The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Laugh at this retarded team

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Laugh at this retarded team
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-02-2001 08:19 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Long time reader, first time poster. This team was made around January, laugh all you want.

Electabuzz @brightpowder
t-bolt
ice punch
psychic
t-wave/reflect

Misdreavus @spell tag
shadow ball
mean look
confuse ray
toxic
Umbreon could do better, but it's probably nice to see something besides the perish-trapper

Umbreon @leftovers
swagger
moonlight
shadow ball
psychic

Poliwrath @leftovers
surf
submission
ice beam
earthquake

Ho-oh @miracle seed
earthquake
sacred fire
giga drain
recover

steelix @leftovers
earthquake
rock slide
iron tail
roar

a rate would be nice though, instead of all of you falling off your chairs laughing(I know it sucks)

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 07-02-2001 08:41 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, that team isn't so bad, it COULD be fixed a lot though....by the way, I use the exact same Snorlax from your sig. in my team...

------------------

From: St. Paul, MN,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 12:32 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You said it could be changed, so how? BTW the idea is originality. JoHtO TrAiNeR, I,ve seen most of your teams and none of them use the set. Nice to see it put to good use though.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

Bob_Utsugi
Farting Nudist
Member # 1605

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 04:56 PM      Profile for Bob_Utsugi   Email Bob_Utsugi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Can I rate?

Electabuzz.. Try T-Bolt, T-Wave, Ice Punch and Reflet. May work.

Misdreavus.. I don't know any Misdreavus-set.. sorry..

Umbreon.. you wish use Mean Look, Confuse Ray, Rest, Snore @Leftovers

Hmm.. OHKO-set on Poliwrath.. I mean Fissure, Mind Reader, Whirlpool, Ice Beam..

Hmm, Ho-oh.. @Miracle Seed.. moveset:
Solarbeam, Fire Blast, Sunny Day, Recover.

Steelix? Wha..? Earthquake, Rock Slide, Curse, Explosion @Pink Bow may does great work.

------------------
I can make my team even better..

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 07:08 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is basically v1.0 here. I didn't change anything since January, before I'd ever heard of Azure. Now I'd recommend most of the things you said(exception poliwrath and Ho-oh for role in team). It is a newbie team, I know.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

Preacher
Farting Nudist
Member # 1600

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 03:12 PM      Profile for Preacher   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, whle you say the idea of the team is originality and all that, it seems, for instance your ho-oh while you turned down bobs suggestion, as its the standard, your current set is the 'standard' just with weaker versions of the standards moves. Giga drain/solar beam. With SD thats a 120 base power moves versus giga drain (whatever that is, but i know its not 120) it covers all the bases that EQ does, rock/ground/water. keep sacredfire, the debates about that versus FB have been done to death, choose whichever you prefer, SD and recover making up the last two moves...simple....really

------------------
. I've been here a lot longer than a month. I had read before I registered so don't think I just started coming in February. Jerk.

Linkin2874 on discovering the maturbatory goodness of Azure Heights

Dredite
Farting Nudist
Member # 33

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 05:04 PM      Profile for Dredite   Email Dredite   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ThumbsOfSteel:
Long time reader, first time poster. This team was made around January, laugh all you want.

Electabuzz @brightpowder
t-bolt
ice punch
psychic
Reflect

I would use Reflect here, for a couple of reasons. First off, MOST of your team is low in the physical defense area, and since I imagine he's your starter, and everyone has a habit of using Miracle Berry (IIRC, I get Miracle and Mystery mixed up without my cart =( ), it would cover a weakness without wasting the move not paralizing the opponent.
(I can't condone changing moves because of popularity... unless it helps your team more anyhow...)

Misdreavus @spell tag
shadow ball
mean look
confuse ray
toxic
Umbreon could do better, but it's probably nice to see something besides the perish-trapper

It is. I don't really think it can last long enough to do that, though... Umbreon DOES have the staying power it lacks.

However, my moveset for it was just as bad or worse. *grins* I haven't gotten around to training another. Since I don't have Sta2 yet. >

Umbreon @leftovers
swagger
moonlight
shadow ball
psychic

Hrrrrm... a tad aggressive. I suppose if it works for you...

I often wonder if anyone considers Dark Power on Umbreon to get a DECENT STAB move on him. Then again, all the Umbreons here are cursed with the Curse moveset... oh well.

Poliwrath @leftovers
surf
submission
ice beam
earthquake[B/]

Erg, no comment... I can't think of many good things to say about Wrath besides OHKO movesets, and he's awfully slow with tons of common weaknesses to be pulling that.

[B]Ho-oh @miracle seed
earthquake
sacred fire
giga drain
recover

As someone said before, Sunny Day/Solarbeam would probably work better on Houou (Goddamn Ho-oh, makes him seem like the Hostess Pokemon #2). You didn't like the idea... most likely because you plan on using Earthquake on Electric types. However, the vast majority of the electric type moves aren't on electrics as far as I can tell, except for Jolteon, who is faster than you, and Zapdos, who laughs at Earthquake.

I can't help but suggest Sunny Day/Solarbeam over Earthquake/Giga Drain.

steelix @leftovers
earthquake
rock slide
iron tail
roar

Weee, I love Steelix. He's fairly bad, but I like him anyhow! =D I don't see the point to having both Iron Tail and Rock Slide, as they're both inaccurate, and Iron Tail isn't that useful in the long run. (Steel was never my favorite attack type...). Consider ditching that for some defensive support? His special defense is bad. Or, if you decide to not use Sunny Day, you could use Sandstorm to play jokes on those who rely heavily on weather.

a rate would be nice though, instead of all of you falling off your chairs laughing(I know it sucks)

*laughs* Ouch! No, seriously, it could use some work, but it's not as bad as some I've seen. And it doesn't fall prey to the Petty Moveset Copying And Move Overuse that I see all the time.

Ah, besides. I only really get to play in tourneys down here in Brazil... my skills aren't up to "internet par". But I don't really think that PBS or GSBOT really reflect what people have or train. =P Unless everyone likes sharking and monotony...
------------------
Dreadite

[This message has been edited by Dredite (edited 07-04-2001).]

From: Santa Cruz, CA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-05-2001 07:12 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks

the only reason fot T-wave on Buzz is that I have no other Paralyzers.

You're probably right about Missy. When I made the team, I was thinking about spite over shadow ball.

Umbreon's SA isn't great, but I suppose with stab and no curse, Darkpower would be better.

I'm betting you're right about Poliwrath.

I'm trying to use Ho-oh's attack some. I considered Sunny day/solarbeam, but wanted a strong attack move. I'm thinking about Ancientpower over earthquake since a boost would make this thing a tank.

Good idea for sandstorm.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

Nirvana
Farting Nudist
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
posted 07-05-2001 03:28 PM      Profile for Nirvana     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Umm....

1. Pack the "Bumps"

2. Any need to of posted 3+ teams already?

------------------
-rVn@
-IM: TitanicAqua

From: United Kingdom. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-05-2001 04:17 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Reasons for 3 teams: This one started as kind of a joke. This is also the only one with a rate yet, and the Double Rest team is going to be so hated by everyone that is may not get any rates, so I figured I'd post a good team. Neither have gotten any rates. But yeah, I'll probably avoid that later on.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.