped out with Horn drill in RBY aided in OHKOing them!! Hyper Beam if you're sure it can knock them out.

But now that G/S came out, I adapted him a little bit. Perhaps a little bit of startegy comes into play.

Toxic
Rain Dance
Ice Beam
Surf

Toxic the first poke, if it can be, that is. Next, Rain Dance because they will most likely switch. Then Surf away the foe.

Damn I love these under-estimated pokemon. There's so much variety to using them, and no one expects what you've got on there!!
mwa ha ha ha *cough* ha ha ha *cough* *cough*. I've gotta stop this cackling. It irritates my throat.
*Once again dons the flame-resistant coat*

<EDIT> I just keep on getting these flashes of brillance tonight. I could use Gong on a TSS team. First, send out something to throw out spikes like Forretress (Don't Sandstorm yet. I'll explain why in a little bit). Explode Forretress, then send in Gong. Toxic completes 2/3s of TSS. If the opponent doesn't switch out yet, still Rain Dance. If they switch to an electric now to knock out the RD'd Gong (which is what I want them to try to do), then I'd switch to my ground type to Sandstorm, completing TSS. See, I didn't want that first poke to Sandstorm, because I wanted their 1st or 2nd poke to switch out (if only to get a feel for what their pokemon are like).
OK, I hope all this makes sense to you. I'll try to get the whole TSS team up on here in the next few days, as this will be my 1st official G/S team.
OK, now I'm done. Flame away

[ 08-07-2001: Message edited by: Turbo X ]

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.