The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Finally! My First gsbot Team! Please Rate!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Finally! My First gsbot Team! Please Rate!
DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 07-06-2001 02:12 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Until now most of my teams have been pure theory and products of battling in stadium. I thought up most of this team in about 5 minutes while taking a dump and then ironed it out with The True Haunter. Feeling happy with it, I decided to finally try gsbot, and did much better than I thought I would. Please rate this because I've bothered to test it and it DOES work, even though it doesn't have Snorlax or Machamp. So far it's gone undefeated and i don't think i've ever had more than 2 or 3 pokemon dead, one usually being an exploded Forretress.

Espeon (Oracle)
-Psychic
-Zap Cannon
-Substitute
-Morning Sun
~Leftovers

I just love this thing. It's a great starter and usually ends up doubling as a sweeper. Substitute gets a surprising amount of use and a sub can survive 2 Surfs from Starmie. Zap Cannon looks stupid but you have to use it yourself to see how useful it is, especially against Forretress, Skarmory, and Starmie.

Forretress (Bombshell)
-Double-Edge
-Spikes
-Reflect
-Explosion
~Polkadot Bow

This thing comes in as soon as possible to lay some Spikes. It usually gets in 2 or 3 Reflects a game before it's ready to explode and has much more longevity than you'd expect. Just avoid fire, electric, and water attacks.

Tyranitar (Destructo)
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Roar
-Rest
~Mint Berry

I realized that with Tyranitar's defensive stats restberry was a must. Fire Blast and Earthquake are overrated on him. I tried Screech but it wasn't very useful. Roar seems to be perfect for him, especially on a Spikes team. It's great for countering any Snorlax's without Earthquake and can Roar away a Machamp as it switches in if you can predict it. The Machamp and the new poke will both take Spikes damage.

Dragonite (Kiwikan)
-Wing Attack
-Ice Beam
-Thunder Wave
-Haze
~Leftovers

For so long I went without a hazer. However, Dragonite's good with it and I like using him anyway. While not as good at dealing damage as you'd expect, he's a great support poke with good all-around stats and good attacks.

Misdreavus (Misfortune)
-Mean Look
-Perish Song
-Protect
-Pain Split
~Leftovers

A fine Snorlax and Machamp counter. I usually don't even have to use Mean Look until the last minute because they're too busy trying to kill her. If they do switch early they get hit by the Spikes and they've still done hardly anything to her except maybe let her regain health from the Leftovers.

Miltank
-Frustration
-Psych Up
-Heal Bell
-Milk Drink
~Leftovers

Boring old Psych Up Miltank. It works well with Tyranitar, and it's sp. defense isn't that bad with such high HP.

Thazzabout it. Please rate! *Hopes this post doesn't disappear within two days*

------------------
Please visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/dragonitej/main.html
team is aswam granbul,donphan,togipe&farlagater all lv:100" - newbie

The Mad DoctorX
Farting Nudist
Member # 1223

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2001 11:26 AM      Profile for The Mad DoctorX   Email The Mad DoctorX   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DragoniteJ:
Until now most of my teams have been pure theory and products of battling in stadium. I thought up most of this team in about 5 minutes while taking a dump and then ironed it out with The True Haunter. Feeling happy with it, I decided to finally try gsbot, and did much better than I thought I would. Please rate this because I've bothered to test it and it DOES work, even though it doesn't have Snorlax or Machamp. So far it's gone undefeated and i don't think i've ever had more than 2 or 3 pokemon dead, one usually being an exploded Forretress.

Espeon (Oracle)
-Psychic
-Zap Cannon
-Substitute
-Morning Sun
~Leftovers

Well Espy... Works, but if you paralyzed there goes Espy's speed and there goes the substitute thing. I don't think reducing Espeons HP a good idea cause it's abused by physical attacks and deosn't have much staying power.

Forretress (Bombshell)
-Double-Edge
-Spikes
-Reflect
-Explosion
~Polkadot Bow

Works, but spikes itself isn't that effective, maybe Sandstorm. Just fine if ya ask me. "Just avoid fire, electric, and water attacks."-Well everyone now has either a water, electric, or water attack due to those Scizors, and steel types so it's pretty hard to avoid them.

Tyranitar (Destructo)
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Roar
-Rest
~Mint Berry

Actually Screech does work well, you switch in to a Kazam, they switch out and you get a free Screech, and you either pound them with Rockslide or get another free hurt. Not so sure about making it a psuedohazer, Suicune's the best for that.

Dragonite (Kiwikan)
-Wing Attack
-Ice Beam
-Thunder Wave
-Haze
~Leftovers

Sure standard works to.

Misdreavus (Misfortune)
-Mean Look
-Perish Song
-Protect
-Pain Split
~Leftovers

Not ML till the last min... What if the oponenet switches before like on the second perish count, and mean looks you in? Might wanna have Destiny Bond over PS, works better cause of missy's horrible staying power....

Miltank
-Frustration
-Psych Up
-Heal Bell
-Milk Drink
~Leftovers

Good ol Miltank

Good overall, not 3x weaknesses, test it out more, I would like to battle you sometime..What name do you go bye?

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-07-2001 03:20 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll rate

Espeon: As long as you're using zap cannon just for paralysis, it should be ok, since it's the best he can get.

Forretress: Good. Get spikes down as early as you can.

Tyranitar: Screech and earthquake are both very useful IMO, but this will work best for this team.

Dragonite: A favorite of mine. standard.

Missy: Good. I like pain split on it too. You might want confuse ray over protect, but it's up to you.

Miltank: psych up standard

Overall: good team. maybe more things to force a switch, but you should do well with this.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.