The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » My craptacular Espeon

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My craptacular Espeon
Jaybee
Farting Nudist
Member # 1781

posted 07-02-2001 02:01 AM      Profile for Jaybee   Email Jaybee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Espeon @ Whatever
Psych Up
Charm
Psychic
Rest/Morning Sun

I'm going to use it mainly as a counter for anything that curses. Come in, Psych Up, Charm away, and hopefully force a switch. Decent Special defense and the bonus defense provided by the curses should allow it to survive a rest, but that allows anything to come in and roar it away. It has nothign against Skarmory, but hell, if Skarmory comes out than Espy has done its job.

Any comments?

Also, apologies if someone has already said something about this.

------------------
<S-Caliber> SPAM = shitty penis ass man

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-02-2001 03:13 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wouldn't Psych Upping a curser work better on something that could use the attack bonus?

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
KINGDOM
Farting Nudist
Member # 1685

Rate Member
posted 07-02-2001 11:41 AM      Profile for KINGDOM   Author's Homepage   Email KINGDOM   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
and Espeon has that craptacular defense too...Psyching Up (to survive an attack...) and then Charming (discouraging their pokemon into staying)... very interesting.

------------------
Uhm...Help, guys? :D

From: 4821 Cable Drive | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jaybee
Farting Nudist
Member # 1781

posted 07-03-2001 02:16 AM      Profile for Jaybee   Email Jaybee   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Random Loser:
Wouldn't Psych Upping a curser work better on something that could use the attack bonus?

Thats not really the point. The point of it is to induce a switch. And even if it doesn't, Espeons meagre attack wouldn't really hurt anything that is cursed up enough to warrant putting something like return on him.

------------------
<S-Caliber> SPAM = shitty penis ass man

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 03:25 AM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But if (as I think u're saying) the only point is to force them to switch, w/o doing any actual harm, wouldn't just a plain shuffler (such as skar) do that? It's not that it won't work.. but that I don't c it having a huge effect on the battle.. though maybe I'm not seeing something/am just close-minded.

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 07:03 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The set wouldn't work for Espeon with it's low attack and defense, but why not Umbreon with double-edge or body slam over psychic. If you use Umbreon, try to fit roar on it too.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 05:11 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, delete Espeon from that equation and use an Umbreon with Double Edge instead. Nice!

------------------
"Ouch! Ouch! Now that's what I call good seamanship!"~Captain on Shining Force 2

syran765: *Automaton sent out Demon-Bitch*
syran765: *Sabregirl's Umbreon was paralysed with fear*
~SabreGirl on AIM

EeveeTrainer
Farting Nudist
Member # 62

posted 07-05-2001 09:18 AM      Profile for EeveeTrainer   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
If only it could get roar...*sigh*

~ET

------------------
"What emu are you using?"
-Windex

From: New Hope, Pennsylvania | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.