next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » 72D1

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 72D1
Blade Sabre
Farting Nudist
Member # 2858

Member Rated:
posted 06-04-2002 09:47 AM      Profile for Blade Sabre     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In Red and Blue, it's the address between the Pokemon's species and its attacks, but what does it do?

- - - - -
runescaped@yahoo.co.uk

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 06-04-2002 10:20 AM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah, yes, 72D1. This would be George Lucas' new and updated Droid, a companion to the widely popular R2D2.

[ 06-04-2002, 10:22 AM: Message edited by: IceHawk78 ]

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-04-2002 11:58 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
had to come home and scour my excel notes to find this one. i believe it's the value used to determine how difficult a pokémon is to catch with a pokéball, but i'm not sure why it's kept after a pokémon is caught. it doesn't change when your pokémon evolves. a metapod you evolved from a caterpie will still have a catch variable of 255, while a wild metapod you just caught will show 120.

mew is easier to catch than snorlax. the three legendary birds are just as difficult to catch as mewtwo. i found that odd, especially the mew.

since you're asking about this, does that mean it's the only thing you need to complete the entire pokémon data block? i still can't figure out 6ed1, myself. i've never even seen it filled with anything.

Tghost
Farting Nudist
Member # 1418

Member Rated:
posted 06-05-2002 01:58 AM      Profile for Tghost   Author's Homepage   Email Tghost   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's also used by GSC for the item attached to a Pokemon traded over from RBY....Meowth346 has a page on it somewhere...

http://www.geocities.com/meowth346/gs/Training/Items/Capsule_Items.htm

- - - - -
My brain went on vacation and left my pancreas in charge

From: Auckland, New Zealand | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged
spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-05-2002 10:43 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*click* so that's how g/s/c keeps track of the item held by a tradeback. i foresee trading pokéys with surprise masterballs and other useful items attached in the near future... ^_~

now that you mention it, i do recall reading that on his page somewhere. he did mention that the item did not change when you evolved the pokémon. sounds like we've got it.

no ideas on 6ed1 from anyone? anyone?

Blade Sabre
Farting Nudist
Member # 2858

Member Rated:
posted 06-05-2002 11:16 AM      Profile for Blade Sabre     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks everyone.

I think it does complete the Pokemon data block.
I'm in the habit of using my Action Replay to copy each of my level 100 Pokemon onto a sheet of paper : ). If something goes wrong with my future sharking, I can restore them. If I don't know what a variable does, I need to take it in case it's useful.

6ED1 is equal to the Pokemon's level, 8CD1.
Changing it appears to have no effect.

[ 06-05-2002, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Blade Sabre ]

- - - - -
runescaped@yahoo.co.uk

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-05-2002 01:21 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
funny. as i said, i've never seen 6ed1 filled, it's always empty. =\
Blade Sabre
Farting Nudist
Member # 2858

Member Rated:
posted 06-05-2002 04:23 PM      Profile for Blade Sabre     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wierd.

By empty, do you mean 00?

- - - - -
runescaped@yahoo.co.uk

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-05-2002 04:29 PM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
00. always.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-05-2002 08:34 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is 6ED1 something all Pokémon you capture have or is it a value in the game itself that never gets addressed as far as we can tell?

- - - - -
Perhaps lost in all the controversy over the film is the fact that James Baskett, a Black man, was the very first live actor ever hired by Disney. Allegedly, though, Baskett was unable to attend the film's premiere in Atlanta because no hotel would give him a room

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 06-05-2002 11:46 PM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Did anyone try altering it and then trading to metallics?

Perhaps it was just something that they put in for future games as a storage bloc. Kinda like the 'item held' variable.

Blade Sabre
Farting Nudist
Member # 2858

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2002 04:22 AM      Profile for Blade Sabre     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RED AND BLUE

MK -

6ED1 belongs to the 1st Pokemon in your team. The others in the team will have different addresses.

spunman -

OK, I did some research.
A Pokemon that's never been in the PC will have 00.
All Pokemon you take out of the PC will have their own level there.
Giving it a rare candy does not change 6ED1 until you put it back in the PC.
This is likely for normal levelling as well.

I then tested all of these on one Pokemon.
captured a lvl 5 Pidgey - 00
in-out the PC - 05
rare candy - 05
in-out the PC - 06

- - - - -
runescaped@yahoo.co.uk

spunman
Farting Nudist
Member # 1181

posted 06-08-2002 07:29 AM      Profile for spunman        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
excellent! ^_^

odd, i was sure i'd checked boxed pokémon before. guess i thought wrong. gee, that's never happened before... </sarcasm>

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 06-08-2002 08:29 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Excellent Work Blade Sabre...

- - - - -
Yeah, the mayor cut Navi in half. It's the weirdest show. -Dark Zora

Blade Sabre
Farting Nudist
Member # 2858

Member Rated:
posted 06-09-2002 08:58 AM      Profile for Blade Sabre     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

- - - - -
runescaped@yahoo.co.uk

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.