The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Countering the Crystal: Jolteon/Marowak combo

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Countering the Crystal: Jolteon/Marowak combo
Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 03:17 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, since when Crystal comes out there'll be quite a lot of Jolteon BPing Agility to Marowaks, I was just wondering these two pokemon could handle them:

Meganium @ Leftovers
Razor Leaf
Ancient Power
Safeguard
Syinthesis

Meganium starts first. If needed to switch in, he just Razor Leafs when the BP takes place. Then just Razor leafs again while Marowak Swords Dances, and pray for a miracle that he doesn't faint on the first Bug Power (it does 365 damage, average. he has 363 HP). If he does, in comes:

Heracross @ Blackbelt
Reversal
Endure
Mega Horn
Earthquake

Uses Mega Horn after sustaining a hit, and good-bye Marowak!

If Razor Leaf hits both times, and if it critical hits once, then Hercross isn't even need.

I know, it's kinda stupid to put in 2 pokemon to counter one specific threat, but, maybe it could save your butt (i once almost got swept by one).

Comments/suggestions here, please!

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lieutenant Aerodactyl (edited 07-14-2001).]

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 06:22 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Forgive me for asking, but why a Heracross to stop Marowak? The Meganium could work, but, I wouldn't give it Safeguard...

-MK

Dark-Celebi
Farting Nudist
Member # 1889

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 06:34 PM      Profile for Dark-Celebi     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tell you a pair that could be even harder to handle.
Vaporeon-Leftovers
acid armour
substitute
b-pass
haze

First you a-amour up then pass marowak the sub so he does'nt have that water weakness (im not certain that the sub keeps vaporeons stregths and weakness's) Then marowak hits away with this set.
Marowak-T-Club
E-quake
R-slide
Flamethrower if he can get it
rest?

flamethrowers there for the grass type that are the only thing that can brake the sub straight off (apart from electrics but who sends out an electric against a ground anyways?) if it carries Vaps weakness's i hope it does.
Ok thats it tell me what you think THANKS

------------------
Damn every time i try to burn whisky,vodka or rum it never goes up in flames......WHY?

Lieutenant Aerodactyl
Farting Nudist
Member # 1967

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 07:53 PM      Profile for Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Email Lieutenant Aerodactyl   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MK, the two pokemon are meant for different themes. Safeguard could also mean Light Screen or Reflect.

I took into account that the two might be used in other teams. They can be put into a team and be used just like normal, except also the added capability.

Dark-Celebi, the weakness of a sub isn't passed along from one pokemon to another. If they could then Vapoeron's sub would be passd to Blisseys like crazy because the only two weaknesses that Vaporeon has are Special, and Blissey has monster spc. def.

------------------

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2001 10:38 PM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dude, you could jsut use a Theifing Skarmory. No more JoltWak (it's called JoltWak) problem. Also, through my experience of using it, it's really bloody hard to get it going unless you're battling a NOOb. Also, Jolteon's really gotta have Subbie and Agility, to let Marowak have a chance of setting up. I'll shutup now, before everybody uses this combo....

------------------
"no! i'm the diet coke of evil! only one calorie! NOT ENOUGH!
*melts into evil-envious puddle*" - spunman

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 01:26 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, it seems to me the main strength of this combo is to bait out switches to buy the setup time. If you see an Jolt use Agility though, you should know what's coming. I mean really, why in god's name would you use Agility of Jolteon unless you're gonna pass it? So at that point you should just bring out your hazer/roarer, and cut off the combo.

If it does manage to setup though, Tghost is right, Skarmory is most certainly going to be the best counter, either through Thief or through Wwind.

------------------

SpaceDog
I AM A DUMB PERSON GNUUUUUUHHHH
Member # 35

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 01:49 PM      Profile for SpaceDog     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You could always just use your own Marowak. Most likely you'll switch your ground type in when the Jolteon uses agility. When Jolty baton passes to Marowak, use Screech. Then Earthquake it for an easy kill. Even if screech fails, you can always use counter.

And if you have a Rhydon, you can Roar it away when the Jolteon Baton Passes, or use counter again(Rhydon can survive a Wak Earthquake).

------------------

Tux The Linux Penguin
Farting Nudist
Member # 1846

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 09:23 PM      Profile for Tux The Linux Penguin     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why not just use a Psych Upping Miltank? It's one of the few Pokemon that "NickWak" can't KO in one hit.

Marowak Used Swords Dance
Miltank Used Psych Up
Marowak Used Earthquake
Miltank Used Return

I believe one swords danced return from Miltank would KO Marowak. And since psych up would copy the agility bonus too, would Miltank use return before Marowak would use Earthquake?

------------------

From: Walla Walla, WA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bartlebee
Farting Nudist
Member # 1778

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2001 10:41 PM      Profile for Bartlebee   Email Bartlebee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope, a Swords-Danced Return at max damage from a level one hundred Miltank will not K.O. a Marowak. Two will do it, but a Marowak could K.O. a Miltank with an Earthquake

------------------
Or if you're feeling evil use some good g/s tradebacks such as starmie with t.wave - Mewmwan's advice for beating Mewtwo

From: Your mom's ass | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 01:47 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, listen to me. I use this combo. I invented the damn Jolteon that BPed it, and if you don't beleive, look at the old posts. No Marowak is going to survive your Earthquake. You're only not OHKOing 22 Pokemon, and out of those 22, Skarmory is the only Pokemon that survives for over 2 turns, every damn time. It can be hit by a CH and just survive. Marowak will not survive definetely, so the idea of counter is bad. Rhydon can't survive, Rhydon's overkilled, as it's weak to Earthquake.

The list of 22 was created my me also. When I worked it out, I included Pokemon that would sometimes be surviving by 1HP, approximately 2.6% of the time. Just becuase something is on that list doesn't mean it can effectively counter NickWak. Mmmkay? Just accept Skarmory as an answer and be on your merry way to beating newbies who blindly adopt this.

------------------
"no! i'm the diet coke of evil! only one calorie! NOT ENOUGH!
*melts into evil-envious puddle*" - spunman

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Biffster
Farting Nudist
Member # 269

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 02:39 AM      Profile for Biffster     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Start a Porygon2 with Double-Edge, Ice Beam, Thunderwave, and Recover @ MiracleBerry. Double-Edge takes Jolt down quick. Predict the BP with an Ice Beam. I've never had trouble with JoltWak.

------------------
I guess it's hard for some people, who are so used to things the way they are, even if they are bad, to change, and they kinda give up. And when they do, everybody kinda... kinda lose.

From: Viridian City (On the road at least) | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2001 04:57 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yet another reason as how Skarmory has crappy stats, yet somehow completely 0wnz.

[This message has been edited by Mr.E (edited 07-16-2001).]

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.