The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Construction zone. Hard hat required.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Construction zone. Hard hat required.
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2001 09:54 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A Jolt/wak team with other backup.

Jolteon @leftovers
T-bolt
agility
sub
baton pass
Subs, aiglitys twice, then passes to Forretress to lay spikes. After he dies, pass sub & 1 agility to marowak. Anyone else could also benefit from agility.

Forretress @pink bow
spikes
double edge
reflect/sandstorm
explosion
Sets spikes, the third move(whichever I pick) attacks until he's about to die, then blows up.

Marowak @ thick club
Earthquake
rock slide
bug HP
swords dance
Standard crystal Nickwak

Octillery @leftovers
surf
ice beam
flamethrower
haze
Hazer and special sweeper. Yes, I still prefer Haze to Roar/Whirlwind.

Gengar @miracle seed
psychic
giga drain
confuse ray
destiny bond
Psychic is the main attack, giga drain for healing, confuse ray and destiny bond to take down more. May drop psychic for T-bolt.

Jynx @leftovers
Mean look
Perish song
lovely kiss
dream eater
Perish trapper, dream eater for healing. I prefer this to Missy for overall stats, a healing move, sleep for better staying power, and it eats restbell users alive. Fish's Tauros is a sub here.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2001 01:28 AM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm...

Remind me to Roar away subbing Jolteons with Steelix when I see them...

Thanks for the idea. My team is becoming closer to teh b33f.

------------------
The Sheep suddenly seems more powerful.
The Sheep suddenly seems more powerful.
The Sheep suddenly seems more powerful.....

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2001 02:00 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dude, you need a few more Fire Attacks, to really screw up a Skarmory, that really screws up JoltWak, and also screw up countering Heracrosses...the things JoltWak can't handle, can usually be handled by Fire attacks. Bare that in mind. Also, beware of the opponent using a JoltWak, this combo seems to have spread overnight, from just me using it (and now dumped it) to almost everybody. I wouldn't call your team much of a backup.
From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2001 09:02 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jolteon can deal with Skarmory, and as for Heracross, people don't use him much at all anymore, let alone with counter.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-19-2001 10:21 AM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThumbsOfSteel:
and as for Heracross, people don't use him much at all anymore, let alone with counter.

That's exactly the attitude that made Skarmory so powerful in the metagame. For the first 6 or so months since G/S has been out, 90% of all those movesets could be foiled by Skarmory. But no one actually did anything about it because "No one uses Skarmory!" they said. Don't think that just because you don't see Heracross much in battle as of late that it's completely okay to disregard it when coming up with a team. Provided, no team can be perfect, but there tends to be a problem when a single Pokemon (that is not Curselax or a Super Legendary) can be a serious threat.

------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.