The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Donut Eaterz

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Donut Eaterz
Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 06-26-2001 06:37 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meh, my team. I'm bored, thought up a name, figured I'd post it here.

I should kill all of you. =P My browser freezes up at least once everytime I visit Azure. -_-;;

Starmie Enigma
~Surf, Recover, Confuse Ray, Thunder Wave @Miracleberry
Meh, standard.

Snorlax R. Simmons
~Rest, Curse, Double-Edge, Selfdestruct @Leftovers
The one who popularized the Booming 'Lax on the GSBot.

Gengar SexySpecs
~Counter, Confuse Ray, Thunderbolt, Destiny Bond @Leftovers
Counter work good. SexySpecs good dancer.

Skarmory Shrapnel
~Protect, Swagger, Whirlwind, Drill Peck @Leftovers
Skarmory r0x0rz j00!

Miltank Hamburglar
~Swagger, Heal Bell, Body Slam, Milk Drink @Miracleberry
The cow goes "Moooo!.'

Blissey Big Nipple
~Counter, Softboiled, Light Screen, Seismic Toss @Leftovers
Eats Special Attacks like my mom eats food.

You figure out how to work it. =P

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

[This message has been edited by Mr.E (edited 06-26-2001).]

From: Munchkin Land, Oz | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-26-2001 09:50 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mr.E: Meh, my team. I'm bored, thought up a name, figured I'd post it here.

meh, i'm bored. figured i'd rate one.

Starmie Enigma

damned if mine isn't enigma, too.

The one who popularized the Booming 'Lax on the GSBot.

funny, i thought he'd been popular ever since r/b/y. i know i've used him a lot. 400 power off 318 attack with stab?

anyway... not sure if i'd lead with starmie, with attracting jolteons being the latest fad. you've got snorlax to thunder wave, tho, so i think it'll work. blissey would work, too, since she can take even more special damage than snorlax and can still get rid of the par with the help of miltank. i still like my starmies with two actual attacks, tho, with thunder wave OR confuse ray.

snorlax looks good, but i don't think selfdestruct and curse should be in the same set. i'd ditch one for earthquake, or even shadow ball. i think you're limiting curselax by putting a suicide move AND only normal attacks on there. it hurts his role as a sweeper, imo.

gengar is excellent! leftovers doesn't seem right with that set, tho. i think i'd go for another miracleberry.

skarmory looks good. protect is especially helpful if you don't know whether they're packing a fire/electric move or not.

miltank looks like excellent special attacker bait. swagger may prove to benefit you more often than psych up would have, but you'll know either way soon enough.

as with the last three pokéys, blissey looks fine. light screen definitely has its moments in the sun, but i might still replace it with ice beam or thunder wave/bolt. status ailments come in extremely handy when it comes down to pp wars, unless of course they're using rest.

in summary, a good team. i wouldn't worry about your big fighting weakness, even with machamp's annoying popularity, since you've got several ways to counter him.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"so? mentar thinks it's a good idea." - givera
"there ain't nothin' like whackin' and snackin'." - pkthunder

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 01:52 AM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well there isn't much to comment on, really...

Though I've found Leftovers to be more helpful than Miracleberry. It doesn't run into too many Thunder Waves, and if it gets hits on a switch-in, Leftovers will eventually bring it's HP high enough to KO something with Counter before DBing, instead of having to DB immediately. Recovers decent HP actually, when you having switch wars with Machamps, all-Normal move Snorlaxes, etc. A single hard-hitting special attack has screwed me from ever getting a chance to Counter at all more than once (though I still got to DB something away with me), can't let it keep happening.

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-27-2001 02:03 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.E
My browser freezes up at least once everytime I visit Azure. -_-;;

Ironically, I have a gag-reflex at least once every time I visit TPM...

------------------
*burns Pokémon to hell*~Marcus Majarra

"Mint has that quiet elegance, but I bet Arche fucks like a tiger."~Klarth, Tales of Phantasia

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-27-2001 03:44 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
all true. i was anticipating switching in against a normal attack, tho. counter the next (possibly allowing for a switch), then destiny bond your next victim. leftovers doesn't seem necessary for this, but keeping your speed for destiny bond is imperative unless they use sky attack at just the right time, or something. i'd lean more toward miracleberry to avoid paralysis or confusion, which could screw it all up. they both work, tho.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"so? mentar thinks it's a good idea." - givera
"there ain't nothin' like whackin' and snackin'." - pkthunder

Mr.E
Farting Nudist
Member # 696

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 05:06 PM      Profile for Mr.E     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You can't always expect to switch in against a Normal attack though, I've found (or a Cross Chop ^_~)...=/

Maybe I will go back to Miracleberry though, but not to stop paralysis or such, since they'll just get you the next couple turns or so, but I can use it to get in a free Confuse Ray once at least.

------------------
I AM A GOLDEN GOD!

Ultam
Farting Nudist
Member # 1826

Rate Member
posted 07-03-2001 04:00 PM      Profile for Ultam   Author's Homepage   Email Ultam   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*drools*

Finally, Mr.E's team...

Starmie - Standard

SNorlax - Great and nice name(y)

Gengar - Interesting...I like it.

Skarmory - Nice

Miltank - I like Psyche Up over Swagger to get those damn Laxs

Blissey - Nice(y)

Only Problems I see are the 3x fighting weakness and 5x Machamp weakness.

------------------
Former GSC and RBY mod of TPM

From: Washington State | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 06:28 PM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll rate

Starmie: Standard

Snorlax: If it works for you, keep it. I'd rather have DT, rest, double edge, and belly drum with mint berry, but I don't think it could get time to be used to full effectiveness, but your set works too.

Gengar: No problems here

Skarmory: Good

Miltank: Good

Blissey: Good

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.