The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Robomew

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Robomew
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 06:30 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If I ever somehow manage to wind up with a legit Mew, and bring it into the Metallic world (read: never), I think I'll go with this set -

Mew w/ Mircle Berry
Steel Wing
Swords Dance
Softboiled
Explosion

Now, granted, Steel effectiveness is crap. But, Steel Wing is definately the move I want. It has enough PP to last awhile, nothing is immune to it, and, most importantly, it can drop Defense. When Mew gets a defense drop and is attacking off of a 999 attack, he'll do plenty of damage, 70 base attack or not.

Steel Wing, SD, and Softboiled are basically set in stone, but the 4th move can be adjustable. I went with explosion because explosion kicks ass. However, Quake might be a better idea if you're particularly worried about Houndoon for some reason, and flamethrower may be a better move if you're particularly concerned about all those Steels who eat physical attacks for breakfast. Perhaps Twave to buy extra setup time.

The idea behind this set was sorta to throw back chromatic fights where people trade off psychics trying to drop special as much as possible. I always enjoyed that, for some reason. Oh well, lemme know what you think of the set. Any comments appretiated.

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 06:39 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mew w/ Miracle Berry
Steel Wing
Swords Dance
Softboiled
Explosion

I would use this Mew as a starter. The enemy might try a confuse ray or thunderwave, and the berry will fix that, so that's good. Start right away with Swords Dance, then some Steel Wings, Softboiled when weak on HP, and, when you know you're screwed, Explode. I hope you get a legal Mew someday, it must stink for those who haven't gotten em, Nintendo needs to do another tour and hand them out.

-MK

SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 08:03 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Steel Wing doesn't drop defense. It RAISES your defense. You're thinking of the sucktacular Iron Tail.

------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 08:15 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*needs to pay more attention to that sorta thing from now on*

Oh well, that sucks. Ugh, and I don't think 15 PP at 75% accuracy is really gonna be able to carry the set either.

Aw well. Back to drawing board.

Thanks for pointing that out though.

------------------

raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 04:11 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this set is very good.

999 attack really kills most despite base damage, i dont know how to work out damage against pokes but pretty confident. A defence boost would help aswell !!

Juts an idea, what about swift ? I know it does low damage and no stab, but as it hits 100% will a 999 attack kill most pokes?

------------------

Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 04:42 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Then it would be a regular Swift dancin' Mew.

------------------
Metalloid Research!!!!11!11
<Dunsparce> AHAHA, JMAN IS TEH SMRT

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.