The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » All Shiny Pokemon Male?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All Shiny Pokemon Male?
PersianRocks
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2987

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2002 03:08 AM      Profile for PersianRocks     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is it a coincidence or are all shiny pokemon (exept for ones that are always female or genderless) male? Everytime I Trun one a female pokemon shiny via gameshark, it turns male. Is ther a code to turn it shiny and have 'em stay female?

- - - - -
OMAE O KOROSU!!!!!!

From: Team Rocket HQ | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2002 10:20 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shiny pokémon can be male or female -- the code you've been entering via gameshark most likely assigned the pokémon shiny genes with a Male attack gene ( above 7 ). If you switch the first variable value of your code to 1, (I think 1 is a shinizing attack gene....) then you should start catching female shinies, and their HPs should be about 15 points higher than their male counterparts after being raised.

can anyone back me up on this?

PersianRocks
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2987

Member Rated:
posted 08-07-2002 12:09 PM      Profile for PersianRocks     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks. The part about the female attack gene being lower than 7 was a helpful hint. I did some expermanting and found out that you can turn a pokemon female and shiny by Using this code

013a3fda
01aa3fda

- - - - -
OMAE O KOROSU!!!!!!

From: Team Rocket HQ | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 08-08-2002 09:43 PM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First off, those codes are for Gold/Silver, and they are editing the same location, which is like...no.

it should be
013A3FDA
01AA40DA

In the second code, the 3rd and 4th digits MUST BE AA to make a shiny. But in the first, only the 4th digit needs to be A. The 3rd digit can be any of: 2,3,6,7,A,B,E,F and still yield a shiny pokemon. Gender-wise, it depends on the species of critter, usually a 7 would yield a female, but in others you'd need to go as far down as 3, and yet in others it is impossible to have a female shiny as the females of the species have a 1 or 0 in attack (examples: Eevee, Bulbasaur, etc.)

the same codes for Crystal are:
013AF4DC
01AAF5DC

From: I hope you explode violently tomorrow. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
cfalcon
OLDNBLD
Member # 19

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2002 06:08 AM      Profile for cfalcon   Email cfalcon   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yea, your bits have to be:

XX1X 1010 1010 1010

So that means that if a monster has a male threshold of 2 (everything 2 or above is male) then you can't get a shiny female.

I think that sucks, but whatever.

Anyway, I'm going to post the incomplete thing with metallic codes soon.

Well, I'll ask K to post it when I email it to him.

- - - - -
Subject: Ninja and Opensource

From: 39°45' N, 104°52' W | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.