The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Some Codes for Fun...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Some Codes for Fun...
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-13-2002 10:50 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I would really like to know the following GS codes for GS O_o
1) The code to change each of the starting Pokemon, with some xxs so I can put in whatever...
2) Always on bike code
3) Change a move code
4) Fight any Pokemon, wild and trainer
5) Float on air code
6) Max stat codes, with an explanation of what's what
7) Codes to edit opponent's stats (DVs and actual values, if possible)
8) Change a species code, I still want the different starter code, however
9)Change my money code
10)Cause opponent status, with multiple options
11)Buy anything in mart
12)Edit items and how many of them
13)This one is doomed to bad luck, but anything else fun to do.
And I really need to know how to make codes out of memory locations, and find memory locations from codes.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 07-14-2002 12:54 PM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Most of the codes that you speak of are on GSCCC, http://www.cmgsccc.com
The remaining ones are mentioned in my FAQ from a year ago, link

There is no code to change _each_ of the starting pokemon. That would be something done with a Game Genie or ROM editing, but you can't use a GameShark code for that kind of thing. There _might_ be a code to change the starter pokemon when you pick it, and you wouldn't be able to distinguish the three spots. To my knowledge, the equivalent of "float on air" has not been found in Gold/Silver/Crystal--the next best thing is the "jump" code in my FAQ. For (6), see the topic "Max stats for monkeys". As for (10), it seems somehow I left that out of my FAQ, but the way to work out those codes is to take the "enemy always burned & asleep" code on GSCCC and experiment to find different values for freezing, poison, etc.

As for converting GameShark codes to memory locations, I'm guessing this is another thing that Meowth346 gave you vague answers on eh? Okay, well fine I'll provide some info here. Take a GameShark code AABBCCDD. For our example we'll use 01A6CFD1.
AA: Must always be 01 or 91 for a working code. In this case we have 01.
BB: Value that we wish to write into the address. In this case we have hex A6 (decimal 166), so if this code were to change a pokemon's level, it would change it to 166.
CC & DD: First off, swap things around a bit. CFD1 --> D1CF. Okay now take D1CF. That's a memory address of a sort. If you just add/subtract the appropriate offset (a certain number, but I'm sorry I can't tell you what that number is) you'll get the corresponding memory address in NO$GMB. The same technique works to get the corresponding byte address in a save file. Now jshadias, your task is to go and find those offsets.

Okay I think I covered all fourteen things that you asked for.

[ 01-13-2005, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: hanzou ]

- - - - -
-hanzou

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-14-2002 09:09 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
First off: Your link is broken. I can find some of the needed codes on the other site, though their just poke and item editing, not very fun. I cannot determine the offset because I don't yet know what the default values are and such. I have also not yet figured out the Pokedex format. I'll be making a short ASP program to take the text hex dump I made and convert it using a custom form of table, so I will be able to work on it easier and out markers on what each location is.

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 07-18-2002 11:46 AM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No, the link isn't broken. The link would be broken if the error you got was "404 not found". I believe the error you got was "you are not authorized to view this page". It's due to some odd security with redirecting from Azure Heights. Simply press the F5 key to refresh the page and it should show up. If that doesn't work, type the URL directly into your browser.

If none of those methods work, use the alternate site: http://tbp.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/pokegsgs.txt

I have no idea what you're talking about with you not knowing the default values. You definitely have enough information to figure out the offset on your own now.

- - - - -
-hanzou

dr.steelix
Farting Nudist
Member # 2734

Member Rated:
posted 07-18-2002 01:24 PM      Profile for dr.steelix     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tried to make experiments with gameshark in no$gmb with Pokemon Blue, and found out that it is possible to change values from C000h to DFFFh, which is the address space that belongs to gameboy internal RAM, and it did the same thing with both 01 and 91 in the code's first value.

Please enlighten us Master hanzou. [Frown]

[ 07-18-2002, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: dr.steelix ]

- - - - -
i am sorry

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.