The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Type Changing Code

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Type Changing Code
Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 06:18 PM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What's the code that changes your Pokemon's type? For example, if I wanted to change my Starmie's type from Water/Psychic to just Water, what would that code be?

- - - - -
"Oh that hit just the right SPOT!!!" -Ted Lewis, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 announcer

From: Los Angeles, CA | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 06:54 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lol, why you wanna do that?

try www.gameshark.com/

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 07:08 PM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I did use Starmie as an example but it's also a real example. I have a Starmie on my team and my other 5 Pokemon already have a lot of weaknesses and if I changed Starmie's type to straight Water it wouldn't have as many weaknesses. I would take off the Bug, Dark, and Ghost weakness by simply changing its type. I doubt gameshark.com has a code like that but I'll give it a shot.

- - - - -
"Oh that hit just the right SPOT!!!" -Ted Lewis, Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 announcer

Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 08:01 PM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, due to the way the type is stored in the game...(with the species)...there's no way to make your Starmie just water, well, permanently anyway...
You *can* use codes to temporarily modify the type in-battle, but that requires the gameshark to be in the game boy at the time, and anyone battling against a person with a gameshark attatched needs to be shot.

From: I hope you explode violently tomorrow. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 08:34 PM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well does anyone know the code to **temporarily** modify the type of a Pokemon? I would just be battling the Elite Four and a few of my friends who own Gamesharks, so they'd understand. So does anyone know the code?

- - - - -

Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 10:49 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think a code like that exists. *imagines changing a Mewtwo to Dark/Ghost*

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 11:38 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahhh, such code exist indeed does so. (Translation: I think I've heard that such a real code is out there, try searching on a search engine for it, good luck)
No. 288
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2430

posted 12-19-2001 01:12 AM      Profile for No. 288   Email No. 288   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mmm, that seems really risky. I would suggest avoiding codes like that like the plague.

1. It's beyond cheating, it's blashpemy. It's like altering nature. Just try and re-work out your team.

2. It'd make anyone playing against you not take you seriously.

Those are my thoughts anyhow. Good luck!

Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 12-19-2001 05:19 PM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of course, I have the codes, gold/silver or crystal? It doesn't show in your stats, of course, but it is active.

Um...
For Crystal:
Type1: 01xx4AC6
Type2: 01xx4BC6

For Gold/Silver:
Type1: 01xx2ACB
type2: 01xx2BCB

Now, use these values:
07 - Bug
05 - Flying
03 - Poison
1B - Dark
08 - Ghost
18 - Psychic
1A - Dragon
16 - Grass
05 - Rock
17 - Electric
04 - Ground
09 - Steel
01 - Fighting
19 - Ice
15 - Water
14 - Fire
00 - Normal

If you want just one type, plug them in to be the same value, so for water, plug 15 into both codes.

EDIT: I had a single digit off in the crystal codes...
[ 12-19-2001: Message edited by: Dark Lugia ]

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: Dark Lugia ]

From: I hope you explode violently tomorrow. | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 12-20-2001 03:27 AM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't thank you enough Dark Lugia!!! I appreciate your help so much. Does this code only apply to the Pokemon in the first slot? And by the way, are you the same Dark Lugia from gameshark.com's Pokemon gameshark message board?

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Arcanine059 ]

- - - - -

Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 12-20-2001 06:40 PM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The codes activate for whichever pokemon is currently out in battle, no matter where they are in your party...leave the switch on when you send out the pokemon you want modified, and turn it off when you switch to a different pokemon.

Yes, I'm that same Dark Lugia...

IceHawk78
NOBODY IMPORTANT
Member # 1699

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 11:04 AM      Profile for IceHawk78   Author's Homepage   Email IceHawk78   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You sure the crystal codes work? I looked in the hex editor, and they didn't show up as bieng the right values before they were changed...
Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 05:22 PM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm positive, atleast they worked for me, I'll double-check though.

Okay, I simply recorded them wrong, they're supposed to be 01xx4AC6 and 01xx4BC6....I somehow recorded them with C5 rather than C6, oh well.

[ 12-23-2001: Message edited by: Dark Lugia ]

Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 06:01 PM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dark Lugia, do you know the code(s) for Max DV's and Max Stats for Pokemon Silver? For some reason, the codes that guy provided in "Max Stats for Monkeys" isn't working for my cousin's Silver version, and he's putting in the codes one by one but his Pokemon don't come out of the PC with any changes in their stats. The same problem is happening to me. I'm asking you because you know a lot about gameshark codes and things in that area.

- - - - -

Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 08:30 PM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The codes I have, that work, for Silver Version are identical to the codes that cfalcon posted. If those don't work, then I dunno' why...
Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 08:51 PM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well then can you re-post the Max Stats codes for Silver and post the Max DV codes for me please?

- - - - -

Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 09:33 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Your brother probably didn't do something right...he has to enter the codes cfalcon posted with the Gameshark OFF then toggle it on and then off, THEN deposit it in the PC...did he do those EXACT things?

- - - - -
Weezing!

Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 09:50 PM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, my cousin followed those exact steps, as did I. I went over his house earlier today (he lives across the street ) and we went to the "Max Stats for Monkeys" topics on his computer and we followed that guy's steps one by one. We did it over and over and it didn't work. So now I'd just appreciate it if Dark Lugia would give answer my questions that I posted. I'm sure he can answer them perfectly.

I think the first 3 codes that guy (sorry for calling him "that guy", I don't remember his name) provided in the "Max Stats for Monkeys" topic has something to do with the fact that it doesn't work.

- - - - -

Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 09:53 PM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well...all that's left to say is did he use a Gameshark 3.1? or maybe Dark Lugia can post the codes so i won't have to reply to this again...

- - - - -
Weezing!

Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 12-23-2001 11:38 PM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Um, so what do you want me to do?
The codes for max DVs for *silver* are:
01FF3FDA
01FF40DA

and the Max Stat experience are:
01FF35DA
01FF36DA
01FF37DA
01FF38DA
01FF39DA
01FF3ADA
01FF3BDA
01FF3CDA
01FF3DDA
01FF3EDA

Make anything level 100:
011332DA
011233DA
01D034DA

these codes are Identical to what cfalcon posted, as I said. If this is not what you wanted, please clear me up...
If you are testing on creatures that aren't level 100, try entering the level 100 code and see if it works after depositing, just to know if they're working. And, it's always possible, however slimly, that you already have a max stats critter...

[ 12-24-2001: Message edited by: Dark Lugia ]

Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 12:42 AM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks a lot, Dark Lugia. I need one last code: What's the code to make the Pokemon in the first slot Shiny?

- - - - -

Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 03:16 AM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, you simply take the max DVS code and change the FF, FF to FA, AA...
so for Silver:
01FA3FDA
01AA40DA

and Crystal...
01FAF4DC
01AAF5DC

theclaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 06:22 AM      Profile for theclaw   Author's Homepage   Email theclaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
What are you trying to do? Pokemon can't be both max stats and shiny at the same time!

- - - - -
Come to my web site at http://geocities.com/theclaw135 . My message board is at http://pub081.ezboard.com/btheclaw135selectriccastle.

From: Pokemon World | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 11:32 AM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's true, but the trick is to make them have Max Stats first and then make them Shiny with the other code. That's why I specifically asked for the Shiny code that makes the Pokemon in the first slot shiny instead of the regular shiny code, so the Pokemon can have both. In other words, it's like tricking the game into giving me both. Thanks to Dark Lugia, I was successful in doing it, too. I know I'm doing some weird stuff with all the codes I'm requesting, but believe me, I know what I'm doin'.

By the way, thanks again Dark Lugia!

[ 12-24-2001: Message edited by: Arcanine059 ]

- - - - -

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 01:26 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IIRC, there's no variable other than the DV's themselves to make a Pokemon shiny, and stats can't be max and shiny at the same time. In other words, having max stats excludes the possibility of a shiny Pokemon.

As for changing types, is this what you meant?

[ 12-24-2001: Message edited by: oporaca ]

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 02:09 PM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know a Pokemon can't be shiny and have max stats at the same time, unless you put your mind to it! Believe me, I've tried to get a Max Stat and Shiny Pokemon a million times! First, I would enter the codes to capture a Shiny Crobat (The only Pokemon I wanted was a shiny Crobat, not my entire team). I'd save the game, then enter the Max Stats codes and whenever I'd put Crobat into the first slot, it wouldn't be shiny anymore.

So then I requested a few codes from Dark Lugia. I requested the code to make the Pokemon in the first slot to become shiny and the Max Stats code again because the other guy's code didn't work.

So then, I entered the code for a normal Crobat, saved the game, entered the codes for both Max Experience and Max Stats and Crobat had Max Stats! I saved the game, then entered Dark Lugia's code to make the Pokemon in the firsr slot to become shiny and then, I got a perfect shiny AND Max Stat Crobat! That's what I meant when I said "It's like tricking the game into giving you both." So you see, a Pokemon CAN become shiny and have max stats, it just takes a little intillect

However, when I send my Shiny, Max Stat Crobat into battle on Pokemon Stadium 2, it's MAX HP (which is normally 373) always turns into 359. I don't know why that is, but I don't care too much, since I mostly battle with my friends.

So believe me everyone, I do have a Max Stat AND Shiny Crobat, but I give all the credit to Dark Lugia. Having a Max Stat and Shiny Pokemon is very possible! If I don't have a Crobat with Max Stats AND is Shiny, tell me why my Crobat sparkles when it first goes into battle and tell me why its stats seem to be the highest they can possibly be?

[ 12-24-2001: Message edited by: Arcanine059 ]

- - - - -

Arcanine059
Farting Nudist
Member # 2363

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 02:48 PM      Profile for Arcanine059   Email Arcanine059   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh yeah, thanks for the link, but those aren't the codes I wanted. I really wish Jolt could give me his version of the Type Changing code, it'd make my Christmas extra special, but I guess he doesn't want to...

- - - - -

Dark Lugia
Farting Nudist
Member # 1289

Member Rated:
posted 12-24-2001 03:03 PM      Profile for Dark Lugia   Author's Homepage   Email Dark Lugia   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's rather simple really, and I have done this before.

You simply give a critter max stats, and full boxing and stuff, then toss in the DV editing codes to make it shiny, but as long as you don't box it again, it will keep its max stats.

The reason it has that HP in Stradium is that Stadium tries to 'fix' things, 359 HP is how much a shiny crobat would have...Stadium behaves wierd, which is why I need to use it to restore some of my boxes...

You're welcome Arcanine059...
And anyway, about Type Changing, there is no way Jolt managed to change his team to be those types, just so you know. As I mentioned earlier, shark in at the time and temporarily in-battle. It CANNOT happen any other way.

[ 12-24-2001: Message edited by: Dark Lugia ]

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.