The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » male lugias female nidoran males and genderless persian?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: male lugias female nidoran males and genderless persian?
PersianRocks
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2987

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2002 04:41 PM      Profile for PersianRocks     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is there a code that can let you have Pokemon in genders that they dont usually come in, like a male lugia, a feamle nidoran male, or an unown gender persian? a good friend of mine says there is one like that but he doesn't know what it is.

- - - - -
OMAE O KOROSU!!!!!!

From: Team Rocket HQ | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Kid Vid2
I am a tub of earwax.
Member # 2514

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2002 05:29 PM      Profile for Kid Vid2   Email Kid Vid2   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gender is determined mainly by your Attack DV, I believe. If it's below a certain number, depending on the Pokemon, (different Pokemon have a different number for determination of gender) it will be female. The only way to get a gender you normally couldn't (Like a male Chansey) would be to directly edit the way the game reads the DVs, and I'm not sure how to do that, if it is possible.

- - - - -
Clecky: waiting for things while on acid is weird
Clecky: beccause
Clecky: i lost that train of thought

From: cardbord box :((((((((((((( | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2002 09:32 AM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, some genders are ALWAYS male (like Tauros) and ALWAYS female (like Chansey). Furthermore, some Pokemon have it set so that the Attack DVs required for a Pokemon to be a certain gender are different from other species. For example, a Machop would have to have a SERIOUSLY crappy Attack DV to be female, while a Jigglypuff must have a masssively high Attack DV to be male.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 08-10-2002 04:08 AM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PersianRocks:
Is there a code that can let you have Pokemon in genders that they dont usually come in, like a male lugia, a feamle nidoran male, or an unown gender persian? a good friend of mine says there is one like that but he doesn't know what it is.

If you are referring to GameShark codes, I believe your good friend is incorrect. Experiments done long ago seemed to indicate that such a code does not and cannot exist, not even to set the gender temporarily. The closest thing you can do is use a text-screen-spot code to mask the spot where the current battling Pokemon's gender is displayed.

A Game Genie, however, can change genders in this way.

- - - - -
-hanzou

cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2002 06:00 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Really? I would think that there would be code that says IF monster.attack > monster.species.threshold THEN tempmonster.sex = male.

Well, it would have to be a tad more complex to through out the neuters, but still.

In order for what you say to be true, this is how it would have to work: they would have had to write a getsex function (oh my, I wrote that with a straight face, I am some dork) that would perform that calculation and give back a value (0,1,2) to tell the game what symbol to display and how to react with the sex based attacks. Since the function would be in ROM and the value would be local (or just temporary) you couldn't track it down on a shark... though it would still be possible, in theory.

Wacky.

Good info, by the way.

- - - - -
Subject: Ninja and Opensource

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged
Cheater
Farting Nudist
Member # 216

posted 10-25-2002 03:00 PM      Profile for Cheater        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
right. these kinds of temporary values do exist, and they can even be tracked down with the use of an emulator.

but values of such fine-grain usage end up being stored in registers, and not the main RAM, hence they cannot be altered by use of a gameshark.

[ 10-25-2002, 03:01 PM: Message edited by: Cheater ]

- - - - -
KIRBY - A mascot for the NINTENDO company, recently found out to be a real POKéMON. Related to JIGGLYPUFF.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.