The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » What would you use to stop a Snorlax?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What would you use to stop a Snorlax?
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 04:07 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We have to admit, it's tough and strong. Either through Belly Drum or Curses, the question is, HOW do you stop it!?
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 04:12 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Five words:

Machamp.

Cross Chop.

Critical hit.

------------------
"Aww, does the poor widdle Death Stawmie need mommie to kiss away its boo-boo?" - White Cat

"Ugh, that's impossible!" - R-2 Rival, after Belly Drum Lax OHKO'd Mewtwo with Double-Edge

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 04:13 PM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And there is still always Haze

------------------
"There once were two men, who traveled the same path for ten years, but found completely different truths. So I think if I wander for ten years, I'll find my own truth." --Seta Soujirou

The Rookie
Farting Nudist
Member # 1030

Rate Member
posted 06-27-2001 04:44 PM      Profile for The Rookie   Email The Rookie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Naw, haze isn't the answer, since lax can own most hazers without curse anyways.

Machamp, Skarmory, Pysch Up + Roar

------------------

Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 04:59 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For Curselax: Encore curse and kill them
For Belly drum Snorlax: Confuse Ray

[This message has been edited by Cesar (edited 06-27-2001).]

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
NickWhiz1
Farting Nudist
Member # 30

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 06:30 PM      Profile for NickWhiz1   Author's Homepage   Email NickWhiz1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Cesar:
For Curselax: Encore curse and kill them
For Belly drum Snorlax: Confuse Ray

[This message has been edited by Cesar (edited 06-27-2001).]

YES!

ENCORE!

------------------
"Aww, does the poor widdle Death Stawmie need mommie to kiss away its boo-boo?" - White Cat

"Ugh, that's impossible!" - R-2 Rival, after Belly Drum Lax OHKO'd Mewtwo with Double-Edge

From: Toledo, OH, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
GP-Chan
Farting Nudist
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 06:54 PM      Profile for GP-Chan   Email GP-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NickWhiz1:
Five words:

Machamp.

Cross Chop.

Critical hit.

7 Words.

Oh no.

No CH.

Counter.

Bye Machamp.

------------------
~Green_Pikachu

ph33r

DarkLickitung
I AM FRIENDS WITH ZACK_COMRADE IRL
Member # 1672

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 07:04 PM      Profile for DarkLickitung   Email DarkLickitung   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Exploding Magikarps
From: See You Auntie. | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
GP-Chan
Farting Nudist
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 07:10 PM      Profile for GP-Chan   Email GP-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by DarkLickitung:
Exploding Magikarps

Hot damn! Now why didn't I think of that? :\

------------------
~Green_Pikachu

ph33r

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 11:28 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Whirlwinding Skarmory.

Duh.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 11:36 PM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GP-Chan:
7 Words.

Oh no.

No CH.

Counter.

Bye Machamp.

Since when does Cross Chop not CH? ...

------------------
The Sheep suddenly seems more powerful.
The Sheep suddenly seems more powerful.
The Sheep suddenly seems more powerful.....

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 06-27-2001 11:58 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, in regards to that Machamp/Snorlax thing..I haven't seen too many Snorlaxen with Counter. I could be wrong though, maybe I just don't look hard enough for them. Snorlaxen with Curse I usually see with Rest and either Double Edge or Body Slam, and I don't know about the 4th move, perhaps even Self Destruct or Explosion.

------------------
Life through the eyes of a workaholic: I love to write reports. What's a "fraternity"? What do you mean they have "fun"? What is this word "fun"? I write reports, now that's "fun".

Life through the eyes of a slacker: What's this piece of paper doing on my door? What does "eviction" mean? Oh well, at least I don't have to clean my apartment out after parties anymore.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 01:37 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone for the advice. I have this image in my head now of throwing Magikarps and they explode once thrown (like grenades maybe). Thanks again.

-MK

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 05:06 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Charmeleon42:
Since when does Cross Chop not CH? ...

Cross Chop has a 25% rate of getting a Critical. (+2 to the CH equation) I know it seems like more, but if you use it a lot, you'll come to realize that for the entire 8pp that Cross Chop has, it will CH usually twice. However, on GSbot, Cross Chop and anything else that either has a high natural CH rate or modifies it, (Stick, Lucky Punch, Scope Lens) seems a little on the buggy side. You'll either go for eight consecutive turns without a CH, or, more commonly, you'll have strings of like five CHs in a row...

------------------
"Felix the Cat.... Is the lame..."*snicker*

"Mint has that quiet elegance, but I bet Arche fucks like a tiger."~Klarth, Tales of Phantasia

Nitro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 09:13 AM      Profile for Nitro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But then of course(not counting scope lens or focus energy), there is the 20% chance of cross chop missing, compared to the 25% chance of cross chop critical hitting. So you see, the actual odds of landing a critical hit cross chop are 20%. .8 x .25 = .20. .8 being the 80% accuracy of cross chop and .25 being the 25% chance of landing a CH. But, there's always scope lens and focus energy to throw in, so it really doesn't mean much.

I use misdreavus. Missy can survive a 2-cursed EQ from lax, which is enough time to set up mean look, perish song, protect, then destiny bond/protect again. Works quite effectively.

------------------

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 11:53 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, thanks for stating the obvious.
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 12:12 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Psyche Up seems like the best option to me, then again, I'm not exactly in with the latest GSbot skillz.

Then again, look at the alternatives. Haze reached its use-by date months ago, Skarm is useless outside of the curse-heavy GSbot environment (and before anyone says anything, the Clockwork Avian is a personal fave of mine. I'd take it if it wouldn't die outside of GSbot), and Machamp is far too standard to be of any use at all, at least from my point of view. Hey, IMHO the element of suprise alone wins matches.

Can Aero learn Whirlwind? I'd use it if it could, it's a lot more useful on the battlefield than Skarm considering that it's fast and hard-hitting as opposed to slow and weak.

------------------
t-gk: NvêVasTrR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D !iv n GdDsh?
@iM: CatGonk | !r: Tourmaline | I<Q: 83851495
tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(: --[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

":\ and ur supposed to be the mod around here?"
- Rune666, TPMer.

"Cat-Gonk is your god."
- NickWhiz1

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Dragonite21
Farting Nudist
Member # 475

posted 06-28-2001 12:17 PM      Profile for Dragonite21     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aero can get Whirlwind.

I don't see the problem with Haze, it doesn't just cover Curse, it removes every other stat changer in play. Which is useful.
I, personally use a Mew with Whirlwind and Softboiled to counter 'lax. It stalls it long enough to power up my own Belly Drum 'lax, which can easily enough go through the opponent's while they have no status modifiers.

------------------
HELLO? I AM PIG FARMER FROM MALAYSIA!

[This message has been edited by Dragonite21 (edited 06-28-2001).]

From: London, United Kingdom | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
GP-Chan
Farting Nudist
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 12:52 PM      Profile for GP-Chan   Email GP-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk:
Can Aero learn Whirlwind? I'd use it if it could, it's a lot more useful on the battlefield than Skarm considering that it's fast and hard-hitting as opposed to slow and weak.

Um...no. Aero is complete and utter shit compared to Skarmory. Aero would get completely owned by a Snorlax, unlike Skarmory, who would completely OWN a Lax. Skarmory is far from weak, as it is one of THE hardest pokemon to take down in a battle environment, second only to Suicune, the almighty pymp. Skarmory has massive defense, which makes him the best Swagger-er in the game. It can take any physical attack, and shrug it right off. Did you know that a Belly Drummed Lax's D-E only takes Skarm down just above half left? I'd say that's quite fucking amazing. Skarm's defense also allows it to Whirlwind amazingly. Throw on a decent STAB-ed D-Peck, and Protect along with Leftovers, you have one defensive machine. Aero is the poor man's Skarmory. Sure, it has great speed, but what is that compared to its shit defensive capibilities? And it has shitty move capibility and usage as well. What are you gonna use on it? Whirlwind? With that defense? A non-STABed Quake? Oh, no...not AncientPower. :\ Bottom line is, Skarmory outclasses Aero either way you look at it. End of story.

------------------
~Green_Pikachu

ph33r

OrientalNoodle
Farting Nudist
Member # 616

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 02:29 PM      Profile for OrientalNoodle   Author's Homepage   Email OrientalNoodle   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Well, let's see. Aero IS fast, and can pull Whirlwind faster than Skarm. The shitty thing in that is, Whirlwind goes always last, as you know... And Aero's Defense isn't that huge. So it dies. Skarmory has the staying power to Whirlwind, Aero doesn't.

quote:

Skarmory is far from weak, as it is one of THE hardest pokemon to take down in a battle environment,

I think he meant "weak" on the Attack side, not on the Defense side...

Skarmory is ber-cool looking. Go Skarmory!

------------------
Aipom - better than yo mama!

From: Hanko, -, Finland | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 08:29 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of course, like skarmory aero would still have the benefit of an advantage vs. just about every move ever seen on a gs 'lax.. so don't bash it quite so heavily. Skar does probably do a better job though.

------------------
"how can u tell a shiny pokemon from a normal pokemon?"
-Team_Rockets_Arcanine @ The Pokegym

From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
GP-Chan
Farting Nudist
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 09:59 PM      Profile for GP-Chan   Email GP-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Random Loser:
Of course, like skarmory aero would still have the benefit of an advantage vs. just about every move ever seen on a gs 'lax.. so don't bash it quite so heavily. Skar does probably do a better job though.

Well, I didn't use a damage calculator for this, but I am just estimating.

Average Damage from a Lax D-E(no stat boosters)

Aero: 30-40%
Skarmory: 10-20%

It's just an estimate. I'm not saying that I'm right. But, by my battling experience, and having used both pokemon, I can make this estimation, and I call also tell you that Skarmory completely outclasses Aero.

------------------
~Green_Pikachu

ph33r

Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 10:17 PM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GP-Chan:
Skarmory outclasses Aero either way you look at it. End of story.

You've missed the point. I never said that Skarm wasn't able to take out Curse users (infact, I brought it up), just that it was complete and utter shite for anything else.

Aero has 308 Attack and 358 Speed. That alone is enough for me to consider it as viable (Fast Attack OWNS), whereas all Skarm has going for it is a high Defense level. Good for curse users, but considering that both of them die to basically anything with a decent Special level (and don't try and bring up the fact that Skarm is Steel because it's still susceptible to all the common types), I'd rather get the hit in first.

What am I going to use on Aero? Considering that its Ancientpower has some decent damage potential when it's backed by a massive Attack level and STAB, I'd be bringing that. Wing Attack isn't bad either. Skarm has a decent movelist? Please, Fearow can have Whirlwind and Drill Peck as well.

If there was some way to use it effectively, I would. All it takes to get rid of the thing is a simple shift in metagame, that's all.

------------------
t-gk: NvêVasTrR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D !iv n GdDsh?
@iM: CatGonk | !r: Tourmaline | I<Q: 83851495
tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(: --[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

":\ and ur supposed to be the mod around here?"
- Rune666, TPMer.

"Cat-Gonk is your god."
- NickWhiz1

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 12:02 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I realize that I probably voice the minority here, but If skarmory wasn't such a good Snorlax counter, I wouldn't feel the need to have Fire Blast on my Snorlax. And regardless of how badass people make Skarm out to be, it still dies to quite a lot of special attacks.

------------------

syran765: *Automaton sent out Demon-Bitch*
syran765: *Sabregirl's Umbreon was paralysed with fear*
~SabreGirl on AIM

Jared0169
Farting Nudist
Member # 1081

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 07:52 PM      Profile for Jared0169   Email Jared0169   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On another note... What would be a good Aerodactyl moveset? I was thinking Wing Attack/Ancient Power/Whirlwind/Earthquake(Fire Blast) @:Leftovers/Bright Powder/Sharp Beak??

I was thinking Fire Blast, because IIRC this may be able to do major damage to Skarmory before he can return it. But, Earthquake may help to take out the stray Jolteon or other things weak to ground. Ancient Power for possible stat boost, also because of the fact that he can't get Rock Slide, cause I'd rather have that and attach king's rock for flinching.

------------------
The poster formerly known as Mew72584
Email:jared_van_ausdal@hotmail.com
AIM: Jared0169
"Boy, they were big on crematoriums, weren't they?" -President George H.W. Bush on a tour of Auschwitz in 1987
"Dragonite can be a good Hazer, if he gets BP'd with agility." -Johto Trainer

From: Beavercreek, Ohio, USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Skarmory
Farting Nudist
Member # 1850

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 08:10 PM      Profile for Skarmory   Email Skarmory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why can't it get Rock Slide?

------------------
Stat upping works!

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-29-2001 09:39 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Skarmory:
Why can't it get Rock Slide?

Because I guess Gamefreak thought it would be unbalancing for a 358 speed rock type with STAB and 308 attack to be flinching things left and right with a 112 base move.

------------------

~SabreGirl on AIM

LanderZRPG
Got a whale of a tale to tell ya, lads!
Member # 1615

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 12:23 AM      Profile for LanderZRPG   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bah; You're all missing the obvious 'Lax counters!!

Explosion! Lax's lowest stat IS his Defence (Strange, for all that bulk)

If I see a Curselax, I'll either send in my Skarmory to W-Wind away, or Exeggutor to Explode(1HitKO, with or without Pink Bow). If all else fails, my Forretress can also Explode.

------------------
Lone Wolf
The last remaining Kai Master.

(Email me at Lander_Z@Hotmail.com)

From: High Prairie, AB, Canada | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jared0169
Farting Nudist
Member # 1081

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 07:29 AM      Profile for Jared0169   Email Jared0169   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But Lander, if Lax Curses up then his defense will be sky high too, so Lax would be able to shrug it off. Also with that HP and Egg's mediocre attack, Lax would shrug it off anyways.

------------------
"Boy, they were big on crematoriums, weren't they?" -President George H.W. Bush on a tour of Auschwitz in 1987

Nitro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 10:28 AM      Profile for Nitro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Automaton:
Um, thanks for stating the obvious.

You're very welcome. Just catchin' what you missed.

------------------

The Great VIVI
Farting Nudist
Member # 1293

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 10:45 AM      Profile for The Great VIVI   Email The Great VIVI   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kangaskhan 0wnz Snorlax. When you see a lax switch to your kanga. You both curse 6 times, then roar him away >=D

------------------

Tenshi no Myu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1120

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 06:55 PM      Profile for Tenshi no Myu   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What about an Endure/Reversal Heracross...?
For a Belly Drum Lax, I mean.

*retreats back into lurkdom*

[This message has been edited by Tenshi no Myu (edited 06-30-2001).]

From: Seattle Below | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Brayze
Farting Nudist
Member # 1286

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 07:34 PM      Profile for Brayze     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Despite the fact that egg has far better than a "mediocre" attack, his explosion, even with pink bow, does not have a 100% chance for an OHKO.

With the bow, it's pretty damn close, though. 497-583 I think, max snorlax hps being ~520. Without the bow, hey, it's your funeral.

Now, a pink bow golem is guaranteed an OHKO. If lax has had a chance to curse, though....

ROAR!

From: Lunar Palace ver. 3.1 | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jared0169
Farting Nudist
Member # 1081

Member Rated:
posted 06-30-2001 08:39 PM      Profile for Jared0169   Email Jared0169   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, ok, I agree, mediocre is a bit of an understatement. But still, we were talking about a Lax that has at least one Curse under its belt from the turn that you switched in. Anyways most Laxs that I've seen have Rest on them, so they could rest away the damage, and if they have Mint Berry, be back to Cursing the next turn.

------------------

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-02-2001 08:07 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't know the best Poke for it, but would this work.
strong physical attack like DE or earthquake
confusing move
psych up
roar/whirlwind
@leftovers

Maybe Umbreon or Kangaskhan, not Entei because of earthquake.

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 12:15 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it me, or does it seem like Snorlax is the Mewtwo equivalent of G/S/C?
Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 01:49 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In my opinion there's more and better counters for Curselax in GSC than there were for Amnesia Mewtwo in RBY. However, the new Fire Blasting Snorlax variants with Selfdestruct require a totally different set of counters than Curselax. If anything, they do share the same versatility, although it's definitely a lot more difficult for a newbie to make a Mewtwo work than it is for them to make Snorlax work.

------------------
"Ouch! Ouch! Now that's what I call good seamanship!"~Captain on Shining Force 2

~SabreGirl on AIM

Nitro
Farting Nudist
Member # 1885

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 10:04 AM      Profile for Nitro     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
Is it me, or does it seem like Snorlax is the Mewtwo equivalent of G/S/C?

Snorlax is tough, but he isn't THAT tough. There are many ways to deal with him. Psych up is the best and easiest way to deal with him. Another is with roar. If you can get the snorlax to rest(hoping there's no mint berry) you can switch in a roarer and roar him away while he sleeps. If all else fails, there's always your own curselax to send out and match him curse-for-curse. But that's only if you use curselax yourself.

------------------

TheEverlastingGobstopper
Farting Nudist
Member # 1531

Rate Member
posted 07-03-2001 05:27 PM      Profile for TheEverlastingGobstopper     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
At the moment I use Blissey; Defence Curl, Seismic Toss, Softboiled, Counter as a nice Curselax counter.

Also the Mew set of Swords Dance, Rock Slide, Explosion, and Soflboiled to take him out.

------------------
Straight jackin' saves you that edge, it's low maintenance, don't need a woman!-The Big Hit
That's a sack of stupid filed with suck, mixed in with crap that was stirred with an idiot newbie stick!~Porygone

From: nashville,tn usa | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 05:34 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Snorlax is nothing....send in Skarmory!

Skarmory:
(revised to fight Snorlax)

Sky Attack (crystal)
Swagger
Double Team
Rest
@mintberry

------------------

From: St. Paul, MN,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 05:45 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm...maybe Toxic should've been in the moveset I just suggested, you know, to force a REST....

------------------

From: St. Paul, MN,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
AmnesiA
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1664

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 01:15 AM      Profile for AmnesiA   Author's Homepage   Email AmnesiA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'd use a whirlwinding Skarmory

------------------
']['e']['r |Fa]) q0wns j00

MC = Mentally Challenged Squared

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 01:23 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, a topic I started has become a two pager

*MK victory dance*

----------------
"I'm seeing a vision boys, a war, a tug of war between hookers driving monster trucks, and thousands of excitied monkies. Friends, I give you, Money and Whore Monster Truck Tug of War!"

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 07-04-2001 01:25 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
JT: The easiest way for a Skarmory to beat a Snorlax is merely to switch in. If the Snorlax isn't like mine and happens to have Fire Blast, then your opponent will switch out. If he doesn't switch out, start cursing along with him. You only need 3 curses to have more Def than it takes Snorlax 6 to achieve. If they STILL don't switch out, use Whirlwind. End of story. You don't have to be that analytical with it. With out Fire Blast or Thunder, (which I might even be tempted to use of Aerodactyl comes into style. Did I just say that?) Snorlax has no hope of beating Skarmory.

------------------
"Ouch! Ouch! Now that's what I call good seamanship!"~Captain on Shining Force 2

~SabreGirl on AIM

Mister Cant
Farting Nudist
Member # 1414

Member Rated:
posted 07-06-2001 05:31 PM      Profile for Mister Cant   Email Mister Cant   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i made my own set against curselaxes...

Exeggutor-@leftovers
PsychUp DoubleEdge LEechSeed Psychic

1-leech seed the snor
2-psychic till when he starts resting
3-psych up
4-rampage goes here

------------------
Yup, im mister cant

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.