The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Tentacool with Morning Sun!?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tentacool with Morning Sun!?
Killfable
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 1651

Rate Member
posted 03-02-2002 11:15 AM      Profile for Killfable   Email Killfable   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I assume this is the right forum for this; it's gotta come under "glitch".

Recently I restarted my Gold game with an eye to training up a sparkly Misdreavus I'd bred. I fetched the Old Rod from that fishing guy, deciding I needed a water type and L5 Magikarp would do if nothing else did. I was fishing in the water at the bottom of the Ruins of Alph.

I saw two Magikarp and then, to my great surprise, a Tentacool. I thought you could only catch Magikarp with an Old Rod? Anyway, to cut a long story short, a Cool is as good as a Karp at the early stages so I caught it.

When I looked at the moves, my new acquisition had:

Poison Sting
Morning Sun
---
---

My first thought was that it might be like the Kadabra-with-Kinesis thing in Yellow. But I checked on White Cat's Pokédex file and you can't even breed Morning Sun onto the things.

So, my questions...

1) Has anyone else ever caught/seen a Tentacool with Morning Sun?

2) I don't have Stadium 2; does anyone know if Morning Sun is listed illegal on Tentacool?

3) If so, is my Pokémon then illegal in tournaments?

4) And finally to the hackers and hex wizards... if there is no such thing as a Tentacool with Morning Sun (except on my cart! o_o) how could it have happened?

I don't own a Gameshark that works on G/S, and I certainly didn't have one plugged in when I caught my Tentacool. I've been training the Tentacool, and aside from Morning Sun it's just been learning the regular Tentacool moves.

Thanks for your time,

Mew lover 321
Farting Nudist
Member # 2541

Member Rated:
posted 03-02-2002 03:39 PM      Profile for Mew lover 321        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Could be either, it does have those jewel-light thingies. I'd guess glitch.

- - - - -
"Government employer looking for candidates. Criminal background required."

Found at the site "Things People Said"

From: The Orion Arm | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 03-04-2002 11:02 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
O_O

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 03-05-2002 12:26 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In G/S/C, the Old Rod can catch many water Pokémon - just at low levels. R/B/Y Old Rods only catch Magikarp.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Porygone
The Goatse Man
Member # 805

Member Rated:
posted 03-05-2002 01:47 PM      Profile for Porygone   Email Porygone   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Old Rod is just more likely to catch Magikarp. I myself have gotten Poliwag, Slowpoke, and Goldeen with the Old Rod.

- - - - -
YOU'RE WINNER!

From: Celadon City Gym | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.