The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » houndoobie

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: houndoobie
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 06:14 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
here's my patented houndoom set,houndoobie, want to know what you lot think of it :

+miracleseed
sunny day
solarbeam
crunch
attract

strategy is simple - as my team usually has a starter with t-bolt/punch and flamthrower/punch to neutralize spikers, i already have fire support.

Second, if i say sunny day, few trainers would leave out a poke weak to fire. Some send in waters counting on houndoobie's poor special defense, and get blasted by solarbeam. Crunch is just a nice attack, and moreover gets stab. Attract is the only real way to give it some defense, reversal was an option but needs endure which would screw this set. Also has probs with counter as many physical attacks can OHKO it.

i accept constructive criticism so dont hesitate with kindness....rate away !!

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 06:30 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not a bad idea to have attract over flamethrower (which is the standard) since you already have a flamethrower on your team. Go with it. BTW, is your houndeur male or female?

-MK

raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 06:45 PM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
its a female last time i checked, i think most people use male pokes for their higher attack DVs so has better chance of attract working.
Thanks for the praise !!

------------------

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 07:21 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No prob.

--------
"In gym class, these jerks always purposely throw the dodge balls @ me only!" - Me

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.