The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Monster Brain code request...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Monster Brain code request...
Ice Kingdra
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2271

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2002 02:53 PM      Profile for Ice Kingdra        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Does anyone, by chance, know the modifier codes to create shiny Pokémon for Monster Brain? I was trying to figure this out, but I have a one in 255 chance...so, does anyone know?

This is in the 'Gender/Type' Box.

Thank you in advance.

From: I'm not sure... | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 07-08-2002 03:09 PM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ice Kingdra:
Does anyone, by chance, know the modifier codes to create shiny Pokémon for Monster Brain? I was trying to figure this out, but I have a one in 255 chance...so, does anyone know?

This is in the 'Gender/Type' Box.

Thank you in advance.

If you are running Windows, download http://tbp.berkeley.edu/~jdonald/pokemon/gs2mb.exe and enter the corresponding GameShark codes for shininess (01EA3FDA and 01AA40DA on gold/silver, 01EAF4DA and 01AAF5DA on crystal) into the program to give you their Monster Brain equivalents.

Sorry I can't reply with the complete answer because I'm working from a Solaris Sparc machine.

[ 07-08-2002, 03:17 PM: Message edited by: hanzou ]

- - - - -
-hanzou

Ice Kingdra
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2271

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2002 03:24 PM      Profile for Ice Kingdra        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It says I don't have the OLEACC.DLL file, so I can't run it.
hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 07-08-2002 04:58 PM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ice Kingdra:
It says I don't have the OLEACC.DLL file, so I can't run it.

Oh sorry about that. I'm guessing you are running Windows 95 or an outdated version of Windows 98. You need to download and install Microsoft Active Accessibility first. The link is: http://msdn.microsoft.com/downloads/list/Accessibility.asp Sorry for the inconvenience.

[ 01-13-2005, 10:19 PM: Message edited by: hanzou ]

- - - - -
-hanzou

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2002 04:58 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ice Kingdra, I have a monster brain so let me share my experiences with you:

Yes, even with that program, that lets your turn Gameshark codes into POKES (which is what the MB calls GS codes) I have tried to use ones that edit your pkmn (make them shiny, etc...) and, they won't work...

But, there still is somewhat hope. The Gender/Type Box. It's been so long, I barely remember what DVs even make a shiny Pokémon, but, with the gender/type box, if I remember correctly, you can edit the ATTACK and DEFENSE dv's only. So, if you got a pkmn with the correct special and speed for shinyness, but not attack and defense, then you're set...

The gender/type value is in numerical form, it goes up to 255. The hexadecimal equivilent is what makes the DV's for attack and defense. If you don't know how hexadecimal works, run Window's calculation, it's probably under

c:\windows\calc.exe

First, put it in scientific mode, by going VIEW-SCIENTIFIC

Now, enter the number you want to try in the gender box, let's just say 137 for fun. Enter 137 in the window's calc (make sure it is in DEC mode)

Now, once you entered 137, switch it to HEX mode. You get 89. This means that the attack DV will now be 8 and the defense DV will now be 9.

This can also work backwards, say you KNOW what DV's you want, let's say you want FA (which is 15 and 10) {In HEX, to use numbers above 9, you go A B C D E F so who system go

0123456789ABCDEF }

Anyway, to work backwards, be in HEX mode, enter FA, then click DEC. You get 250! And that is what you'd enter in the gender box to get attack DV of 15 and a defense DV of 10.

Remember to save changes to ur pkmn when done.

Good luck =)

hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 07-08-2002 05:58 PM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
Yes, even with that program, that lets your turn Gameshark codes into POKES (which is what the MB calls GS codes) I have tried to use ones that edit your pkmn (make them shiny, etc...) and, they won't work...

Oh really? Ahh I didn't know that at all, though I guess it makes sense now, since none of the pokes on the Pelican Accessories website are for editing pokemon. They're all for changing stuff like the phonebook or which trainers have been defeated--stuff that occurs only in the higher part of the RAM. Perhaps the Monster Brain just doesn't allow pokes to affect the lower part of the RAM.

Good tip on using the gender/type box, MK.

- - - - -
-hanzou

Ice Kingdra
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2271

Member Rated:
posted 07-08-2002 09:59 PM      Profile for Ice Kingdra        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Very Interesting...but how exactly would I know if my speed and special were good for being shiny?
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2002 01:23 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's a few ways to find out DV's. Essentially what you'd need is for the special and speed DV to both be 10 (or A in hexadecimal)

It doesn't matter what attack and defense is because you can change that to your liking using MonsterBrain...

Probably the best way to calculate your DVs is to do the following. As SOON as you get your Pokémon, do not let it be in any battles. If it has any experience from battles at all, it can/will throw off the results. Rare Candy it up to level 50, or, stick it in daycare till it's at level 50. Now, compare it's stats to that of it's base stats (don't worry if you don't know what I'm talking about. Meowth346 has some great programs on his website to help you calculate DV's.)

http://www.geocities.com/Meowth346/forever.htm

Go download Meowth's programs. And, it is still possible to calculate DV's on a Pokémon that has already been raised. To calculate DV's succesfully, the Pokémon must be either

1) Just caught (no battle experience)
2) Fully trained (been in tons of battles and has received all the STAT EXP it can)

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2002 01:27 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Note: There are some other ways to calculate DV's other ways... so, if you need more help let us know...

- - - - -
But keep the flames to yourself, please. I'm too old to have any tolerance for infantile crap like that. +P -Cori

Ice Kingdra
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2271

Member Rated:
posted 07-09-2002 03:13 PM      Profile for Ice Kingdra        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, I do understand what you mean, but...there's no need for this to be complicated. I have a shiny Jynx from my Crystal version that I traded over to Gold. I then changed Jynx into a Scizor using the Monster Brain. The Shiny status stayed intact. Using the '#6' glitch, you can create infinite shining Pokemon. [Smile]

The number six glitch is---

Put the Shiny Pokemon in the sixth slot and save. Then, deposit it, and save again. Now, deposit the rest of your party, except for one. Now, go into Monster Brain (save your game FIRST!) and choose 'Edit Monsters'. Now, if you pick the second slot, it should have the 'ghost' data of the shiny Pokemon, allowing you to change the species and keep the shinyness intact.

Now, if I could figure out how to get PokéRus on the members of my team...

jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-10-2002 09:36 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just wondering... If you deposit one of your Pokemon, does it erase the data for that Pokemon out of your party? I.e., you deposit your 6th Pokemon and the values are set back to default as well as the party number thingy being reduced?

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 07-11-2002 11:06 AM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by jshadias:
Just wondering... If you deposit one of your Pokemon, does it erase the data for that Pokemon out of your party? I.e., you deposit your 6th Pokemon and the values are set back to default as well as the party number thingy being reduced?

Yes as I recall, the data is erased. On R/B/Y, the data is more or less half-corrupted. If the data stayed in tact, I would have highlighted this as a technique for cloning pokemon, but alas that doesn't work.

- - - - -
-hanzou

Ice Kingdra
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2271

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2002 06:32 PM      Profile for Ice Kingdra        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But, since we're talking about Monster Brain right now, it does indeed work. But, the only drawback is that it's only for the sixth Pokémon. I find it to be a perfect match with Pokémon Stadium 2's Oak's Lab. Why? Because using the built-in memory card of the Monster Brain, you can use multiple back-upped games to take infinite Pokémon from any file you might have. In my case, my younger sister's Gold file (half of the Pokémon on her game are all old ones I gave her. They're mine again!) And you do whatever you need to. [Smile]
jshadias
Farting Nudist
Member # 2710

Member Rated:
posted 07-15-2002 06:58 PM      Profile for jshadias   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you people not know about the box duplication trick? Get a team of six shinies, edit them ot different pokes, lather, rinse, and repeat.

[ 07-15-2002, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: jshadias ]

- - - - -
What Nintendo doesn't want you to know
Uiru: "Now that we're all used to the rules, clauses and by-laws... what would happen to the metagame if every one of them were whipped away?"
GP-Chan: "id probably quit every battle, and not just every other battle."
ThumbsOfSteel: "Why, because they broke the rules?"

Ice Kingdra
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2271

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2002 03:54 PM      Profile for Ice Kingdra        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's how I started until I discovered the #6 glitch---it's MUCH faster.

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.