The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » 'Bliss'fully Yours

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'Bliss'fully Yours
The not so Oddish
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2422

Member Rated:
posted 12-10-2001 04:25 PM      Profile for The not so Oddish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just a few quick questions about that pink powerhouse Blissey. For one, what is this so-called "present" glitch? Does the attack do more damage or something since Nintendo didnt anticipate people breeding it onto her? And also, if it does do more damage, is it possible to legally breed both heal bell and present onto blissey? Just curious - thanks for any responces
raticata
Farting Nudist
Member # 1994

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2001 08:43 AM      Profile for raticata     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think that present can be up to 120 base damage and this is fixed at that on the glitch, so maybe useful for a cursing blissey, but it has syuch a low attack i don't really know if its worth it.

I think the same glitch could be with miltank, where it be much more fun than the really boring healbell.

Welcome to Azure.

- - - - -
A legendary is only legendary if it has a legendary set.

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2001 10:48 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
No the present glitch (not on Crystal) does some insane damage even with Blissey's crappo attack stat. Someone posted about this before use the search thingy in the top right corner of the page to look for the topic. I think the base damage is greater than explosion's???? <--(not sure about that).

What I want to know:::: In a battle between a Crystal Cart and A gold/Silver cart-- is present glitched or not glitched?

Sean A.
Farting Nudist
Member # 2277

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2001 12:14 PM      Profile for Sean A.   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The present Glitch is because Glitch somehow got screwed up and works off of type, not actual stats. Present uses a weird formula where the type 2 of a pokemon (type 1 if no type 2) has a value that is plugged in for the defense variables and attack variables in the formula. Physical types can attack quite well with Present; especially Normal types, and Special Types do horrible with it. At the same time, a physical type hardly gets hit by Present, but a Special type gets hammered. The base damage is randomly 40, 80, or 120. I'll find the chart for you if I can.

EDIT: Found the site. http://www.myplanet.net/weaselgrip/spunman/move/present.htm

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Sean A. ]

[ 12-11-2001: Message edited by: Sean A. ]

- - - - -
Three Stages of Galactic Civilization:
1)Survival (AKA: How): "How do we eat?"
2)Inquiry (AKA: Why): "Why do we eat?"
3)Sophistication (AKA: Where): "Where shall we eat lunch?"

From: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The not so Oddish
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2422

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2001 05:51 PM      Profile for The not so Oddish     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks for all the input everybody - Spunman's site (as usual) was super informative. So a present Blissey seems fun to fool around with, but due to ethical standards I doubt i'd use it in a G/S/C link battle, nor in Stadium pending the glitch doesn't even function.
~Thanks again

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 12-20-2001 03:56 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't believe anyone ever answered what would happen if you battled Crystal vs a G/S game and used present. Anyone know?

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.