The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Everybody for themselves v1.0

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Everybody for themselves v1.0
Justin8649
Farting Nudist
Member # 1789

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 02:09 PM      Profile for Justin8649   Email Justin8649   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Everybody For Themselves v1.0
=============================
Alakazam ~~Miracleberry~~
Barrier
Fire Punch
Psychic
Recover
Barrier for Defense. Fire Punch for Scizor's and Forretress's. Psychic for STAB. Recover to get life back
Gengar ~~Miracleberry~~
Thunderbolt
Ice Punch
Psychic
Destiny Bond
This guy is used to kill about ALL the types of flying pokemon there are. Psychic is there to take care of those EQing Champs. And Destiny Bond is just cool! ^_^
Snorlax ~~Scope Lens~~
Curse
Double-Edge
Earthquake
Selfdestruct
One person got mad at me when I used this and said I was a newbie for Selfdestructing. Oh well, this moveset is -AWESOME-
Gligar ~~Miracleberry~~
Wing Attack
Earthquake
Counter
Rest
I didn't want my -WHOLE- team to be cheap, so I put this guy in. 2 STAB moves, Counter for the Curses, and Physical Attackers like Marowak.
Machamp ~~Leftovers~~
Protect
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Cross Chop
I get a free turn of Leftovers with Protect every other move. EQ and RS is effective against every type I think. CC for STAB.
Lapras ~~Leftovers~~
Ice Beam
Surf
Thunderbolt
Body Slam
IBeam and Surf for STAB. TBolt for other Waters. Body Slam for Paralyzation.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Justin8649 (edited 06-30-2001).]

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 02:40 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Sup Justin. The team looks pretty good, if a little on the standardy side.

------------------
"Felix the Cat.... Is the lame..."*snicker*

syran765: *Automaton sent out Demon-Bitch*
syran765: *Sabregirl's Umbreon was paralysed with fear*
~SabreGirl on AIM

Justin8649
Farting Nudist
Member # 1789

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 02:41 PM      Profile for Justin8649   Email Justin8649   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
~_~ Yeah hey Phildo, I might be done with GameFAQ's now. That place is (insert some stuff here)

------------------

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 02:46 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Random stuff indeed.
LavosPhoenix
Farting Nudist
Member # 1865

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 03:26 PM      Profile for LavosPhoenix   Email LavosPhoenix   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe you mean that GameFAQs "blows".

------------------
*Hugs his Shiny Nuke*
*Licks his Stick 'O Molasses!*

From: Collinsville, Illinois (Just east of St. Louis) | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 03:36 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So now we have LP, Justin, and Nitro here recently. I wonder who's next?

------------------

~SabreGirl on AIM

Justin8649
Farting Nudist
Member # 1789

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 04:14 PM      Profile for Justin8649   Email Justin8649   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want a rate....

------------------
w00t! AHAHA!

RSS WILL WIN SNEAK3!!!!

Nitro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 08:13 PM      Profile for Nitro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alakazam: Yeah, the defense blows, but I still say you should go twave/counter instead of barrier.

Gengar: Beautiful.

Snorlax: Well, if you want to be off-standard, then fine. Don't expect me to suggest using the standard curselax. *shudder*

Gligar: Fine.

Machamp: Yes, I think that would work pretty well. The last move is pretty much a filler, and with leftovers, protect is a fine choice.

Lapras: Body slam is fairly weak, and the paralysis might not come in that handy if they have a miracleberry or somthing, which would be a waste of time. He doesn't rest as well with the special defense down in g/s, so I'd go confuse ray over body slam.

------------------

Justin8649
Farting Nudist
Member # 1789

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 08:20 PM      Profile for Justin8649   Email Justin8649   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Nitro:
Lapras: Body slam is fairly weak, and the paralysis might not come in that handy if they have a miracleberry or somthing, which would be a waste of time. He doesn't rest as well with the special defense down in g/s, so I'd go confuse ray over body slam.

I was thinking about ditching Body Slam. It hasn't really helped. I may go with Attract or Confuse Ray.

------------------
w00t! AHAHA!

RSS WILL WIN SNEAK3!!!!

Brayze
Farting Nudist
Member # 1286

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 08:27 PM      Profile for Brayze     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Safeguard!
From: Lunar Palace ver. 3.1 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jared0169
Farting Nudist
Member # 1081

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 09:06 PM      Profile for Jared0169   Email Jared0169   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alakazam
Looks good. I wouldn't go with Counter over Barrier like was suggested, cause Kazam just doesn't have the HP needed for that.

Gengar
I guess it could work. I can't remember wether he could get Ice Beam in RBY, if he could, put Ice Beam over Punch. You probably need a hazer, but I wouldn't know what to put it over, maybe Psychic. Machamp'll probably kill you with one EQ, so you're best bet is probably to DB it so that it'll go down with you.

Snorlax
Looks good. I would go with Leftovers as the item to recover HP lost while Cursing up. though, the added ability of a CH DE would be awesome.

Gligar
Hey, another Gligar fan! I had made one a while ago, but I can't get Stadium to get the EQing one. The moveset that Mu and I came up with was Wing Attack/EQ/Sandstorm/Screech @:whatever. One question though, what level does the EQing Gligar come at. I would like to know for when I get Sta2 soon.

Machamp
Looks ok.

Lapras
I would go with Confuse Ray over Body Slam, since you have the same chance for paralysis with T-bolt

All around, your team looks pretty good. I would recommend really considering changing Psychic on Gengar to Haze though.

------------------
The poster formerly known as Mew72584
Email:jared_van_ausdal@hotmail.com
AIM: Jared0169
"Boy, they were big on crematoriums, weren't they?" -President George H.W. Bush on a tour of Auschwitz in 1987
"Dragonite can be a good Hazer, if he gets BP'd with agility." -Johto Trainer

From: Beavercreek, Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 09:12 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Body Slam paralyzes 20% more often than Thunderbolt.

------------------

~SabreGirl on AIM

Justin8649
Farting Nudist
Member # 1789

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 09:25 PM      Profile for Justin8649   Email Justin8649   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After all the suggestions I have decided to give Lapras Confuse Ray. And keep Alakazam the way it is. And ONE EQ from Machamp does NOT come close to killing Gengar. It leaves about 20%. And Gengar is my second resort. I use Alakazam against Machamp. And YES Alakazam DOES have the HP for Counter. He has Recover ya know...

------------------
w00t! AHAHA!

RSS WILL WIN SNEAK3!!!!

Justin8649
Farting Nudist
Member # 1789

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 09:28 PM      Profile for Justin8649   Email Justin8649   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe I made a mistake. My Alakazam does NOT have Barrier. It has Counter. But it will keep Fire Punch. Because I am lacking Fire Attacks, and it kills those Bug/Steel starters.

------------------
w00t! AHAHA!

RSS WILL WIN SNEAK3!!!!

Nitro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 10:25 PM      Profile for Nitro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm loving fire punch on kazam. Damn those forretress. Let them die--kindly.

------------------

Jared0169
Farting Nudist
Member # 1081

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 11:48 PM      Profile for Jared0169   Email Jared0169   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Automaton:
Body Slam paralyzes 20% more often than Thunderbolt.

It does? Oh. I thought that they were both 10% chance of paralyzing. My bad.

------------------
The poster formerly known as Mew72584
Email:jared_van_ausdal@hotmail.com
AIM: Jared0169
"Boy, they were big on crematoriums, weren't they?" -President George H.W. Bush on a tour of Auschwitz in 1987
"Dragonite can be a good Hazer, if he gets BP'd with agility." -Johto Trainer

From: Beavercreek, Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Bob_Utsugi
Farting Nudist
Member # 1605

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2001 10:03 AM      Profile for Bob_Utsugi   Email Bob_Utsugi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think Reflect is better than Barrier. Or you can use T-Wave.. whatever

------------------
Excellent day.. My friend was defeated!

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2001 02:00 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bob_Utsugi:
I think Reflect is better than Barrier. Or you can use T-Wave.. whatever

Alakazam can't live through a Snorlax's Selfdestruct with Reflect. WRAGH!

------------------

~SabreGirl on AIM

Nitro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
posted 07-01-2001 02:37 PM      Profile for Nitro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, the only reason you'd want reflect would be for pseudo-passing. I think barrier would be a better choice personally, because I just am not a fan of pseudo-passing.

------------------

Egads
Farting Nudist
Member # 1357

Member Rated:
posted 07-02-2001 07:01 AM      Profile for Egads     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
alakazam: Good
gengar: Er....yea
snorlax: if you're not gonna be able to heal with a move, get an healing attachment then...aka leftovers.
gligar: ok
machamp: keep in mind that you might be giving THEM a free leftovers heal every other turn, at least this protects from fly and sky attack...
lapras: if you're going for paralyzation only, then i suggest...yes, zap cannon. 50% is the highest lapras goes to and if you reallly want that par, go for it. everything is good

------------------
Dis Is KrbyRox...ya...

Mu
Farting Nudist
Member # 28

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 06:46 AM      Profile for Mu   Author's Homepage   Email Mu   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jared0169:
[b]Alakazam
Looks good. I wouldn't go with Counter over Barrier like was suggested, cause Kazam just doesn't have the HP needed for that.

I agree, Kazam may have Recover - But after doing so he'll still be taking a pounding, he'll enter what is known as the Recover Circle and never break out.

quote:
Gligar
Hey, another Gligar fan! I had made one a while ago, but I can't get Stadium to get the EQing one. The moveset that Mu and I came up with was Wing Attack/EQ/Sandstorm/Screech @:whatever. One question though, what level does the EQing Gligar come at. I would like to know for when I get Sta2 soon.

I haven't been able to beat Little Cup yet, so I don't definately know, however the Baton Passing Farfetch'd comes at level 5 so I'd assume it comes at the same level.

------------------
+Contact Info for Harrassment+
ICQ - Ghostlight - 86476913
AIM - Corpselight Wisp

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
SDShamshel
Farting Nudist
Member # 791

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 03:58 PM      Profile for SDShamshel   Email SDShamshel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um...Lapras's Special ATTACK went down, not its Special Defense. STARMIE's Special Defense went down.

------------------
"It looks like this is my lucky day. I'll take 'The Rapists' for 200."
"That's 'Therapists,' not 'The Rapists.'"
-(Saturday Night Live Celebrity Jeopardy Skit)

AIM: Nobie20

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 06:41 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alakazam: Standard, I think. Keep it.

Gengar: I like giga drain or confuse ray over ice punch. Also possibly haze. Someone needs it.

Snorlax: I hate curselax. He needs rest IMO, but I like belly drum 'Lax better.

Gligar: Good

Machamp: Works

Lapras: You don't need t-bolt and body slam. Put confuse ray or safeguard over one of them.

Quite a few standards, and no hazer. Standard Champ takes 4, and curselax could be a problem. If Gligar can survive a double-edge from snorlax, it could work, and Gengar can destiny bond, and take out Machamp.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.