The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » RMT, please? (my first team)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: RMT, please? (my first team)
Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 10:07 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Uuuuummmm, yeah.... please rate my team. Based on Sunny Day

The Scorchers version 1.03

Ampharos @ Miracle Berry
Fire Punch
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Light Screen

Meganium @ Mystery Berry
Ancient Power
Razor Leaf
Safeguard
Synthesis

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Haze
Reflect
Surf
Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
Moonlight
Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Solar Beam

Espeon @ Miracle Berry
Psychic
Fire Power (70)
Sunny Day
Morning Sun

Aerodactyl @ Miracle Berry
Ancient Power
Earthquake
Sunny Day
Fire Blast

Okay, explanation:

The first three members are meant to work sorta without the help of the other half as Sunny Day ruins Vaporeon and Meganium. I decided not to put in Solar Beam in place of Razor Leaf because I don't want to have to switch out when the Sunny Day falls. Vaporeon can attack with Ice Beam even with the Sunny Day on, though it lowers his effectiveness.

The last three, well, sorta standard.

1 times Ground weakness.
2 times Bug Weakness.
2 times Ice weakness.
1 times Fire weakness.
1 times Flying weakness.
1 times Poinson weakness.
1 times Fighting Weakness.
1 times Ghost weakness.
1 times Dark weakness.
2 times Electric weakness.
1 times Rock Weakness.
0 times Dark weakness.

4 times Fire attacks.
1 times Electric attack.
2 times Rock attack.
2 times Grass attack.
1 times Ice attack.
1 times Water attack.
1 times Pyschic attack.
1 times Ground attack.

3 times Sunny Day.
3 times a recovery move.
1 times a paralysis move.
3 times pseudo-passing move.

Rate it, please?

------------------

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 11:07 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Looks pretty good.. only suggestion I've got is perhaps a 'Wak w/ almost the exact same moveset (rock slide over AP..) over aerodactly. It would scratch half of the 2x electric weakness and trade a rock weakness for a grass one, something I doubt is feared on a fire team.

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 11:16 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ampharos @ Miracle Berry
Fire Punch
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Light Screen

If you know how to do this, try to forget Fire Punch, and go for a Hidden Power of Fire. A hidden power of Fire base attack power 70 is stronger than Fire Punch's base attack power. But this is only if you want Fire Hidden Power. If it were my Ampharos, I would go for an ice/water HiddenPower since Ampharos main weakness, if not it's only weakness, is ground, and water/ice will help take that type out. Since SunnyDay might weaken a Water Hidden Power, I'd go for ice, but, it's up to you.

Meganium @ Mystery Berry
Ancient Power
Razor Leaf
Safeguard
Synthesis

Ok Meganium, but, if you are going to have SunnyDay in place, ditch one of the moves for a SolarBeam, which only takes one turn to fire during a sunnyday. I would strongly suggest getting rid of Safeguard on Meganium. Anything that will greatly hurt you, you can use Synthesis on, which, when Sunny Day is out, gives you 100% HP back.

[This message has been edited by MK (edited 07-15-2001).]

Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 11:39 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
Ampharos @ Miracle Berry
Fire Punch
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Light Screen

If you know how to do this, try to forget Fire Punch, and go for a Hidden Power of Fire. A hidden power of Fire base attack power 70 is stronger than Fire Punch's base attack power. But this is only if you want Fire Hidden Power. If it were my Ampharos, I would go for an ice/water HiddenPower since Ampharos main weakness, if not it's only weakness, is ground, and water/ice will help take that type out. Since SunnyDay might weaken a Water Hidden Power, I'd go for ice, but, it's up to you.

Fire Punch has 75 power i believe.... Anyways I would have to have a HP DV of 3. I'll just leave it... Gets rid of all those pesky Foretresses. :P

Meganium @ Mystery Berry
Ancient Power
Razor Leaf
Safeguard
Synthesis

Ok Meganium, but, if you are going to have SunnyDay in place, ditch one of the moves for a SolarBeam, which only takes one turn to fire during a sunnyday. I would strongly suggest getting rid of Safeguard on Meganium. Anything that will greatly hurt you, you can use Synthesis on, which, when Sunny Day is out, gives you 100% HP back.

Yes, interesting suggestion, but I need SOMETHING for status changes.
My reason for Razor leaf is that: I decided not to put in Solar Beam in place of Razor Leaf because I don't want to have to switch out when the Sunny Day falls. Plus, I have extra PP.

[This message has been edited by MK (edited 07-15-2001).]

------------------

raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 06:24 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ampharos @ Miracle Berry
Fire Punch
Thunderbolt
Thunder Wave
Light Screen

good, though be careful about his speed. Fire punch is good for forrets or scizor, but only good vs forret if you can destroy him before spikes.

Meganium @ Mystery Berry
Ancient Power
Razor Leaf
Safeguard
Synthesis

right don't worry about razor leaf it really isnt too hot. Quake is great here, a fine combo with AP. Safeguard isnt bad, but if sowrds dance is poss that over safeguard.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Haze
Reflect
Surf
Ice Beam

very nice. There really isnt a need for acid armour anymore, and reflect nicely completes the pseudopassing. If youre worried about sunny day reducing the power of surf you can always replace it with bite - flinches come in v handy.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Moonlight
Sunny Day
Fire Blast
Solar Beam

standard but great - takes full advantage of sunny day. Needs some reflect/light screen up though as is v fragile.

Espeon @ Miracle Berry
Psychic
Fire Power (70)
Sunny Day
Morning Sun

standard set.

Aerodactyl @ Miracle Berry
Ancient Power
Earthquake
Sunny Day
Fire Blast

fire blast is probably not needed here considering his very low special attack. Its only real point is if you want him to be the starter for forrets and scizor - otherwise wing attack could be useful, to counter the grasses who benefit from sunny day. To tell the truth i dont really know if fireblast or wing attack would be best against grasses but wing attack has more pp and better accuracy, stab, and runs off his great attack, which 'blast doesnt.

overall good team, which actually has some structure.

------------------

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 06:36 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MK: If you know how to do this, try to forget Fire Punch, and go for a Hidden Power of Fire. A hidden power of Fire base attack power 70 is stronger than Fire Punch's base attack power.

75 is less than 70?

------------------
<NathaN> What is Sneak3?
<NathaN> Who is Annon?
<NathaN> I thought Tobybro has Psychic.

From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2001 07:49 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vaporeon can attack with Ice Beam even with the Sunny Day on, though it lowers his effectiveness.

Sunny Day doesn't affect Ice Beam, but it will hurt Surf. Don't purt Surf on a Sunny Day team.

------------------
"His ferocity is legendary - his anger against injustice blazes like a six-alarm fire within him."
-- Transformers: Car Robots Optimus Prime tech spec

Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2001 11:48 AM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
White Cat, have you got a suggestion to put on instead of Surf?

What I meant to say was that it lowers his effectiveness because Surf gets STAB, and Sunny Day cuts it in half. It is usualy his main attacking move.

Raticata, a Sunny Day'ed Fire Blast has more power than a STAB'ed Wing Attack. Plus I don't really have to worry about loosing the Fighting advantage, Espeon takes care of that.

Thanks for your comments. I will replace Surf, but with what move?

Ancient Power (Meganium) is there mainly for the stat boosts, as with Mystery Berry is has 16 PP, enough for 1-2 boosts. After two boosts, it can virtually hold its own, as no hazer is not weak to on of his attacks (Razor Leaf).

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.