The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Cursing Suicune

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Cursing Suicune
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 10:42 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, somebody might already use this, but I just thought it up and was wondering how it would work..
-Curse
-Rest
-Mirror Coat
-Return
Obviously, u curse up, then rest. Now, w/ his huge defense they'll have to use special attacks, and since he's also got a high specDef they aren't likely to be too succesful at that either, especially after it gets smacked right back in their face w/ the highly predictable mirror coat.

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 10:46 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hm...I guess you can slap Curse on anything these days...

Well, the set would work, but I prefer to at least have Surf on this guy though...

------------------

From: St. Paul, MN,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 12:21 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Make sure to slap on a MintBerry or a MiracleBerry on the guy. So, the first time you rest if you still have the berry you'll wake up right away.

-MK

P.S. The final call is yours, but I think it's a good idea.

Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 01:45 PM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay but its only real offensive attack is return. It couldn't hold its own against a good offensive attacker. Mirror coat is good so i would have replaced rest with surf so at least you could take on a pokemon like tyranitar. This is because the berry would only wake suicine up once and it would probably have to withstand a hard attack after that.

------------------
Snorlax and Blissey rule

gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 02:21 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think the set is fine. A cursed Suicune would be a very strong, but only if you're good at predicting when the Special attacks are coming. The only thing that worries me are the inevitable tbolts Suicune will get while asleep. Won't be able to Mirror Coat those. But, overall, I think Suicune makes a better curser than most, but, ultimately, not as good as 'Lax. That's why I like the counter-defense Suicune - Psych Up/Roar/Mirror Coat/Return @ leftovers.

------------------

BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 03:23 PM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Next up... Cursing Mewtwo

Actually, that's a good set! I like it! But I won't use it because I need Roar on mine

------------------
Blissey/Chansey will hold up their proud tradition of beating two or more Mewtwo's in a row!

Psyduck rules!

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 08:35 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Houndoom:
It couldn't hold its own against a good offensive attacker. Mirror coat is good so i would have replaced rest with surf so at least you could take on a pokemon like tyranitar.

Ummmm... after 2 curses a Tyranitar's rock slide (that's an ok example of a good offensive attacker, eh?) does an average of 51 pts damage (it's better off using crunch.. 84 average) while suicune's return does an average of 60. Now, true, the fight would be boring as hell, but in a 1 on 1 suicune would win by virtue of rest. Of course, it would have been roared away before they brought out a T-Tar, but offensive types certainly aren't a cursers weakness..

LavosPhoenix
Farting Nudist
Member # 1865

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 08:39 PM      Profile for LavosPhoenix   Email LavosPhoenix   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm... Yet another Cursing Pokemon....
This one might do quite well....

------------------
*Hugs his Shiny Nuke*
*Licks his Stick 'O Molasses!*

From: Collinsville, Illinois (Just east of St. Louis) | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 04:49 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whoa, I just recently had this idea myself...O.o;

Anyway, Roar over MC was one option I thought of.

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 10:22 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Random Loser:
Ummmm... after 2 curses a Tyranitar's rock slide (that's an ok example of a good offensive attacker, eh?) does an average of 51 pts damage (it's better off using crunch.. 84 average) while suicune's return does an average of 60. Now, true, the fight would be boring as hell, but in a 1 on 1 suicune would win by virtue of rest. Of course, it would have been roared away before they brought out a T-Tar, but offensive types certainly aren't a cursers weakness..[/B]

Assumptions like this are mistakes that can cause you a Pokemon. I have a Roaring Restberry Tyranitar that would eat this for lunch. Also, this dies to anything with sub and an electric attack, such as sub/zap cannon espeon and is dead meat to any ghost type, especially misdreavus.

------------------
Please visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/dragonitej/main.html
team is aswam granbul,donphan,togipe&farlagater all lv:100" - newbie

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-17-2001 02:35 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, I was just using the T-Tar thing to point out that pure offensive attackers were the last thing it had to worry about.. And no, the idea didn't pan out all that well, it was really just off the top of my head.

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.