The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » It's GONE!!! Argh, no! Please, help!!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's GONE!!! Argh, no! Please, help!!
CurtisWarner
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 160

Member Rated:
posted 12-28-2001 02:51 PM      Profile for CurtisWarner   Author's Homepage   Email CurtisWarner      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I'm in deep crud now.

I have no clue what happened... I was Mystery Gifting with my pal Mark, and I put my Gold game (along with over a year's worth of training and research) in his Gameboy and my brother's Silver game in my own. On Mark's Gmaeboy (my game) the Gameboy name flashed, as always, but stopped there: the Nintendo was slightly glitched, as used to happen on old games when they didn't work right. So, I pop it out, made sure it's clean, and put it back. The thin boots up, and...

NEW GAME
OPTIONS

NOOOOOOO!!!!! I tried putting it back in my Gameboy, playing it on Stadium, cleaning it (twice), but nothing's happened. It still tells me there's no saved game. I'm sure these things just don't randomly delete themselves without explanation (my brother's Blue got deleted, but it at least told him the file had corrupted), so I'm hoping it's still in there, but... Aw, crap, I looked all over your Sakaki board, and I couldn't find much of an answer for this. Is there a Shark code to force it into putting up the CONTINUE button? Is there some other way to fix it? Or am I simply screwed?

Denim... Well, I guess I could rebuild everything with my friend's Shark, but... Well, you know. Too much work gone into that game to rebuild in a day.

Anyway, I'd seriously owe you if anyone can help me out here. Thanks!

- - - - -
Turquoise Labs

From: Turquoise City, Isuto | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 12-28-2001 05:46 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My red version got deleted the exact same way. How many hours did you have? I had 255:00 (it would have gone farther, had it not been for 255 being the base number in the game). I'm beginning to wonder if the internal clock for some reason deletes your game if you've spent enough gameplay?
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Frogjedi
Farting Nudist
Member # 772

Member Rated:
posted 12-29-2001 01:31 AM      Profile for Frogjedi   Author's Homepage   Email Frogjedi   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My current Cart has 335 hours on it.

- - - - -
-"Never argue with an idiot. They just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

From: I'm filing. Oh yes I'm filing. | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 12-29-2001 10:25 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To answer your question, there's not much you can do right now. Just make sure you don't use your brother's GB anymore. You never know what's in there

You might also consider a MegaMem in case this happens again. I'd say Shark up what you can remember from your old file, then immediately save to the MegaMem.

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
CurtisWarner
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 160

Member Rated:
posted 12-29-2001 11:39 PM      Profile for CurtisWarner   Author's Homepage   Email CurtisWarner      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Is everyone here completely sure there's no way to force a CONTINUE onto that menu? If there's a chance left, I don't want to mess with it. I'm glad I have all my important Pokémon documented well enough, though.

I've never seen a Mega Memory in stores, but I'll have to look harder, I guess. Stinks living way out in the boonies like this, my friends Mark and Cory are the only guys I know with GBCs that I actually see often, and even then it's only once a week for either of them.

- - - - -
Turquoise Labs

From: Turquoise City, Isuto | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 12-31-2001 12:27 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
where cn u buy megamem? how much is it and i have a gameshark, whould the GS snap shot work as good?

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 12-31-2001 06:30 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
CurtisWarner- There IS a code to force the CONTINUE option to appear, but that is all it does. It doesn't make your save re-appear. It's an unstable code, so don't bother with it. One code I've seen touted as a "Restore Deleted Save Game Code" is B123D5AB, which does bugger all.

psykloak1- You can usually get Mega Memory Cards wherever you can get a Gameshark. Failing that, try Gameshark.com's shop. It backs up the battery or EEPROM save, and doesn't do the Snapshot thing that Gameshark's do. It's useful for having a backup of your save if you want to put it onto a fresh cart, but it doesn't PC link like the Gameshark, so you can't have a stable copy on your hard drive. Mega Memory cards are quite unstable with games post-Super Mario Brothers DX, so I wouldn't bother with it if you wanted those.

I wonder if Datel will come up with a Mega Memory GBX... I say Datel because they do all the hard stuff, and Interact just licenses it for the Americas.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
[Articuno]
Farting Nudist
Member # 2454

Member Rated:
posted 12-31-2001 07:29 PM      Profile for [Articuno]   Email [Articuno]   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
um...youre screwed

- - - - -
All I wanted was to make the world a better place...and make shitloads of money

From: Seafoam Islands, RBY | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 12-31-2001 10:31 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That exact same thing happened to my silver game, 2 days before I got Stadium 2...

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.