The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Hacking Gameshark Snapshots

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hacking Gameshark Snapshots
IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 05-31-2002 09:47 AM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ai. Well, I was screwing around with mah lil' bros. new computer hookup thingie and decided to try and alter the snapshot files.

I got the files up on my computer, and after screwing around to see if I could figure out the format, I wrote a small program that changed the name of my character. Or I think it did.

However, once I got to putting the snapshot back on the computer, I sent the old snap to be sure that the new one did't fuck things up too much... Little did I know that simply sending an UNALTERED snapshot would fuck your game up.

Soooo....

I now have one (1) gameshark that does absolutely nothing. At all. When you go to load the game, with the gameshark in, it does one of two things, depending upon which system you load it up in:
It either
1)Does the gay little Nintendo thingie, then the screen goes blank and nothing else happens (GBC/GBA)
2)Or it Does the old Nintendo scroll down thingie, and then stays stuck at Nintendo at the middle of the screen.

So, my questions to you guys are (1) Has anyone ever already cracked the gs/snapshot system? and (2) Can I fix the damned gameshark by any means of my own (short of getting a new one)?

If you guys can help, erm... well... I'd be really happy, and... uhh... I'll give out 5's. Sure, that's what I'll do, I give out 5's. Or Pr0n. Whichever one you want. (Sorry, I had to think of something to get help!)

hanzou
Farting Nudist
Member # 1385

posted 07-05-2002 11:53 AM      Profile for hanzou   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I once suggested that someone could create a tool to quickly create teams for GameShark 3.1 save files, and this would save a lot of time spent on sharking up teams. Save-file hacking for emulators or stuff like this has never been too hard.

However, I stopped playing with this pokemon stuff, and I haven't heard of anyone doing such GameShark 3.1 snapshot hacking.

The GameShark 3.1 has some reprogrammability feature in it. Unfortunately, the reprogrammable stuff has the ability to get messed up for no good reason, rendering the GameShark useless. The device is kind of buggy overall too. Mlmiddleton once told me that Interact just stopped responding to requests for how to fix GameSharks with this problem, and I don't know if this situation has changed by now. So I think the only solution might be to get a replacement. Perhaps Interact will be willing to replace it free of charge.

I wrecked my first GameShark 3.1 within two days of purchase, so I was able to go back and get it exchanged for a new one at Toys R Us.

- - - - -
-hanzou

scizor21394
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2201

Member Rated:
posted 07-16-2002 11:51 AM      Profile for scizor21394   Email scizor21394      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
is that in the GBA gameshark cuz mine is (insert cencered word here) up too

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.