The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Suicune Problem (Crystal)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Suicune Problem (Crystal)
Donald
Bob the Builder
Member # 1551

Member Rated:
posted 11-06-2001 10:02 PM      Profile for Donald   Email Donald      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll let Creature handle this. This was e-mailed to me.

quote:

My name is Creature and I was playing Pokémon Crystal one day and caught
myself a Suicune. That's not very special, that is actually pretty easy in Pokémon
Crystal. But when it was around level 55 I entered the battle tower. Of course I
brought Suicune, but he was accompanied by Typhlosion (level 58) and Sudowoodo
(level 42). I got kicked badly by level 60 pokémon, but didn't wonder why. Later I
went to one of the trainers to pick up an item, when I encountered a level 12
Drowzee. I used Bubble Beam on him with Suicune and hardly damaged him. A
shiver ran trough my spine as I could only draw two conclusions: I ended up in the
twilight zone or this was a bug. The first one seemed rather unreal, so I'm now
thinking this is a bug. Maybe you ran into this problem before, or heard of it. Any
way, if you could help me you'd make me a happy camper.

Thanks,
Creature

P.S.: Here are the stats:
Level: 56
Max HP: 205
Item: None
Moves: Bubblebeam, Gust, Aurora Beam, Waterfall
Attack: 108
Defense: 150
Spcl. attack: 0
Spcl. defense: 155
Speed: 129

P.P.S.: It could be me, but special attack shouldn't be 0, right?

</e-mail #1>

<e-mail #2>

Just a little update on my Suicune question. When I leveled up, the special attack
returned to normal. I went back to the battle tower, a pokémon used surf on him,
and I had a special attack of 0 again. Bug, anyone?

</e-mail #2>

Could someone help me out here?

From: In your girl's panties | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged
Meowth346
Farting Nudist
Member # 166

posted 11-07-2001 01:46 AM      Profile for Meowth346   Author's Homepage        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've heard about this I think since the day after Crystal came out in English. I have yet to see it myself.

It seems that the Battle Tower sets the Special Attack of Pokémon to 0, though I don't know the condition. I've been told that the Special Attack returns to normal after leaving the Battle Tower. Again, however, I've never had the Special Attack drop to check into it.

You should, though, be able to place the Pokémon in the PC and withdraw it to recalculate its stats. Some time I need to look into this to find out what causes it. Should be easy enough to figure out the cause.

--Meowth346

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 11-07-2001 04:17 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got this for a while. It only appears to happen on ROMs of the game. It seems to be that sharked Pokémon or ROMs are the main magnets to this problem. Try depositing to recalculate stats, or simply view it in Pokémon Stadium.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
El Brando
Farting Nudist
Member # 878

Member Rated:
posted 11-10-2001 01:33 PM      Profile for El Brando   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thats gotta suck. Yo

- - - - -
For those of you whom are not connected with reality. I'm just trying to break the ice on the current hate issue. I'm not being really serious.

Creature
Orangutan Spouse
Member # 2338

Member Rated:
posted 11-12-2001 01:32 PM      Profile for Creature   Email Creature      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thanks Manuel, the pokemon stadium thingie worked. It really sucked. Still does, 'cause if I go back and someone uses a special attack on suicune, whammo! i'ts back to 0

- - - - -
I am Homer Simpson of Borg, you will be assimmmmmmmm...... donut!!!

Houndoom
Farting Nudist
Member # 1996

Member Rated:
posted 11-13-2001 04:41 PM      Profile for Houndoom   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had this problem too. My 1v 10 Snorlax has a spec. attack of 0.

- - - - -
Snorlax and Blissey rule

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.