The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Help editing FEMALE DVs please!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Help editing FEMALE DVs please!
Kodachi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2461

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2002 08:40 PM      Profile for Kodachi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I want a code for Gold to help me edit the genes of some of my female pokemon. My question is: What is the code to get my female pokemon to have the max DVs for a female pokemon? I mean I have codes to edit DVs, but they always seem to change the gender to male when I try to make the females better. So can anyone help me get the max DVs for female pokemon? Thanks a bunch.

- - - - -

Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2002 11:05 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The number in question depends on the species.

Use the gender ratios in Nick's breeding FAQ to find the variable you need.

Note: I had to link to the Gold/Silver page on GFAQs because Ceejus doesn't like people linking directly to FAQs.

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kodachi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2461

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2002 11:49 PM      Profile for Kodachi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't know how to apply the variable or any sort of code for this, I am new to the Gameshark. Would you be able to help me get the exact code for a female Blastoise at best possible stats? I would really appreciate some help with this code. Thanks.

- - - - -

White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2002 11:16 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The max genes for a female Blastoise are 1FFF.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Kodachi
Farting Nudist
Member # 2461

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2002 06:43 PM      Profile for Kodachi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How do I apply this 1FF? What is the code used with this? I really appreciate help with this code.

- - - - -

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2002 05:54 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok, the codes are actually on the site, near the main page for RBY, and for metallic you need to hunt around.

Like to here:

011F3FDA
01FF40DA

Here's the quick breakdown:

1- You put these codes on, but you leave the gameshark switch off. Whenever you turn the gameshark switch on, you write the values to memory. Which values where? Well, the 01 is just there, and it means write value. There are other values, but they don't matter.

The genes of a pokemon are two bytes: one is the attack and defense gene, the other is the speed and special gene. The hitpoint gene is derived from these four. Each gene, therefore, is four bits long (eight bits in a byte, two bytes is 16 bits, 16/4=4).

The address of the genes is DA3F in metallic. This means that the gameshark writes it as 3FDA.

A gameshark code is this:

01 XX LL HH

Where the XX is the data to be written, and HHLL is the full hex address you want to write to (H is high and L is low).

So when you are told to set the genes to 1FFF, you find where the gene starts (by checking, say Gamefaqs, or some of my old posts, or just this forum in general, or a guide), and that byte is supposed to by 1F and the next one is supposed to be FF.

All the codes are written to modify the top monster (first in party). You can actually find codes for all the others pretty easy, and some FAQs are stuffed with them... but you really don't care. The big pain is entering numbers, so if I wanted to modify ten monsters I would just set it up for the first box and just keep resetting, probably.

Anyway, so power on, enter codes, monster to be modded to top, GS switch on, GS switch off, verify code went correct, save, do not eat gameboy.

- - - - -
Subject: Ninja and Opensource

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.