The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Okay, maybe you'll like this team.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Okay, maybe you'll like this team.
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 07:35 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahh, being ripped to shreds by Cat-Gonk. It's been a while.

I have been so bored this month, my team has changed five times. (I'd train up two or three of the members, change my mind and start over. I've got more than 20 Lv. 100's right now, not counting the variations.) That last one posted here was the 'slow but strong' team... Then there was the 'invincible to Sandstorm' team, the 'fast but weak' team, and now, the combination of everything thrown into a bag and shaken really, really, really well. And there were ones I've since forgotten...

Let's do this quick.

Forretress: 65 Bug Power, Spikes, Explosion, Protect/Sandstorm/Toxic/Curse -> Miracleberry

Starmie: Psychic, Ice Beam, Light Screen, Recover -> PRZ Berry

Rhydon: Earthquake, Rock Slide, Counter, Rest -> Mint Berry

Miltank: Body Slam, Earthquake, Heal Bell, Milk Drink -> Leftovers

Muk: Sludge Bomb, Flamethrower/Fire Blast, Curse, Explosion -> Polkadot Bow

Exeggutor: Giga Drain, Psychic, 70 Ice Power, Moonlight -> Quick Claw

Welcome back? I never left. I just got bored of frequenting all the different boards. Heh heh.

Let's see. Judging by Cat-Gonk's last rate, someone is going to point out that I still have a Skarmory problem. Muk's Fire Blast would certainly sting one of them, and Starmie, Rhydon and Exeggutor can hit for neutral damage. I'm considering Thunderbolt over Psychic on Starmie, but I would like to keep a STAB attack and it needs Ice Beam. Exeggutor might be iffy, but Rhydon can Counter.

Exeggutor is, of course, the ultimate anti-Machamp, anti-Marowak. Luckily, it's got backup. One Curse from a Muk will allow it to take Marowak's Earthquake. Of course, it doesn't even need to power up to destroy Marowak or Machamp with Explosion. Rhydon can also absorb a Cross Chop or Earthquake and Counter, dealing lethal damage to the offender. (But, obviously, Exeggutor is the preferred extermination method.)

How, exactly, is Spikes without Whirlwind useless? If Spikes are out, are you saying people are going to leave their Machamp in for my Exeggutor to eat?

Fire Blast on Rhydon would certainly leave a massive scar on Scizor and Forretress, but is it really nessessary? Their Physical attacks won't do much damage to Rhydon (unless Steel Wing is involved, which you don't seem to like and which would be nicely Countered anyhow) and it'll still beat them in three or four hits. If I recall correctly, these two and Parasect are the only 4x weak to Fires in the game, and Earthquake will match the damage on anything Fire is effective against. (Unless Earthquake is ineffective, which isn't common against things you'd let Rhydon fight.)

I absolutely abhor Miltank! But until I get my hands on a Celebi, the stupid cow will have to do. Imagine fighting one with Starmie's Light Screen. My Miltank's perfect Defencive stats and Leftovers will make it tough to take out. Mwa.

As for the metagame... Is removing my reliance on Paralyzation due to the overwhelming infestation of Miltank a part of playing to the 'metagame'? And what the hell is the 'metagame', anyhow? I try to prepare for any concievable situation, being ready for most of the more sickly popular and/or dangerous Pokmon in use (Machamp, Marowak, Skarmory, Zapdos, etc, as well as the Super Legendaries). However, I think I could use a better Fire user. Maybe Moltres. I love Moltres.

And Cat-Gonk, are you still at that Double Rest garbage? Your battles must be exceedingly boring. Personally, I like to win by skill, not by luck. *fondly remembers the time he Earthquaked without fail through an Umbreon's almost fully powered DT shield* *on Stadium GS* Okay, a little luck is fine.

And lastly, I don't use GSBot. Too lazy to figure it out. I will, however, be on the PB Sim when it's ready. Heh heh.
~Uiru

------------------

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 08:27 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Story of luck:

Once Guillotined a Vaporeon through 6 DT's on GSBot.

Team rate pending.

------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 07-29-2001 08:29 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow, loads o pokedaily pppls are here

------------------
Beware the Dynasty! Listen To Uncle!

"Together for ever, no matter how long"
-Dragonite to Flareon

IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 08:36 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Technically, Uiru's an RPGamer, but eh.

------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 08:40 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RPGamer for liefes!

I hang at PokDaily a lot too (actually, I'm a mod there now ^_^). But RPGamer is my home board.

And an addendum to the team. If I ever get a Celebi, I would put it in place of Exeggutor, with Psychic, Perish Song, Heal Bell and Recover, and it would likely steal Miltank's Leftovers. Maybe use Brightpowder. What's Perish Song for? To a. provoke switches over Spikes and b. shove Cat-Gonk's Double Rest plan right back up where it came from. *LMAO*
~Uiru

------------------

Subtallica
Farting Nudist
Member # 1101

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 09:03 PM      Profile for Subtallica     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"Azure born, Azure bred, and when i die, ill be Azure dead"

Quick Rate

Foretress - I like to put him out, and then bring out Starmie or someone to try to counter the pokemon they bring out, so i can get rid of h te fire early cause then he is actually useable, its defense and attack are very nice, it has alot of stamina vs physical attacks...id go with protect

Starmie - Surf over Ice Beam, STAB is nice, but either way you would lack either a Ice or Water move (bar Ice HP) but i prefer Surf

If you get a Celebi, that set is perfect, and i suggest taking out Miltank, for the ever loveable and always prefered, LAX, i prefer Curselax myself, but i know you like Counterlax...so how about a Counter, Rest, Curse, Double Edge, good sweeper, bring him out last to clean up the dirt, paralization support would help, but if no he can definitly pull it off

Muk - never used it, dont really like it, cant help you here

Over all 8/10

- moltres would go well with this team

------------------
He was asking for you.... Who????

DEEEEEEEEEZZZZ NUTS

From: Long Island, NY | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-29-2001 09:17 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This board needs a laughing or really smiley smiley, or the rotating head...

Yeah, if I ever get a Celebi, Miltank is *GONE*. I'll replace it with either my killer Snorlax (Max Health, Attack and Specials, -20 DF and SP) or Crystal Umbreon. Heh heh.

Snorlax, of course, is Body Slam, Counter, Amnesia and Rest. Perfect for making Elemental Pokmon *completely* useless, and drawing out the Physicals to get crushed. :)
~Uiru

------------------

[This message has been edited by Uiru (edited 07-29-2001).]

Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 07-29-2001 09:49 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i wish peeps were smart on poke-gym

------------------

-Dragonite to Flareon

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 07-31-2001 10:09 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm bumping this up for Cat-Gonk. I probably should have mentioned that I was going to reply to his rant with a new message...
~Uiru

------------------

Shenlong19
unregistered

posted 07-31-2001 10:15 PM           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
XD

------------------

-Dragonite to Flareon

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 05:55 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahh, being ripped to shreds by Cat-Gonk. It's been a while.

Heh, did you like the intro to my reply? Ah, it's great to be right >=D.

Muk's Fire Blast would certainly sting one of them

Not that you should be using Muk..

Exeggutor can hit for neutral damage

...with Icepower, even though it's got an obscene SA behind it I can't see it even leaving a mark..care to run the numbers?

Exeggutor is, of course, the ultimate anti-Machamp, anti-Marowak.

I was considering using one myself, actually, due to the lack of special attacks on GSBot, but almost all Marowak have BugPower (don't ask me why), and Machamp have Fire Blast (which will leave horrendous wounds if you switch in, and it's not too hard to see a switch coming against a Machamp).

How, exactly, is Spikes without Whirlwind useless? If Spikes are out, are you saying people are going to leave their Machamp in for my Exeggutor to eat?

They'd switch, for a WHOPPING 1/8 damage that's quickly negated by Leftovers (if the proles would accept Item Clause you might have a point) and comes to naught when you consider that people stick Rest on everything anyhow.

Fire Blast on Rhydon would certainly leave a massive scar on Scizor and Forretress, but is it really nessessary?

YES. You're missing the point. It's not how much damage they'll do initially, it's how much damage they'll do once they're powered up. Roar is a temporary solution but ultimately you want the kill, and if your opponent switches in thinking that they'll get a few boosters up before you can deal any appreciable damage they've got another thing coming.

I absolutely abhor Miltank! But until I get my hands on a Celebi, the stupid cow will have to do. Imagine fighting one with Starmie's Light Screen. My Miltank's perfect Defencive stats and Leftovers will make it tough to take out. Mwa.

Again, special attacks are barely even worth worrying about these days. I've seen too many teams that don't even have one..kinda like physical in RBY..

As for the metagame... Is removing my reliance on Paralyzation due to the overwhelming infestation of Miltank a part of playing to the 'metagame'? And what the hell is the 'metagame', anyhow?

Curse on everything, Heal Bell on every second team.

Oddly enough, Skarmory and Dunsparce both eat the current metagame alive..one Spite and Miltank's suddenly useless as well as all those unprotected Rest users..

I try to prepare for any concievable situation, being ready for most of the more sickly popular and/or dangerous Pokmon in use (Machamp, Marowak, Skarmory, Zapdos, etc, as well as the Super Legendaries).

I don't bother preparing for the super-legendaries unless I'm taking them myself. No point in fighting a battle where you're already at a disadvantage right from the outset.

However, I think I could use a better Fire user. Maybe Moltres. I love Moltres.

So do I, actually, even if once he SOMEHOW failed to kill a Marowak despite having Sunny Day up (the thing had 18% HP left, if someone could explain this to me I'd really appreciate it)..

And Cat-Gonk, are you still at that Double Rest garbage? Your battles must be exceedingly boring. Personally, I like to win by skill, not by luck. *fondly remembers the time he Earthquaked without fail through an Umbreon's almost fully powered DT shield* *on Stadium GS* Okay, a little luck is fine.

Hahaha, because of me, Evade Clause has been made standard on GSbot (let's face facts, people, I'm the most prominent DT/Rest user around and Evade Clause was made standard THE DAY AFTER I announced that I had mIRC access back again), and Celebi's probably going to get banned soon simply because it's perfectfor BPing Double Teams.

"Oh what was that? Zapdos? Only 49% damage with Drill Peck? It'll take you three consecutive hits to kill me, you say? Hmm.."

So far the only things that have killed it have been Curse users (Curse is a pretty effective counter to DT, assuming the DTer isn't Cursing, that is...muwahahahahaha..Kudos to Neo Syrex for anticipating months in advance the GSBot metagame and providing me with a simple yet horrendously effective counter, I've beaten people with Celebi and Kingdra alone.) and a Kazam that had obscene luck with paralysis.

Then again, you RPGimps have been whining about this for years and I don't expect you to stop anytime soon..

Hahaha, Perish Song on Celebi? Fine, doesn't bother me if you waste the capabilities of the best DT BPer around..

------------------
t-gk: NvêVasTrR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D !iv n GdDsh?
@iM: CatGonk | !r: Tourmaline | I<Q: 83851495
tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(: --[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

<MrCoffee> Cuz it's the cool thing to do.
<_LugiaStorm_> It's the CAT-GONK thing to do.

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 08:43 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not that you should be using Muk..

You've got a problem with Muk?

...with Icepower, even though it's got an obscene SA behind it I can't see it even leaving a mark..care to run the numbers?

...It wouldn't be terribly damaging...

I was considering using one myself, actually, due to the lack of special attacks on GSBot, but almost all Marowak have BugPower (don't ask me why), and Machamp have Fire Blast (which will leave horrendous wounds if you switch in, and it's not too hard to see a switch coming against a Machamp).

Bug Power?! BUG POWER?! ...Rhydon and Muk can pick it up, I guess.

They'd switch, for a WHOPPING 1/8 damage that's quickly negated by Leftovers (if the proles would accept Item Clause you might have a point) and comes to naught when you consider that people stick Rest on everything anyhow.

So you're saying I should go through all the effort of getting Whirlwind or Roar on the go so I can take a hit from something that will probably wind up fainting whatever I'm using in a few hits just to inflict that 'WHOPPING' 1/8 damage on a few more things?

YES. You're missing the point. It's not how much damage they'll do initially, it's how much damage they'll do once they're powered up. Roar is a temporary solution but ultimately you want the kill, and if your opponent switches in thinking that they'll get a few boosters up before you can deal any appreciable damage they've got another thing coming.

That is a good point... But where should I put it? Putting Flamethrower anywhere reduces Rhydon's overall usefulness, for the sake of being stronger against two Pokmon. If I seriously wanted to kill them, I could get Muk in there.

Curse on everything, Heal Bell on every second team.

Oddly enough, Skarmory and Dunsparce both eat the current metagame alive..one Spite and Miltank's suddenly useless as well as all those unprotected Rest users..

Maybe training up that Skarmory wasn't such a waste after all. Now all I need is a PLACE FOR IT.

I don't bother preparing for the super-legendaries unless I'm taking them myself. No point in fighting a battle where you're already at a disadvantage right from the outset.

Counterlax can kill two of the three Legendaries in a row. It might actually be all three; I haven't tested the new version that has Rest.

So do I, actually, even if once he SOMEHOW failed to kill a Marowak despite having Sunny Day up (the thing had 18% HP left, if someone could explain this to me I'd really appreciate it)..

Well, they DID have to go and boost the frigger's SD...

Hahaha, because of me, Evade Clause has been made standard on GSbot (let's face facts, people, I'm the most prominent DT/Rest user around and Evade Clause was made standard THE DAY AFTER I announced that I had mIRC access back again), and Celebi's probably going to get banned soon simply because it's perfectfor BPing Double Teams.

This does not surprise me. It humors me, but it doesn't surprise me.

"Oh what was that? Zapdos? Only 49% damage with Drill Peck? It'll take you three consecutive hits to kill me, you say? Hmm.."

So far the only things that have killed it have been Curse users (Curse is a pretty effective counter to DT, assuming the DTer isn't Cursing, that is...muwahahahahaha..Kudos to Neo Syrex for anticipating months in advance the GSBot metagame and providing me with a simple yet horrendously effective counter, I've beaten people with Celebi and Kingdra alone.) and a Kazam that had obscene luck with paralysis.

I assume these people didn't use a Heracross. Or is your Celebi's only attack Psychic?

Then again, you RPGimps have been whining about this for years and I don't expect you to stop anytime soon..

So you won't mind if we keep at it? Good.

Hahaha, Perish Song on Celebi? Fine, doesn't bother me if you waste the capabilities of the best DT BPer around..

You're suggesting Double Team and Baton Pass on a Celebi? No way you aren't taking Recover (or Rest, you sick freak ^_~), so that leaves you either attackless or Bell-less. Giga Drain and Psychic on their own are quite simple to PP waste, too.

Meanwhile, Perish Song will slice your Double Rest garbage to ribbons, wasting two moves on each of your Pokmon, and if you try DRing on a Heracross, it's in for a visit from my Aerodactyl/Skarmory/Moltres/whatever. I, personally, wouldn't poo-poo this.

Hmm... Crystal Umbreon and Singing Celebi... It's a Misdreavus with Recover. I feel another team change coming on. Heh heh heh! Look what you've done.

And you forgot to rate the team. *rolls eyes*
~Uiru- this is fun. Heh heh.

------------------

Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 08:43 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You've got a problem with Muk?

No, nothing other than the fact that it's weak to the second most common element in the game and doesn't have nearly enough going for it to make up for that.

So you're saying I should go through all the effort of getting Whirlwind or Roar on the go so I can take a hit from something that will probably wind up fainting whatever I'm using in a few hits just to inflict that 'WHOPPING' 1/8 damage on a few more things?

No, you use Whirlwind and Roar to deal 1/4 damage to anything switching out and in again in order to avoid parashuffle.

That is a good point... But where should I put it? Putting Flamethrower anywhere reduces Rhydon's overall usefulness, for the sake of being stronger against two Pokmon. If I seriously wanted to kill them, I could get Muk in there.

Normally I'd go without Rest, but I suppose it is a Restbell team..

Counterlax can kill two of the three Legendaries in a row. It might actually be all three; I haven't tested the new version that has Rest.

Heh, yet people still consider them cheap. Let me use them again and I'll show Snorlax a thing or two..

Well, they DID have to go and boost the frigger's SD...

I ran the numbers and the thing takes 125% damage at max, yet SOMEHOW it lived with 18% HP.

This does not surprise me. It humors me, but it doesn't surprise me.

You and me both.

Hey, the proles have to at least think they stand a chance of beating me ^_^.

I assume these people didn't use a Heracross. Or is your Celebi's only attack Psychic?

I've seen all of two Heracross on GSbot, and Moltres takes care of that rather nicely. DT as Heracross comes in, BP out to Moltres, throw up a Sunny Day..

You're suggesting Double Team and Baton Pass on a Celebi? No way you aren't taking Recover (or Rest, you sick freak ^_~), so that leaves you either attackless or Bell-less. Giga Drain and Psychic on their own are quite simple to PP waste, too.

Attackless or Heal Bell less doesn't bother me, but I chose the latter for my short-lived GSbot career. I save Restbell for my proper Cat-Gonk Clause -less team.

Meanwhile, Perish Song will slice your Double Rest garbage to ribbons, wasting two moves on each of your Pokmon, and if you try DRing on a Heracross, it's in for a visit from my Aerodactyl/Skarmory/Moltres/whatever. I, personally, wouldn't poo-poo this.

Perish Song will have just as much effect on my as those Hazers you RPGimps kept using will. When you think about it, it's got more or less the same effect, you lose a turn and I lose my DTs, but in this case I get a switch ^_^.

Hmm... Crystal Umbreon and Singing Celebi... It's a Misdreavus with Recover.

And you wonder why I'm not worried?

And you forgot to rate the team. *rolls eyes*

I'll rate it when I get back from Uni, I've kinda got to leave now.

------------------
D !iv n GdDsh?

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 08-01-2001 11:51 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
AECG:
I ran the numbers and the thing takes 125% damage at max, yet SOMEHOW it lived with 18% HP.

You sure you ran 'em right? I'm coming up with 261-307, 284 average... and Maro's got 323 HP.

------------------
"The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
-MK

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 12:10 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Random Loser:

You sure you ran 'em right? I'm coming up with 261-307, 284 average... and Maro's got 323 HP.
[/B][/QUOTE]

With Fire Blast (120 power?)?

I got Talen to run them as well and he came up with the same thing I did.

------------------
D !iv n GdDsh?

Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 12:17 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anyway, Uiru's team...

Two fire weaknesses = bad. Two GROUND weaknesses = Unworkable. All it'll take is a Scizor to BP to Machamp (and you only have one Fire attack where you should have at least two IMHO) and your entire team goes up in smoke.

Egger without a state changer, what the hell? It's bad enough in GS as is, let alone without Sleep Powder.

Starmie, eh, I used to use one but they're not all that great. I'd probably drop Light Screen for a state changer, I guess this team could hold its own against Miltank.

Personally I don't like Miltank with two attacks. For GB battles I'd give the thing Present and Attract over its attacks.

Drop Muk and Forretress, but you knew that already.

I'm still seeing the same problems as before. Marowak problem. Nothing that can power up (Muk SO does not count) but not nearly enough fast attack to make up for it. Machamp problem. Very few Pokemon that don't extreme suceptibility to certain types.

At least you're using Item Clause, well done.

------------------
D !iv n GdDsh?

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 12:54 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sooner or later, somebody is going to explain to me exactly WTF Present does, and why a chance of a 40, 80, or 120 power attack is balaced by 25% recovery and is worth the breeding time.

Anyway, I see four immediate ways for Marowak to die, and only two involve the sacrifice of a team member.

...You know, at one point, I had a team that had five Ground strengths and four Fighting strengths, with no Ground weaknesses and two Fighting weaknesses. I wonder why the hell I changed from that. It probably got ripped up by Zapdos or Heracross or was horribly weak to Rock or something stupid. Hee hee.

The team I'm working on now has Misdreavus and its two-member counterpart, and three Normal types. Two of which have Counter, and I'm working on getting Fire moves in there.

And I really wish I could make up my mind. My team is coming up on its seventh or eighth evolution! THIS MONTH! *sigh*
~Uiru

------------------

[This message has been edited by Uiru (edited 08-02-2001).]

Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 08-02-2001 04:16 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sooner or later, somebody is going to explain to me exactly WTF Present does, and why a chance of a 40, 80, or 120 power attack is balaced by 25% recovery and is worth the breeding time.

A "40, 80, or 120 power attack" that "is balaced by 25% recovery" isn't worth the breeding time.

An attack that can OHKO Kingdra and Umbreon is.

Anyway, I see four immediate ways for Marowak to die, and only two involve the sacrifice of a team member.

• If you switch in Starmie, it'll die, and if Marowak's Restbelling you'll achieve nothing.
  • If you switch in Rhydon, it'll die before it Counters.
  • Forretress will buy it if Machamp has Fire Blast
  • Muk will buy it, full stop.
  • Egger will take a nice hard hit on the switch in, and if you're fighting a prole with Bugpower..
  • Miltank will achieve nothing.

...You know, at one point, I had a team that had five Ground strengths and four Fighting strengths, with no Ground weaknesses and two Fighting weaknesses. I wonder why the hell I changed from that.

Because you'd never played on GSbot?

There's no point making a team you think is sound if everything everyone else is using will rape it.

It probably got ripped up by Zapdos or Heracross or was horribly weak to Rock or something stupid. Hee hee.

That's what's known as "bad type balance", Uiru. It's not a fault of the metagame, it's a fault of the player.

------------------
    D !iv n GdDsh?

• Random Loser
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 1538

Member Rated:
    posted 08-02-2001 05:22 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    Well, my numbers for Moltres' specAtt and Wak's specDef are 348 and 258, if those are wrong, stop reading now . Also, Sunny Day simply multiplies the base of Fire Blast by 1.5, to 180, correct?

Straight off Azure, the damage formula, if this is wrong, stop reading now.
    ((((((((2A/5+2)*B*C)/D)/50)+2)*X)*Y/10)*Z)/255

Plug in the numbers...
    ((((((((2(100)/5+2)*(348)*(180))/(258))/50)+2)*1.5)*1)*255)/255

Step by step...

• ((((((((42)*348)*180)/258)/50)+2)*1.5)*1)*255)/255
    • ((((((((14616)*180)/258)/50)+2)*1.5)*1)*255)/255
    • (((((((2630880)/258)/50)+2)*1.5)*1)*255)/255
    • ((((((10197)/50)+2)*1.5)*1)*255)/255
    • (((((203)+2)*1.5)*1)*255)/255
    • ((((205)*1.5)*1)*255)/255
    • (((307)*1)*255)/255
    • ((307)*255)/255
    • (78285)/255

Well.. that's what I did/got for the max damage... looks good to me and fits with your experience. As to why I wrote all this out I've got no clue.. it's 5 in the morning and I've got nothing better to do . Oh well, I'm sure I did something wrong anyway.

------------------
    "The statement by our blunderbuss azurian is totally non valid."
    -MK

Dragonite21
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 475

posted 08-02-2001 07:01 AM      Profile for Dragonite21     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    Sunny Day multiplies Fire Blast's base power by 2.
    Random Loser
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 1538

Member Rated:
    posted 08-02-2001 08:39 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    I'm fairly certain it's 50%, and the several places I just checked (including Uiru's site and a search of the research lab) back that up...
    Uiru
    Sketch Molester
    Member # 437

Member Rated:
    posted 08-02-2001 10:25 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    If Sunny Day cranked the damage by 2, Moltres would be unstoppable. Once when I thought the damage was doubled, I ran some numbers and found out that a lot of Water Pokmon would be 2HKO'd by Fire Blast. I was disappointed when I realized my error.
    ~Uiru

------------------

Member # 14

Member Rated:
    posted 08-02-2001 12:07 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    Only 1.5?

Ferk.

I could have sworn it was x2. Looks like Moltres might be getting the flick now, though I can't think of anything better to replace it with.

------------------
    D !iv n GdDsh?

Gloomboy
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 462

Member Rated:
    posted 08-02-2001 01:46 PM      Profile for Gloomboy     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    Yeah,I thought Sunny Day and Rain Dance DOUBLED fire and water respectively,too.

quote:

If you switch in Starmie, it'll die, and if Marowak's Restbelling you'll achieve nothing.

Cat-Gonk,I ran the numbers in Pokemaster's Damage Calculator and found this much:

Starmie vs. Thick Club Marowak
    Earthquake: 66%-77%
    Bug Power: 56%-65%
    Starmie vs. Machamp
    Earthquake: 30%-37%

Machamp will do diddly to Starmie,even if I switch,and Marowak? Recover Recover,then Surf. Of course,if I switch in 'Mie to 'Wak, he'll probably pin me to the wall for a while,until his PP run out,but Passing to Mie will definitely handle that loser.

Starmie is cool. I was forced to use an Eggy from Red to take out that damn Pokemaniac's Starmie(Thunderbolt,Surf,Psychic,Confuse Ray) on Stadium 2's R-2 Mode,Poke Cup Master ball.

------------------
    [Sig deleted due to absurd length.]

From: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
    Member # 14

Member Rated:
    posted 08-02-2001 08:44 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    Machamp will do diddly to Starmie,even if I switch

I never said otherwise.

and Marowak? Recover Recover,then Surf.

And deal 82% damage, and get hit again by Quake, and die.

------------------
    D !iv n GdDsh?

gruco
    I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
    Member # 1645

Member Rated:
    posted 08-02-2001 08:58 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    However, with Hydro Pump over Surf, it would be a OHKO, correct?

------------------

Uiru
    Sketch Molester
    Member # 437

Member Rated:
    posted 08-02-2001 10:27 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    It really blows that the only Water Pokmon that can OHKO Marowak w/ Surf, w/o Rain Dance on the go is Omastar, and it needs Mystic Water. And even then, it's far from guaranteed.

...However, it is faster than Marowak, so if Marowak takes any kind of damage during the match, after it faints something, Omastar can go in and pop it one.
    ~Uiru- Marowak would be so much better if it's SD had to be left alone.

------------------

Brayze
    Farting Nudist
    Member # 1286

Member Rated:
    posted 08-02-2001 11:44 PM      Profile for Brayze     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
    I don't think we need marowaks running around with high SD. That would be bad news for everybody.

From: Lunar Palace ver. 3.1 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
    Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
    Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.