The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Rate my new, amazing, undefeated GSBot team!(3-0)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rate my new, amazing, undefeated GSBot team!(3-0)
GP-Chan
Farting Nudist
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 04:18 PM      Profile for GP-Chan   Email GP-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jolteon(F)>> Substitute..T-Wave..T-Bolt..Attract
@Leftovers
[Yes, it is that set that you have seen oh so many times. I decided to give it a try. Through a couple tests, I have found out, that it works very well. Can take out practically anything except for Grounds. I still don't know though, it's a bit too fragile for me. Any suggestions on a POSSIBLE replacement?]

Espeon>> Zap Cannon..Morning Sun..Psychic..Bite
@Leftovers
[It may seem strange at first, but in fact it is quite good. ZC works off her 358 SA, and although it has bad accuracy, it packs quite a wallop when it DOES hit, and always paralyzes, which is a nice side effect. Bite is for other Psychics, and Ghosts(damn Missy). And Psychic and Morning Sun are quite obvious.]

Snorlax>> Double-Edge..Rest..Counter..Selfdestruct/Quake
@Leftovers
[I used to have SD on him, but lately I have been wondering about Quake. With SD, it does leave him sort of helpless against ghosts, but still...they aren't used THAT much. I still think SD would be a lot more beneficial, but what do you think?]

Suicune>> Psych Up..Rest..Roar..Surf
@Leftovers
[Oh no. No Mirror Coat. Well, in my opinion, it was just too damn predictable. It was near worthless. Even against Zappys, they would still DP and screw you over.]

Machamp>> Quake..Slide..CC..Rest
@Leftovers
[Ta-da! Rest comes in quite handy..especially for those damn burns from T-Tar!(dont ask, ~_~). Pretty much standard.]

Miltank>> Attract..Body Slam..Heal Bell..Milk Drink
@MiracleBerry
[Yes, another standard/semi-standard. Heal Beller. And I'll need it with all those Resters. ;P]

So, rate away. I know I use a lot of Leftovers, but they are REALLY beneficial. Especially on Machamp, Espeon, and Lax.

------------------
~Green_Pikachu

ph33r

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 08:22 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
@Leftovers

Wow, now I have you using my set. Impressive.

@Leftovers

I'm assuming you're using Bite over Darkpower just for the flinch possibility. I don't like ZC. I really fail to see where this is superior to Alakazam.

@Leftovers

I like counter on him, but it seems a little risky considering that he really can only live to counter a non-critical CC. However, if they don't CH, you're in the gold.

@Leftovers

Hmm. I suppose it's okay, but really, offensively speaking, you should have a physical attack on there, if only to take advantage of curses that you Psych Up.

@Leftovers

This is what I'm currently using on my BP/Mass Rest team. Good.

@MiracleBerry

Again, I'm using this too. Ugh, you have similar taste to myself with movesets.

Overall Weaknesses:

Fighting 2
Flying 1
Poison 0
Ground 1
Rock 0
Bug 1
Ghost 1
Steel 0
Fire 0
Water 0
Grass 1
Electric 1
Psychic 1
Ice 0
Dragon 0
Dark 1

Offensive Rate: Well, I really don't like Zap Cannon, and I also have a slight problem with Psych Up without a physical move. Other than that, since I use three of the same movesets myself, I can't argue your logic. ^_~

8.5/10

Defensive Rate: Well, you've done an admiral job here, as you only have a single double weakness. However, that weakness is to Fighting, and Snorlax seems to be suicidally dedicated to getting rid of Machamp. Only problem there is the fact that Machamp is faster, and if he gets a Critical your Snorlax is meat.

9/10

Overall: 8.75/10 Excellent

Originality Rate: Let's be realistic here. Everything here except the Zap Cannon and the lack of Mirror Coat on Suicune has been done a lot.

4/10

------------------
"I like chains. ^_^;;;;;;"~JolteonStorm

"Mint has that quiet elegance, but I bet Arche fucks like a tiger."~Klarth, Tales of Phantasia

GP-Chan
Farting Nudist
Member # 1848

Member Rated:
posted 06-12-2001 08:50 PM      Profile for GP-Chan   Email GP-Chan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Meh. Screw originality. What wins, wins. Thanks Phildo. ;P

------------------
~Green_Pikachu

ph33r

Divine Wind
Farting Nudist
Member # 1051

Rate Member
posted 06-13-2001 12:09 AM      Profile for Divine Wind   Author's Homepage   Email Divine Wind   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
@Leftovers
I see this set everywhere on gsbot... It's effective, though, so keep it

@Leftovers
Keep Zap Cannon if you think you're lucky, if not you could replace it with an elemental Hidden Power or Sunny Day.

@Leftovers
Double-Edge and Rest are musts, and Counter r0><0rs on him. Send back Cross Chops, attacks from Marowaks, Curselaxs, etc. I'd keep Selfdestruct, sure he'll be defenseless against ghosts, but you can switch out vs. them.

@Leftovers
I'd keep Mirror Coat. The ever-popular Jolteon set and many other pokemon don't have physical attacks, so you can send them back. Psyche Up is a bit iffy without a physical attack as Automaton said, so I';d replace it with Mirror Coat. The rest is fine

@Leftovers
Perfecto

@MiracleBerry
Excellent, no changes needed

The Rookie
Farting Nudist
Member # 1030

Rate Member
posted 06-13-2001 12:48 AM      Profile for The Rookie   Email The Rookie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Undefeated 'cos our match was interrupted by a bot shut down

anyways...

Jolt: good, i like, tho sort of typical these days. Watch out for other attract reliant team tho (as usual)

Espeon: I'm with automaton on this one. Bite won't solve your missy problem, bite does max 40% vs. missy, about the same as an uncursed lax's eq and unless lax has been pumping up with curses he has a tough time vs. missy. That is of course if bite doesn't flinch

Lax: i have a tendency to like things that blow up, so self d is a good idea. Too bad it didn't have curse to bait hazers tho

Suicune: Dump psych up unless you find a way to fit return on this set.

Champ: I find counter more useful to rest, but it's not bad

Miltank: workst with your resters, good poke

overall, a solid team that's slightly marred by a few blotches. A little bit original, using common poke in different ways, overall a good team.

------------------

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2019, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.