The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Uh oh...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Uh oh...
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2002 12:03 AM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I was playing Crystal this afternoon, when I needed to pull out my resident HM whore (Gyarados) for some activity. When I went to withdraw him, the box where he was contained only two Pokemon that I had just deposited, costing me a Tangela, Jynx, Swinub, and my three HM-equipped Pokemon.

When I went to the previous box, the first couple of Pokemon had names of ????????????????, and the rest of them were a series of dashes. And the Pokemon were L0. (WTF?)

Freaked out, I reset the game, only to discover that the act of going to move Pokemon locked all the screwups in. [Mad] Thank Goddish for Mega Memory cards, as I had the file backed up, only losing 2 hours of gameplay.

And yes, this current file has touched a GameShark- at the beginning of the file (about 17 hours of play before), I GSed for full cash and the ability to buy Lucky Eggs.

So my question is: WTF happened? And is there anything I can do to prevent a reoccurance?

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2002 02:30 AM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That same damn thing happened to me. Wiped out half my boxes after duplicating some stuff with my day-care codes...
And I DON'T have a Mega Memory Card.... [Mad]
I had to re-shark up everything I lost that I wanted back. [Frown]
bleh.
It probably has something to do with crystal not liking gamesharks, as I know I've used all my codes correctly. Oh friggin' well. Hold tight to your Mega Memory card!

From: I hope you explode violently tomorrow. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
veloS
8=D~~O:
Member # 2636

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2002 06:17 AM      Profile for veloS     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't use a Shark in Crystal. I shark in Silver and then trade the sharked thingies to Crystal. Works the best, and with Stadium 2, trading goes much faster.

- - - - -
www.mightyrhapsody.com

Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 03-14-2002 10:15 PM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Something similar happened to me, but it went away after a night or two.

It happened after I got PokeRus.
Two of my boxes glinched up, causing many pokemon in them to vanish...and then replaced with L0-5 Ditto. The pokemon who were spared were transformed into other pokemon.

My Magnemite turned into a Pidgey. And a Muk came out of nowhere.
The pidgey had Magnemite's attacks, and the Muk only knew how to use Earthquake. [Eek!]

I just wish my Magnemite had some attacks like thunderbolt, but the only useful attack my Pidgey obtained was Thunder-wave. Oh well

Their names and OT were royally screwed up, and my other box still had most of its Pokes intact...except for their name/OT being glinched up like all the others.

I have an Eevee named CYTL. [Confused]
But other than that, nothing damaging.

A short while before then, while I was performing the Dup trick, my Snorlax became glinched and was showing up as a "steel"-type and had a "?????????????????" name.

When I tried to withdraw it from the box, my game would immediately freeze up.
I was finally able to withdraw it when I bought PS2.
But after I withdrew it, all the odd stuff disappeared but the name/ot were still screwed.

[Cool]

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.