The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Two on one game linking...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Two on one game linking...
theclaw
Farting Nudist
Member # 1680

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2001 09:02 AM      Profile for theclaw   Author's Homepage   Email theclaw   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know that some older game link cables have two plugs on one end, right? That fact allows two on one linking using the Red and Blue versions. You already know that two games of different languages can't trade properly so I don't need to go over that here. You can discuss that in one of my other topics though.

*WARNINGS*
1. Only works on RED and BLUE versions. (Not Yellow OR Gold, Green, Silver and Crystal!)
2. You will lose one of the two traded pokemon on the split end of the cable because two pokemon can never be in the same slot.
3. Battling using this is very glitchy for the same reason.
4. The pokemon on the single end will be cloned onto both games.
5. There is NO WAY to tell which of the pokemon on the split end will disappear!
This basically means that you should not have rare pokemon with you.

Here's the steps for doing it:
1. Make sure you have two gameboy pockets or newer and one old gameboy
2. Put a pokemon red or blue game in each system
3. Turn them ALL on at the SAME TIME
4. Go to the trading person in any pokemon center, don't talk to her yet
5. Press A rapidly in ALL games at the SAME TIME
6. If done correctly all three games will be in the trading room
7. Talk to the computer in the room in ALL games at the SAME TIME
8. If you are in the trading menu (or battle) in every game, you have done the trick correctly

Notes: I DO NOT reccomend battling this way because it is extremely glitchy! Trading is ok. No non-pokemon game has been tested. I do suspect that at least ONE other gameboy game can do this only because there are so many games out there.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: theclaw ]

- - - - -
Come to my web site at http://geocities.com/theclaw135 . My message board is at http://pub081.ezboard.com/btheclaw135selectriccastle.

From: Pokemon World | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
scizor21394
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2201

Member Rated:
posted 11-17-2001 07:58 PM      Profile for scizor21394   Email scizor21394      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by theclaw:
You know that some older game link cables have two plugs on one end, right? That fact allows two on one linking using the Red and Blue versions. You already know that two games of different languages can't trade properly so I don't need to go over that here. You can discuss that in one of my other topics though.

*WARNINGS*

1. Only works on RED and BLUE versions. (Not Yellow OR Gold, Green, Silver and Crystal!)
2. You will lose one of the two traded pokemon on the split end of the cable because two pokemon can never be in the same slot.
3. Battling using this is very glitchy for the same reason.
4. The pokemon on the single end will be cloned onto both games.
5. There is NO WAY to tell which of the pokemon on the split end will disappear!
This basically means that you should not have rare pokemon with you.

Here's the steps for doing it:
1. Make sure you have two gameboy pockets or newer and one old gameboy
2. Put a pokemon red or blue game in each system
3. Turn them ALL on at the SAME TIME
4. Go to the trading person in any pokemon center, don't talk to her yet
5. Press A rapidly in ALL games at the SAME TIME
6. If done correctly all three games will be in the trading room
7. Talk to the computer in the room in ALL games at the SAME TIME
8. If you are in the trading menu (or battle) in every game, you have done the trick correctly

Notes: I DO NOT reccomend battling this way because it is extremely glitchy! Trading is ok. No non-pokemon game has been tested. I do suspect that at least ONE other gameboy game can do this only because there are so many games out there.

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: theclaw ]

i have one of those link cables.

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 11-19-2001 04:42 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have both that cable (You get them in the box when you buy a Game Boy Printer) and a Gamester one with four plugs on it. (Two at each end, one for Pocket/Color ports and the other for Classic ports.)

I'm wondering if the 4way cable has the same effect. Presumably, the one that does get lost in the 3way trade will end up at one of the other Game Boys.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
GSGold
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2357

Member Rated:
posted 11-24-2001 06:00 PM      Profile for GSGold   Email GSGold   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I wonder what would happan if you used this in Mario Golf, maybe a 3 way game?

- - - - -
Shinies are Shiny, who disagrees?

Tyranitar42
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2311

Member Rated:
posted 11-25-2001 04:05 AM      Profile for Tyranitar42        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tried it and the games got erased

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.