The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » O_o Team: Fast and Furious o_O

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: O_o Team: Fast and Furious o_O
JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 06-25-2001 12:03 AM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is called "Fast and Furious"

1) Scizor:

Baton Pass
Swordsdance
Agility
Rock HP
@Miracleberry

-First I Swordsdance and Agility, Baton pass it to one of my pokemon and the next pokemon will be pumped up to kick major arse.

2) Parasect

Spore
Furycutter
Double Team
Gigadrain
@Miracleberry

-Get Baton Passed, Spore, Doubleteam to the max, Fury Cutter until damage can kill almost anything. Gigadrain when/if hurt.

3) Kingdra:

Octazooka
Dragonbreath
Rest
Doubleteam
@(the self-awakening berry)

-This guy is my favorite, with Octazooka the opponent will probably lose accuracy, plus the Double team is there for more chances of evading. Dragonbreath CAN paralyze and Rest when beaten up.

4) Tyranitar:

Earthquake
Rockslide
Crunch
Fireblast

-Sweeper. Will not use him if not BP'd.

5) Forretress:

Spikes
Sandstorm
Toxic
Explosion
@Miracleberry

-First set up Spikes, then Toxic, finish with Sandstorm, and Explode if FIRE pokemon pops up.

6) Mewtwo:

Psychic
Safeguard
Thunderbolt
Recover
@twisted spoon

-Used last, in emergencies. Safeguard to ensure his status. Recover, there to recover lost HP. Thunderbolt, too many Legendary birds out there. Pyschic, to be used when/if encountered by a Heracross with MegaHorn.

------------------

From: St. Paul, MN,USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Thom Burr
Farting Nudist
Member # 1267

Member Rated:
posted 06-25-2001 01:36 AM      Profile for Thom Burr   Email Thom Burr   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Scizor: Good. But Agility first, then Baton Pass out (i.e., run like hell) to Tyranitar if ANYTHING comes out that MIGHT have a Fire move. Otherwise, go for both stat boots and BP. Yeehaw. (in theory, you could Rock HP a Fire type switched in after a first Sword Dance. But lots of other types learn Fire moes, so I say no.)

Parasect: Probably only will work with a successful BP of both boosts from Scizor. But then, why bother with Double Team? Parasect is fragile and slow. It won't survive a full DT process.

Kingdra: Eh, Octakzooka is not at all wise. Better to be able to plan with Surf than cross your fingers with anything else. I don't use this (and I don't like it), so I have no good ideas. Search Cat-Gonk's posts for better info.

Tyranitar: Fine. Standard. Though I go with Rest or Sandstorm over Fireblast.

Forretress: Protect over Sandstorm. You don't have enough proper types to make Sandstorm work--it would be a liability, in fact. Nor do you have enough switch-inducing moves to make Spikes work. But whatever. I'm not complaining.

Mewtwo: Fine, but I'd kinda rather Ice Beam over Thunderbolt...Just personal preference there, not a nitpick.

------------------
This is not a signature.

JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 07:51 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is this the only reply I'm gonna get??

------------------

Random Loser
Farting Nudist
Member # 1538

Member Rated:
posted 06-28-2001 08:39 PM      Profile for Random Loser   Email Random Loser   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nope, this makes 3...
From: Uni of Virginny | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Scizor2k
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1659

Rate Member
posted 07-02-2001 10:44 PM      Profile for Scizor2k   Email Scizor2k   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This makes 4....,Anyway i don't really think Parasite can dig it,he doesnt have the staying power....And for Mewtwo Try Thunder wave,Recover,Psychic,Ice beam

------------------

JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 12:00 AM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Scizor2k:
This makes 4....,Anyway i don't really think Parasite can dig it,he doesnt have the staying power....And for Mewtwo Try Thunder wave,Recover,Psychic,Ice beam

Oh yeah, I've tried that Mewtwo Moveset, and it works quite well, although I'd rather have Safeguard there (there are too many status effecters around). Also, Parasect, yeah he is pretty weak, I just though of the idea of Spore - Fury Cutter would bring Fury Cutter's power up while the enemy is asleep would work. I guess I'll try somethin' else...

------------------

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 01:37 AM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I gave this a rate at TPR, and I'll reiterate it here: Dazayamn. 3 quad fire weaknesses. Dazayamn.

------------------
"Ouch! Ouch! Now that's what I call good seamanship!"~Captain on Shining Force 2

syran765: *Automaton sent out Demon-Bitch*
syran765: *Sabregirl's Umbreon was paralysed with fear*
~SabreGirl on AIM

ThumbsOfSteel
Farting Nudist
Member # 1922

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 07:14 AM      Profile for ThumbsOfSteel     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree with Automaton, 3 4x fire weaknesses won't help you any. Nice thing about Scizor and Forretress is their only weakness to fire. Open with Forretress, set spikes and switch.
Try bug HP on parasect
on kingdra, since it's a spikes team, surf over octazooka, and if you want some switch inducing, go with smokescreen over DT(if not, stick with DT)

------------------
How to ruin a Snorlax:
@everstone
defense curl
tackle
amnesia
harden

From: Nowhere on a normal map | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
DragoniteJ
Farting Nudist
Member # 815

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 12:05 PM      Profile for DragoniteJ   Author's Homepage   Email DragoniteJ   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This team is called "Fast and Furious"
1) Scizor:

Baton Pass
Swordsdance
Agility
Rock HP
@Miracleberry

-First I Swordsdance and Agility, Baton pass it to one of my pokemon and the next pokemon will be pumped up to kick major arse.

If your opponent expects a Scizor as a starter, you're screwed from the start. Forretress (Although I'm not comfortable with it either), Kingdra, or Mewtwo would be better starters.

2) Parasect

Spore
Furycutter
Double Team
Gigadrain
@Miracleberry

-Get Baton Passed, Spore, Doubleteam to the max, Fury Cutter until damage can kill almost anything. Gigadrain when/if hurt.

Good set, but too risky. You should get a psych upping Miltank here instead.

3) Kingdra:

Octazooka
Dragonbreath
Rest
Doubleteam
@(the self-awakening berry)

-This guy is my favorite, with Octazooka the opponent will probably lose accuracy, plus the Double team is there for more chances of evading. Dragonbreath CAN paralyze and Rest when beaten up.

Give this st00pid thing surf over octazooka. It deals waaaay more damage than spikes with octazooka ever will. Besides, you don't want to be owned by Skarmory, Scizor, and Forretress, do you?

4) Tyranitar:

Earthquake
Rockslide
Crunch
Fireblast

-Sweeper. Will not use him if not BP'd.

Whatever. I like to have Screech on board over Crunch or Fireblast.

5) Forretress:

Spikes
Sandstorm
Toxic
Explosion
@Miracleberry

-First set up Spikes, then Toxic, finish with Sandstorm, and Explode if FIRE pokemon pops up.

Dro Sandstorm and Toxic for Reflect and Double-Edge or Swagger. If you Swagger them, then Miltank just may be able to Psych it Up later. Give it a friggin' pink/polkadot bow.

6) Mewtwo:

Psychic
Safeguard
Thunderbolt
Recover
@twisted spoon

-Used last, in emergencies. Safeguard to ensure his status. Recover, there to recover lost HP. Thunderbolt, too many Legendary birds out there. Pyschic, to be used when/if encountered by a Heracross with MegaHorn.

Poifect! although I too prefer Ice Beam over Thunderbolt. That is unless Tyranitar get's constantly bullied by mean water types and such.

This is a pretty good team. Just beware smelly old Snorlax!

------------------
Please visit my website at http://www.geocities.com/dragonitej/main.html
team is aswam granbul,donphan,togipe&farlagater all lv:100" - newbie

JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 01:30 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alright, no more rates. This team sucks entirely, I'm gonna think the team over and take a couple of pokemon/moves out....

------------------

Jigglypuff
Farting Nudist
Member # 144

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 02:48 PM      Profile for Jigglypuff   Email Jigglypuff   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mewtwo, WTF?

Can't you win without Mew-cheap-two?

------------------
Jigglypuff - Mars is very, VERY dim tonight

A.K.A., Puffball, Jigglymuff and guy who like's to use Double Team.

Bob_Utsugi
Farting Nudist
Member # 1605

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 04:33 PM      Profile for Bob_Utsugi   Email Bob_Utsugi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think a person who uses Mewtwo, is such a loser.

But if you want to try, anyway..

Mewtwo

-Submission
-Psychic
-Recover
-Thunder Wave
w/ Blackbelt

It can destroy all Houndooms and Umbreons and Tyranitar.. But if you want battle with Psychic VS. Psychic, get that Thunder Wave away and use Seismic Toss.

------------------
I can make my team even better..

JoHtO TrAiNeR
Farting Nudist
Member # 1777

Member Rated:
posted 07-03-2001 05:09 PM      Profile for JoHtO TrAiNeR   Author's Homepage   Email JoHtO TrAiNeR   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sick of hearing that Mewtwo is cheap...if Mewtwo IS cheap, then why not take out Tyranitar?? If Tyranitar is cheap, why not take out all the water pokemon?? Cause they'll be cheap too! See where I'm going??? If not.....you're smart...

------------------

Scizor2k
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1659

Rate Member
posted 07-03-2001 06:23 PM      Profile for Scizor2k   Email Scizor2k   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Try an alakazam instead of Mewtwo,It'll serve your purposes just as Mewtwo and maybe even better....

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.