The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Rate my team of wackyness!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rate my team of wackyness!
OmniNova
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 923

Rate Member
posted 06-06-2001 02:07 AM      Profile for OmniNova     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've been looking at this site for a long time but haven't posted much. I've been working on this team for a while and need opinions on movesets and items. So here we go in no particular order.

Lanturn
Surf
Thunder
Rain Dance
Confuse Ray
(Mystic Water)

That moveset isnt very hard to explain. Should I replace confuse ray with thunderwave or keep it as it is. I just put Mystic Water on because I couldnt really think of anything else so any advise on an item?

Umbreon
Bite
Moonlight
Psychic
Confuse Ray
(Leftovers or KingsRock)

I need help on this moveset and item. I put bite on for the flinching and for need of a dark move. Moonlight so it can last a little longer. Psychic to take out fighters and confuse ray to last longer also. I just kinda threw this moveset together though so I still need help.

Xatu
Psychic
Fly
Haze
Confuse Ray
(???)

I need some help on the moveset and item because I also threw it together rather quickly.

Bellossom
Solarbeam
Sunnyday
Moonlight
Sleeppowder
(QuickClaw)

I like this moveset but I still would like some advise on it and the item. Sunnyday up and then solarbeam and moonlight to my hearts content. Quickclaw is here so I can get in a good sleep powder at the beginning.

Heracross
Megahorn
Reversal
Earthquake
Headbutt
(scopelense)

Megahorn for a bug move. Reversal for a fighting move. Earthquake to take care or weaknesses and head butt because I heard it flinches. I need an idea for an item, I just put scopelense on because I thought a critical chance might help the already pretty powerful moves.

Charizard
Flamethrower
Earthquake
Bellydrum
Rest
(MintBerry)

I thought this might be a decent moveset but advise would be nice. First bellydrum, then rest, and then Earthquake. Flamethrower is for a fire move and against things like flying. Mint Berry so it wakes up after Rest

Well heres my team. So all advise will be appreciated. Thanks

Bob_Utsugi
Farting Nudist
Member # 1605

Member Rated:
posted 06-06-2001 06:23 AM      Profile for Bob_Utsugi   Email Bob_Utsugi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Let's rate..

Actually first on Umbreon , do not try Toxic Look Umbreon because Bellossom has Sleep Powder, try instead:

-Rest
-Moonlight
-Confuse Ray
-Shadow Ball
w/Mintberry

Umm, I think Umbreon doesn't have much Special Attack so Psychic and Twistedspoon to raise it.

Xatu? I'm not sure about it.

Fly.. Attach Sharp Break on Xatu.

Err.. I think.. Get that Headbutt hell on Heracross and replace it for Endure.

And you don't need Thunder Wave on Lanturn , because Bellossom has SPowder.

------------------
I can make my team even better..

[This message has been edited by Bob_Utsugi (edited 06-06-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Bob_Utsugi (edited 06-06-2001).]

infested_grapefruit
Farting Nudist
Member # 753

Member Rated:
posted 06-06-2001 09:26 AM      Profile for infested_grapefruit   Email infested_grapefruit   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually first on Umbreon , do not try Toxic Look Umbreon because Bellossom has Sleep Powder, try instead:

-Rest
-Moonlight
-Confuse Ray
-Shadow Ball
w/Mintberry

~I hope you meant curse instead of moonlight/rest....

Dante
Farting Nudist
Member # 746

Member Rated:
posted 06-06-2001 02:35 PM      Profile for Dante   Author's Homepage   Email Dante   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's my Lanturn (well, maybe someone made it up before me, I dunno)
Bellossom looks good but don't mix with Lanturn.
Also I believe Reversal (tho classed as fighting) has fixed damage.

...Rest AND Moonlight? Bob man!

------------------
Why does no one believe me when I tell 'em 'wasabi' means 'horse radish'?

I would post my RL photo but everyone's forgotten who I am on Azure.

From: UK, universe 10812 version 2 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
OmniNova
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 923

Rate Member
posted 06-09-2001 10:33 AM      Profile for OmniNova     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Reversal, I believe, does more damage the lower your hitpoints. Does anyone know a fighting move better then this to use? Anyone else care to help me out?

Automaton
Farting Nudist
Member # 1234

Member Rated:
posted 06-09-2001 02:18 PM      Profile for Automaton   Author's Homepage   Email Automaton   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Heracross really can't get much in the way of fighting moves other than Reversal.

Never put psychic on Umbreon. It would take you four hits to kill a Machamp, and one or two for him to kill you. Since usually you have a healing move and he doesn't, you're still taking a chance. The best strategy would be to get the hell out.

Why do I always see Shadowball on Umbreon? It's been my personal experience that Body Slam and Double Edge are so much better on him, unless you're specifically trying to counter Perish Song Misdreavus, at which point you're going last and you'd better have some curses under your belt to do it in two turns. (I think you'd need one or two curses to be able to down Midreavus in two hits reliably.) And you MUST have those curses before Midreavus even comes in, or you're basically dead.

------------------
"I like chains. ^_^;;;;;;"~JolteonStorm

"Mint has that quiet elegance, but I bet Arche fucks like a tiger."~Klarth, Tales of Phantasia

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.