The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » A monument to sharkery

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A monument to sharkery
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2001 03:47 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A monument to Gamesharkery

On my Crystal cart I have over 100 level 100 pokemon, each with movesets I wanted on them. I have multiple pokemon for the ones which are extremely versatile (like Snorlax, Jumpluff, Umbreon), or just one for a few pokemon that I can’t see as using with more than one particular set (like Golem).

I sharked all of their genes to be really good, but not perfect, and in the cases of the pokemon which don’t attack at all, sharked their ATT genes to be the lowest. And for Snorlax and Slowking, and other non-fast pokemon, made their speed way low.

I Sharked HiddenPower genes on the 4 pokemon I have which use it.

I Sharked full stat exp.

I Sharked Full happiness on any Pokemon that uses the move “Return”

Sharked 99 of every TM and keep them in the TM pocked of my characters pack (makes it easy to add TM moves to pokemon quickly)

Sharked 99 of all of the held items

I’ve sharked over a hundred pokemon each holding an item helpful to them to mix and match to create teams esentially creating a large library of pokes comparable to Stadium’s “rental pokemon,” except that I put moves on each which are generally more useful.

Because the movesets of my “rental-like pokemon” are kind of build to be multi-useful, and not specific for any team I created a bunch of teams of pokemon with move sets specific to the team they are on. Example: rental Magmar has Cross Chop, team-member Magmar has Reflect to aid his team which is weak defensively.

Each team has it’s own PC box for ease of reference.

Each PC box is split between 2 to 3 types, referencing the types of rental pokemon which are stored in each one (ex Fr/Wa/Dr, Psy/Dark, Bu/St/Fg) Normals have their own box because they are my favorite type and I have the most of them.

Separte box “To Trade” with Sharked pokemon to give to other people (If I ever meet any other people who play pokemon).

I renamed the names of the original trainers of each pokemon, as well as the trainer ID # (doing this is expecially helpful in keeping teams organized as each member of my Baton Pass team has its original trainer ID as “BATNPAS”).

I would like to eventually shark each rental pokemon an individual Trainer name and ID (now I have about 10 different one of each), but that seems like a big waste of time.

Eventually once I shark all of the evolved pokemon I’d like for rental purposes, I’ll be at the point where If I want to add a different set of moves, or trade a poke to somebody, I’ll clone the pokemon at the Day Car center and shark on new moves/ trade it away. It’s too bad that the Crystal phone adaptor isn’t on the US version, as I have so many level 100 pokemon that people might want.

After it's all done I'm gonna pick up a Stadium 2 pack, and make use of al of my wasted time. You couldn't accomplish any of what I did in 1 lifetime without a gameshark (great stat pokemon, 99 TMs), which is definitely a reason gamesharks are unfair if you battle people who don't use them. But it also turns out to be a reason using a gameshark is so damn great (like I said because otherwise, you wouldn't have the opportunity to do all this-- have lots and lots of level 100 pokemon to use battling).

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 12-11-2001 05:23 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
For your Pokemon that use 1 Attack DV's, go ahead and reduce the Stat Exp. in Attack as well.

I found that the lowest AT Stat Exp. possible while maxing everything else out would be 5085 (HEX 13DD). See my findings in the Research Lab.

And yes, I've done almost the same thing with my Gold cart.

Long live the Gameshark.

If only I were making more progress on my own game that would allow all this to happen WITHOUT a shark...

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2001 12:39 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think I need a few more pc boxes....
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2001 05:05 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't think you would.

I currently have 2 Little Cup boxes and 3 Poke Cup boxes (1 for L55s, 2 for L50s), and I'd expect your figures to be about the same. That leaves 9 boxes, for a potential 180 Pokemon.

There are only 138 fully evolved Pokemon, and not all of them have a use.

Therefore, you should be able to get it done.

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2001 05:11 PM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
but I only put one of my team per box-- which makes it so much easier to dig um out quickly
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 12-12-2001 09:44 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PHEW. thanx 10k, I no longer feal guilty about sharking my team for when we battle.

Also, for you people who dont like GS, Sharking pokemon and their moves, stats, level, item, ID#, OT etc. isnt as easy as it seems, it takes time to do it.

lol.

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 12-13-2001 11:57 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Roger That*
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 12-13-2001 04:56 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*has just performed his 20,000th variable alteration on Gold alone*

Yes, I keep track.

Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 12-16-2001 11:28 PM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Real trainers train their pokemon.

Real Sharkers experiment with their knowledge...not use their little devices to build quick teams just because they don't want to take the time to train them like everyone else.

After all, I'm sure K didn't shark his Wigglytuff. :|
You don't even have a bond with your fake pokemon.

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
10,000Lb.Snorlax
loves long time.
Member # 13

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 09:37 AM      Profile for 10,000Lb.Snorlax   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Real trainers train their pokemon.

Yeah, but you see --- I just play the videogame.

Face
I invented cancer.
Member # 1916

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 10:37 AM      Profile for Face   Author's Homepage   Email Face   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gameshark > Rei

- - - - -
Weezing!

From: Hackensack, nj | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 12-17-2001 11:59 AM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rei the Giant Koffing:
You don't even have a bond with your fake pokemon.

Like having a 'bond' with little electronic 0's and 1's. no matter what Nintendo says, the only way any kind of 'bond' will effect you Pokes is with hapyness based attacks and the evolution of certin pokemon.

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 05:03 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Psykloak speaks the truth.

Pokemon are NOT ALIVE.

The fact that you become emotionally attached to them proves nothing except that you succumb to the tricks of a company as dumb as NOA.

*shoots Rei*

Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 12-18-2001 05:29 PM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually, I was speaking out for other people.
I could care nothing about my own pokes.

But I was mainly pointing out that people who build their teams via a GS, are lazy.

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.