The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Please rate my new team!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Please rate my new team!
PikaBlade
I AM A GIRL
Member # 1039

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2001 03:09 PM      Profile for PikaBlade   Author's Homepage   Email PikaBlade   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Warriors of Destruction v1.0

Lightning Rod/Quagsire M
@Leftovers/Miracleberry (?)
-Surf
-Mist
-Earthquake
-Amnesia
I'm using him as my starter instead of any of the "Pympeons". Starter Jolt is screwed against it, Mist guards against starting Espeons and other stat changers that may pop up later in the battle. Not the best Pokemon, but not bad.

Kami Kawaii/Jumpluff M
@Miracleberry/Brightpowder
-Double Team
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain
-Stun Spore/Sleep Powder
Annoyance 'pluff. I can't decide between Sleep Powder and Stun Spore, but because of sleep clause and all, I may keep Stun Spore. Too bad it can't learn Roar, if it did, that would be perfect.

Liquid Lightning/Jolteon F
@Leftovers
-Thunderwave
-Thunderbolt
-Attract
-Substitute
Standard.

Psychic Blast/Mew
@Mint Berry/Miracleberry
-Psychic
-Thunderwave
-Horn Drill/Double Team
-Rest/Softboiled
Eeeee, an uber legendary, and an OHKO one at that. I'm thinking of getting rid of Horn Drill for DT and making him more of an annoyance pokemon. If I do that, I'll use Rest; if not, Softboiled. What do you guys think?

Darkness of Light/Umbreon F
@Mint Berry/Miracleberry
-Rest/Moonlight
-Charm/Attract
-Screech
-Shadow Ball/Double-Edge
Screws Curselax and other cursing pokemon. I think Double-Edge would be better over Shadow Ball ('Lax and Miltank!). But, I don't think it can get Double-Edge and Charm...So I'd end up with Attract over Charm...

Ice Fire/Ho-oh
@Miracleberry
-Sacred Fire
-Ancientpower
-Earthquake
-Protect/Recover
Bleh, another uber legendary. Standard, but it works. I may replace it with...

Ice Fire/Flareon F
@Miracleberry
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Endure/Attract
-Flail/Reflect
May replace Ice Fire with her. I love Flareon. If I don't use Flaileon (Endure/Flail), Attract/Reflect will work fine. Which do you guys like, Ho-oh or Flareon?

Please rate, thanx!

------------------
~*Your Evil Master, Pikablade*~
<TroutKK> no! grab me! don't kill me!
<TroutKK> come on, baby, ya know ya want to
<TroutKK> waitaminute...
<TroutKK> scratch that

[This message has been edited by PikaBlade (edited 07-13-2001).]

gruco
I am Ian Garvey's lovechild.
Member # 1645

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2001 03:49 PM      Profile for gruco        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PikaBlade:
Lightning Rod/Quagsire M
@Leftovers/Miracleberry (?)
-Surf
-Mist
-Earthquake
-Amnesia

Mist and Amnesia....interesting.....

Honestly, I don't think Amnesia is worth it if you're trying to protect against the grass weakness. You'll probably be better off with either Safeguard or Haze. Also, I think Ice Beam or AP would be a better idea than Surf, so that you have something SE against flying.

quote:
Kami Kawaii/Jumpluff M
@Miracleberry/Brightpowder
-Double Team
-Leech Seed
-Giga Drain
-Stun Spore/Sleep Powder

DT Jumpluff....way too fragile for this IMO. Esspecially with almost no offense at all when DTed up. Jumpluff can do quite a bit. Encore is fun to switch in against a Quake, for example. I've used a Sleep/Stun/Attract/Leech Seed set that parattracts everything until the Heal Beller comes out, and then puts her to sleep. Works very nice when pulled off properly. Anyways, I dunno what 'pluff set to use, but I just can't recommend that one.

quote:
Liquid Lightning/Jolteon F
@Leftovers
-Thunderwave
-Thunderbolt
-Attract
-Substitute

Well, it's very popular and it does work great(provided your opponent is not packing a 'wak)

quote:
Psychic Blast/Mew
@Mint Berry/Miracleberry
-Psychic
-Thunderwave
-Horn Drill/Double Team
-Rest/Softboiled

*nods* Good. It's fun to use Explosion over Psychic(just in case), but this should work very well.

quote:
Darkness of Light/Umbreon F
@Mint Berry/Miracleberry
-Rest/Moonlight
-Charm/Attract
-Screech
-Shadow Ball/Double-Edge

Yes. Stat screwing Umbys are much better than that Toxic Look garbage IMO. I recommend Charm/Screech/Rest/Return, which could work out to be a pretty decent 'lax counter.

quote:
Ice Fire/Ho-oh
@Miracleberry
-Sacred Fire
-Ancientpower
-Earthquake
-Protect/Recover

....Protect? Over Recover? (doesn't see where you're going with that).

At any rate, Flamethrower is probably a better idea than Sacred Fire, since you don't want to screw over Jumpluff by burning something that you'll want to put to sleep later.

quote:
Ice Fire/Flareon F
@Miracleberry
-Shadow Ball
-Flamethrower/Fire Blast
-Endure/Attract
-Flail/Reflect

Flareon doesn't have the speed to Endure IMO. Go with the other set.

[This message has been edited by gruco (edited 07-13-2001).]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.