The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » ruby and sapp.zip

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: ruby and sapp.zip
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2002 11:13 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.taikio.de/Rom/pokemon%20ruby.zip

http://www.taikio.de/Rom/pokemon%20sapp.zip

Trust me, I have NO idea what these files are, I saw these links in a chatroom, sounded interesting, anyone know what they are?

wink wink cough MK out...

Anthrax
Ultimate Authoritative Power in the Universe
Member # 335

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2002 11:16 PM      Profile for Anthrax   Author's Homepage   Email Anthrax   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WTF ARE YOU KIDDING MK

THESE ARE FUCKING VIRUSES THANKS ALOT

From: Somebody put shit in my pants! | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-20-2002 11:37 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On a "completly related note" the newest PokéRoms for some reason won't play on emulators, but, we can rip the sprites from them...

Maybe they have a failsafe that make emulators refuse to play them...

Wizzymoto
Farting Nudist
Member # 60

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 01:14 AM      Profile for Wizzymoto   Email Wizzymoto   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aren't ruby and sapphire just red and blue?

Lazy bums.

From: Irvine, CA, USA | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 03:44 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Aheh.

That ROM is an elaborate fake.

No, seriously, if you disassembled it and knew shit about assembly, you'd see that there's no code that an emulator can emulate except a simple infinite loop, which looks like it's a ROM protection.

Except, there's nothing beyond that but some conviently placed sprites and garbage data to bulk up the file.

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
Crimzonite
Farting Nudist
Member # 307

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 05:20 AM      Profile for Crimzonite     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tghost:
Aheh.

That ROM is an elaborate fake.

No, seriously, if you disassembled it and knew shit about assembly, you'd see that there's no code that an emulator can emulate except a simple infinite loop, which looks like it's a ROM protection.

Except, there's nothing beyond that but some conviently placed sprites and garbage data to bulk up the file.

This brings up a question. There are several people trying to break into this ROM because they believe that Nintendo had put some anti-piracy programs into it. They believe these phantom programs are preventing them from playing the games. Should we tell them or let them figure it out for themselves?
Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 05:30 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, if I could tell that from some simple poking around and confirm it with some people more knowledgable, anybody who would succeed at trying to remove the 'protection' would realise it's protecting nothing.

- - - - -

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 07:06 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Before I look like a complete and utter idiot, may we all credit the brilliant job Gamefreak did of screwing with thier ROM to make it harder to emulate. Then, let us all cheer for the person who posted a link to this file - http://vroom.ods.org/pokemon_sapphire_fix.zip - uncredited, on a German ROM board. Then, let us all download the Sapphire ROM above, patch it, and play some Pokemon.

Helpful hint - press Select twice when you get to name something to get the English alphabet. Becuase of this, I'm now the proud owner of a Pochiena named Blake, a Treecko named Treck and one of them racoon Pokemon named Coon, originally enough.

So, have fun bungling around, but, don't worry, a translation effort has already began with some reasonably skillfull / Japanese-literate people, although it is on a board that is still thinking those ROMs are an elaborate fake...

- - - - -

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 07:58 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now, if my damn University comp would d/l the stupid thing so I could mail it home...

It doesn't help that my ISP is having router problems...

Gah, and I want to play Sapphire so damn bad it's not funny.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
dr.steelix
Farting Nudist
Member # 2734

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 08:56 AM      Profile for dr.steelix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This is a happy day.

- - - - -
i am sorry

Sniper404
Farting Nudist
Member # 2562

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 10:42 AM      Profile for Sniper404   Email Sniper404   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WHERE DO YOU GET THE POKEGEAR>
Lark84
My skeleton is made of creamy nougat.
Member # 1186

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 02:47 PM      Profile for Lark84     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone know of a GBA emulator for Mac OS X? I don't wanna miss the fun...

[edit:] Aaaaw, crap. The patch above is an .exe file... they don't run on Macs...

*waits patiently until Ruby/Sapphire is officially released in Sweden*

[ 11-21-2002, 02:49 PM: Message edited by: Lark84 ]

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 03:53 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I finally got a workin Ruby and Saph, but, I use an IBM compatible machine...
Coxy
Hulkamania has run wild over me.
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 07:55 PM      Profile for Coxy   Email Coxy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lark84:

Either Boycott Advance or Visual Boy Advance, but you'll need a G4.

- - - - -
I love nintendolover, but only in a strictly platonic sense.

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 10:30 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For those of you who can't figure out how the heck to play it, DL was kind enough to provide us with a short FAQ on preparing the game.

This FAQ rated arrrr.

Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 11-21-2002 10:40 PM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hm...how exactly do you save, or more liek, "LOAD" your game?

I saved the game like you would normally do, and it showed a backpack lying on the ground(image).
It also created a .sav file, so I'm pretty sure it saved...but I can't seem to load it. [Frown]

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 11-22-2002 10:24 AM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um..there's a save menu in the menu screen. IIRC, it's below the item/backpack option.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 11-22-2002 04:21 PM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I KNOW how to save, I can't figure out how to load the game.
When I start the game, all I get are New Game and Options.

Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2002 01:04 AM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Noooooo...I'm talking about saving and loading the friggin' game via the in-game menus!

Help...plz? [Mad]

[ 11-23-2002, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Rei the Giant Koffing ]

Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 11-23-2002 12:16 PM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rei- Visual Boy Advance (the one I'm using) loads up the battery automatically when the game starts. It even says 'loading battery' and you can see your 'continue' file on the first menu screen.
~Uiru

[ 11-23-2002, 12:17 PM: Message edited by: Uiru ]

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Gary Oak
Farting Nudist
Member # 1028

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2002 08:10 PM      Profile for Gary Oak     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there a FAQ or guide up anywhere for Ruby/Sapphire yet? I forgot how to read Japanese.

- - - - -
"You think it is done, you think all is well. Well kiss my green ass I shall see you in hell."

AIM: GRISH81

From: Roselle, Illinois | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Eaichu250
Farting Nudist
Member # 826

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2002 09:33 PM      Profile for Eaichu250   Email Eaichu250   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Coxy:
quote:
Originally posted by Lark84:

Either Boycott Advance or Visual Boy Advance, but you'll need a G4.
You'll actually need something stronger then a G4, since it still runs mediocre on the best emulator currently avaiable.

Which reminds me, I have to check around for any updates on the current emulators for Mac OS.

- - - - -
lol

From: Perth Amboy, NJ | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
dr.steelix
Farting Nudist
Member # 2734

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2002 04:26 PM      Profile for dr.steelix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey guys i am using a mac macs are really cool, and i can also play nes and gameboy games on it, no wait i can't, too slow :---( i guess i will have to use my gba with a nes emulator like pocketnes

- - - - -
i am sorry

Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 07:37 AM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Y'know, everyone's always saying that ROMs are illegal, but has anyone ever actually been arrested for them?

I can't recall hearing of such an event.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 12:07 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Legal, Illegal, that is only the foolish perception of humans, try skilled trainers should try to download their favorites...
EspeonNidoking
warcraft 3
Member # 2028

posted 11-26-2002 01:53 PM      Profile for EspeonNidoking   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dr.steelix:
hey guys i am using a mac macs are really cool, and i can also play nes and gameboy games on it

[ 11-26-2002, 01:56 PM: Message edited by: EspeonNidoking ]

- - - - -
"Yeah, my pubic hair has dollar signs trimmed in it!

$$Bling Bling$$" ~Jman

From: Summit,New Jersey, Tampa, Fl, and Rindge, NH | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 11-26-2002 07:49 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
boo @ MK for bastardizing a Karen quote.

There will be a horse's head in your bed when you wake up tomorrow.

Edit: SHE'S ON FIRE!

Oh, and EN wins again.

[ 11-26-2002, 07:52 PM: Message edited by: Donald ]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.