The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Omanyte Historical Foundation   » Guy says his team is invincible, please prove him wrong

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Guy says his team is invincible, please prove him wrong
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2001 04:32 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's this guy again, at the Swedish Club Nintendo PKMN message board, who claims to have a nearly invincible team. He has the nickname "Swedish Master of Pojo", BTW (Yep, POJO is his hang-out place).

Here's his team, is it really as invincible as he says? (Comments are his, not mine)

-------------------------------

Scizor (Leftovers), Baton Passer, starter
Steel Wing
Baton Pass
Double Team
Sword's Dance
I like it. A Baton Passer could really help

Starmie (King's Rock), Annoyer
Thunder Wave
Confuse Ray
Surf
Recover
Could be very annoying. Especially after Baton Passed DT.

Jynx (Brightpowder), Mean Lock-Perish Songer
Perish Song
Lovely Kiss
Mean Look
Dream Eater
I know, two psychics, but a Perish Songer is always annoying. I go
Mean Look, Lovely Kiss, Perish Song, Dream Eater, Switch to
recover HP. The Mean Look, Perish Song, Lovely Kiss takes a lot of
damage on her.

Typhlosion (Scope Lens)
Flamethrower
Sunnyday
Earthquake
Thunderpunch
Only annoying thing is alot CH's. Is there any annoying Non-legendary, non-flying Fire PKMN?

Dragonite:
I have actually 2. One MEGA-annoyer;

ThunderWave
Attract
Swagger
HeadButt
(King's Rock),Female, Mega-Annoyer
Attacks in order: T-Wave, Attract, Swagger, Headbutt.
Paralyze, Attraction, Confusion, Flinching, who can attack her??

or the HazerDragon (I use right now);

Haze
OutRage
Safeguard
Wing Attack
(Bitter Berry), Hazer
Highest attack (along w/ T-tar) makes it a very good PKMN. Hazer's
should be in every Team.

Umbreon (Leftovers), Toxic-Locker
Rest
Confuse Ray
Mean Look
Toxic
Stalling, that's why Leftovers go over Mint Berry.

-------------------------------

So? Is it invincible?

------------------
Me: Mick_Hale, you're right!
poccil: Mick_Hale isn't even posting on this topic.

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-02-2001 06:56 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
at first glance, scizor's swords dance will only benefit two other pokmon, each of which only has one physical attack. that double team is lethal, tho, so i'd say scizor's good.

death starmie doesn't work much. when it does it works wonders, but there are too many ways to counter it, and surf's pp is limited.

jynx needs an ice beam, imo. i've used the set with ice beam over dream eater and leftovers attached. dragonite falls before he can get in a single attack (obviously).

i don't see the point of sunny day on typhlosion. i'd drop it for quick attack for use against endure/flailers and the like. seems good otherwise.

dragonite (the one he uses) seems wasted. bitter berry merely helps confusion from outrage, which he probably won't even have the chance to use. outrage commits him for at least two turns to a special attack, which gives the opponent the perfect chance to switch in that usually-high-special-defense ice user. maybe he's just afraid of cloysters, or something. this dragonite's not much of a sweeper.

rest on umbreon has its pros and cons. semi-standard and it works.

all just from my unique point of view, as usual. definitely not invincible, tho. the only support the entire team seems to have is scizor, which i think is unreliable. his only hazer doubles as a safeguarder and SHOULD be a sweeper, but isn't. methinks no one's ever used psych up against this guy. it would be annoying, tho: the only pokmon that learns mind reader/lock-on + psych up is porygon2, and i can't see any decent movesets with that combo. a mr. mime or girafarig with psych up + baton pass would be infinitely more useful and versatile.

------------------
i am the sandshrew! cu-cu-kachoo!
"so? mentar thinks it's a good idea." - givera
"there ain't nothin' like whackin' and snackin'." - pkthunder

Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2001 08:29 AM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you dont what sunny day does?..umm. anyway, His team is good at frist glance but when u study it a tad more you can see his flaws.and Dragonite is not that fast so after the common T+wave swagger attarct he does a person could just switch... Or switch when does attarct.. Pretty simple. I give him a A for trying of course but this team can and may be sweeped by a trainer who quickly learns the loopholes. ^_^ The rest of his of team is made of norm. movesets made by boards a couple months ago. I really cant say much, also I really dont like that scizor moveset. What trainer in his right mind would let him do such a thing?

Rateing ut of 1 to 10, I give it a 4

------------------
BUR!, its cold in here!, there must be some jynx's in the atmosphere!!!

From: Sayreville NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk
Happy Good Times Fortune Happiness Happity Hocks Cat-Gonk Happifier
Member # 14

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2001 10:18 AM      Profile for Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's damn good for a Pojoer, I'll give it that.

Speaking of Pojo, how are they holding up, anyway? I remember going there a few times while they were just getting the MB off the ground, and they didn't seem to be all that bad.

Sure, they didn't have anywhere near the same skills that we did, but at least they'd admit it and take note of what people with experience said, while beating the shit out of people who'd laugh at them for being newbies.

Oddly enough, the latter group were mostly TPMers...

------------------
t-gk: NvêVasTrR
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
D !iv n GdDsh?
@iM: CatGonk | !r: Tourmaline | I<Q: 83851495
tH3 Ktt l1Ttr )(: --[ http://catgonk.cjb.net ]--

":\ and ur supposed to be the mod around here?"
- Rune666, TPMer.

"Cat-Gonk is your god."
- NickWhiz1

From: Perth, Western Australia. | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Kingdra The horsea
Farting Nudist
Member # 1637

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2001 10:45 AM      Profile for Kingdra The horsea   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Specking of which, Whats wrong with TPM? I was there like for a sec to check it out like I do with most boards. But I dont see anything wrong with TPM execpt there some annoyed reg's who keep flameing the new guys..

------------------
BUR!, its cold in here!, there must be some jynx's in the atmosphere!!!

From: Sayreville NJ USA | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BigCheese
Farting Nudist
Member # 1479

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2001 11:14 AM      Profile for BigCheese   Email BigCheese   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ancient Egyptian Cat-Gonk:
It's damn good for a Pojoer, I'll give it that.

Speaking of Pojo, how are they holding up, anyway? I remember going there a few times while they were just getting the MB off the ground, and they didn't seem to be all that bad.

Sure, they didn't have anywhere near the same skills that we did, but at least they'd admit it and take note of what people with experience said, while beating the out of people who'd laugh at them for being newbies.

Oddly enough, the latter group were mostly TPMers...

Yeah, there are quite a few newbies there. But not all of them are. There are some skilled people on that site, people just look at the newbies there, and ignore the good trainers. I'm still there trying to help out those people to stop using Hydro Pump and stuff like that. Hey, weren't you there for a while? I remember you were posting on my Misdreavus Perish Song strategy.

BTW, this site is still more skilled, but all I'm saying is Pojo isn't as bad as everyone thinks.

------------------
Blissey/Chansey will hold up their proud tradition of beating two or more Mewtwo's in a row!

Psyduck rules!

[This message has been edited by BigCheese (edited 06-02-2001).]

From: The land of milk and honey...and cheese | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Rookie
Farting Nudist
Member # 1030

Rate Member
posted 06-02-2001 12:30 PM      Profile for The Rookie   Email The Rookie   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It has death starmie, it already sucks

i'm not going into a deep rate but it is a solid team, but it'd get rocked by teams with actual themes/contructed formats

------------------

Bulbarita
Farting Nudist
Member # 1744

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2001 12:57 PM      Profile for Bulbarita     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there a Swedish Club Nintendo PKMN message board?
What's the adress?

------------------
-Bulbarita, or Chikosaur if you prefer.

Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2001 01:14 PM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
He stole my Double-Dancing Scizor moveset! *created that way back when* THE SCUM!

------------------
My... been a while, ne?

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cesar
Farting Nudist
Member # 529

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2001 02:08 PM      Profile for Cesar   Email Cesar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I love ruining other people's teams!

Half of his team is weak to rock and have a low defense (Jynx, Typholsion), Dragonite has better defense, but has no way of countering ground types.
Gets his Dugtrio out

His team is also fully dependent on sleep, paralyses, confusion, and toxic. This is a very good reason to have at least one pokemon on your team with safeguard.

His team is very beatable.

From: Toronto, Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2001 03:18 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bulbarita:
Is there a Swedish Club Nintendo PKMN message board?
What's the adress?

So, you're Swedish too, I assume? (Why ask for a Swedish PKMN MB if you're not Swedish? )

You have to be a member of the Swedish Club Nintendo to access it. Go to http://club.nintendo-se.com/ to join. It costs some money (64 SEK) though, and most of the posters there aren't very skilled.

------------------

Ransu
Farting Nudist
Member # 1697

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2001 03:23 PM      Profile for Ransu     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
!!!!! Oh my!!!!!!!
Believe it or not I fought this team today, I swept the whole damn team with a Houndoom and and Machamp ROTFL. This team is pretty sorry, I beat his Starmie with a CH so I was lucky there, Jynx was the last Pokemon and so my life was at like 20 or something so my Machamp fainted. I just brought in Houndoom and 2 Flamethrowers.

Sorry this is like a Battle Log but I just wanted to put my 2 cents in about this sorry team ^_^ ja mata ne

------------------
"There once were two men, who traveled the same path for ten years, but found completely different truths. So I think if I wander for ten years, I'll find my own truth." --Seta Soujirou

Bulbarita
Farting Nudist
Member # 1744

Member Rated:
posted 06-02-2001 04:15 PM      Profile for Bulbarita     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I'm a Swede.
And I'm already a Club Nintendo member. I didn't know there was a message board, so thanks for pointing it out. And its good to see some serious swedish pokemon players.

------------------
-Bulbarita, or Chikosaur if you prefer.

Lark84
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 06-03-2001 04:47 AM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Bulbarita:
Yes, I'm a Swede.
And I'm already a Club Nintendo member. I didn't know there was a message board, so thanks for pointing it out. And its good to see some serious swedish pokemon players.

If you log in on the page I gave you the URL to, then, on the top right, there's a drop-down menu. Select "Forum", and then you can click on the "Pokmon Forum" there. There are some serious players, me included, and this guy (whose team I posted without asking him ^_^), and some others too. Most people are newbies though. Hope I'll see you there soon!

------------------

Azdara2
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3325

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 04:26 PM      Profile for Azdara2     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no i can defeat him with

houndoom
umbron
articuno
hitmonlee
dugtrio
and electrode just for fun with focus band and explosion

P.s all at lv 100

Thomaz
Farting Nudist
Member # 3330

Member Rated:
posted 05-10-2003 07:42 PM      Profile for Thomaz   Author's Homepage   Email Thomaz   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm a Pojo-er, but lately I haven't posted anything so I better stick to AH (DUH!!!!! [Razz] )

So I guess I was a Pojo-er

EDIT: I have only been there for 3 or 4 weeks [Big Grin]

BTW the team is beatable

Just start the match with a fast Fire pokey to clear one part of it's strategy and Deathstar doesn't stand a change against a fast Safeguarder.
And the list goes on....

[ 05-10-2003, 07:44 PM: Message edited by: Thomaz ]

- - - - -
Nothing.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 02:13 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
and electrode just for fun with focus band and explosion

Just so you know, Focus Band cannot save you from your own explosion...

J Man Cool
Farting Nudist
Member # 2099

Member Rated:
posted 05-13-2003 04:35 PM      Profile for J Man Cool   Email J Man Cool   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2 years and 11 months ago this topics should have been up here

not now ._.;;

- - - - -
bagels

Turbo X
Farting Nudist
Member # 1808

posted 05-13-2003 06:17 PM      Profile for Turbo X     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by J Man Cool:
2 years and 11 months ago this topics should have been up here

not now ._.;;

Yea, well look who brought it up too.. the person who thinks they can beat anything AFTER they already know what the team and movesets are. [Roll Eyes]

- - - - -
I mean, goldfish lamp wallpaper skeleton in my Bavarian Star or what? Flowers mirror computer Smurfs every time Moses flies playing cards in or around Paris.

From: N-town, PA, U.S. | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pinsir_sama
Farting Nudist
Member # 2699

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2003 07:18 AM      Profile for Pinsir_sama   Email Pinsir_sama   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
all u gotta do is meanlook pass to a bellydrummer and this team is raped -_-

- - - - -
Sometimes, the fish devours the ants, and sometimes, the ants devour the fish-vietnamese proverb

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 09-01-2003 12:06 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
did i used to rate teams!?! O_O did i really know what i was talking about? i mean, i seem to, from reading it over, but i don't get the feeling that i had my finger on the pulse of pokmon mastery, or something. what does psych up do again...?

on a completely unrelated note, i just got my youngest out of diapers. yay me. today was his first accident-free day in "big boy" underpants.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-01-2003 01:05 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I haven't really read the replies I'll destory his team myself...

Scizor (Leftovers), Baton Passer, starter
Steel Wing
Baton Pass
Double Team
Sword's Dance

What a moron! The point of a Baton Passer is to do stuff to pass to others. Steel Wing sucks. And while's he's "trying" to double team and sword's dance, I just switch to any fire type and kaboom, there goes his starter...

Starmie (King's Rock), Annoyer
Thunder Wave
Confuse Ray
Surf
Recover

Standard Death Star, but not without it's weakness... just toxic/meanlook/perishsong the son of bitch...

Jynx (Brightpowder), Mean Lock-Perish Songer
Perish Song
Lovely Kiss
Mean Look
Dream Eater

Use the fire type that killed Scizor to kill this thing... still, not bad moveset for a Jynx, but it will still fail with against many pkmn, especially those with a berry/item to cure sleep, which he'll probably go for first...

Typhlosion (Scope Lens)
Flamethrower
Sunnyday
Earthquake
Thunderpunch

Ok, the thunderpunch is just ghey... It won't do enough damage to be worth much on a water type. My starmie uses Surf, he's gone... Even my Meganium can take this jerk...

Dragonite
ThunderWave
Attract
Swagger
HeadButt

Annoying yes, but just switch out, poison the jerk, etc...

HazerDragon
Haze
OutRage
Safeguard
Wing Attack

Bleh, what a waste of a moveset for a dragonite =(

Umbreon (Leftovers), Toxic-Locker
Rest
Confuse Ray
Mean Look
Toxic

Not bad for an Umbreon, but, it's almost impossible to make a moveset that's bad for Umbreon... However, REST on Umbreon is just dumb... CR + Toxic is cruel when used with mean look. But, it's only good cause umbreon is a good pkmn.

In the end, this team totally sucks... He thinks it's invincible? HA! For a team to be even "remotely" invincible it needs a Snorlax...

Jolteon X
I put my finger up Dweedle's butt and then in my mouth
Member # 284

Member Rated:
posted 10-12-2003 03:08 PM      Profile for Jolteon X   Email Jolteon X   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah what a jerk damn ive never seen a jerkier jerk what the FUCK

- - - - -
w
h
a
t
s
u
p

From: Heck: The hell of minor sins | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
EspeonTrainer
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 3724

Member Rated:
posted 10-28-2004 09:18 PM      Profile for EspeonTrainer   Author's Homepage   Email EspeonTrainer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would say he has a pretty good team it sounds like. What i'm wondering is what moves he uses first. The one problem is that he may let "sucess" go to his head and be beaten. Once at school i battled a guy that had really strong pokemon. His one flaw was that he didnt use any items and i beat him with my pokemon. What i'm saying is that it depends on what moves/items you use.

- - - - -
My pokemon team:
Seadra Lv. 44
Beautifly Lv. 41
Skitty Lv. 66
Altaria Lv. 57
Vulpix Lv. 57
Gardevoir Lv. 58

From: Traveling around the world collecting pokemon | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokmon Laboratory

2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.