The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Pokemon "Diamond"

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pokemon "Diamond"
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 10-20-2001 07:00 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know its a fake game, but I downloaded it and actually it wasn't that bad! The translation of this homebrewn game is horrible, and there isn't a menu (at least that I can find) to save your game or manage your "E-monsters", so you must use the snapshot thingy in the emulator to save your game. But aside from those things, the actual gameplay is great! It has a unique battle system that has multiple monsters battling at the same time. You start with one, but you can call up to 2 others using a cell-phone if you aquired any phone numbers.
(aquiring phone numbers = Capturing the monster). Depending where you are on the world map, it can take a few turns for the monster to reach you. If you are facing multiple monsters, you can target any of them in much the same way you do in other RPG's.

Despite being called Pokemon Diamond, I have yet to see any Pokemon in the game. In fact, I've heard that there are some Digimon in the game. Man, these people are just asking for a legal battle!

But nonetheless, its still a good game. Unfortunatley, link battling and trading don't work because you can't save the game "Naturally", something I was hoping would work. Apparantly, you can even transfer save data onto another cartridge!

Pros:
-Cool battle system
-Konami style music and sound
-Gameboy Color graphics
-smooth "Zelda" style overworld movement

Cons:
-No menu to manage your monsters or save your game that I know of
-since there's no save, the link battle/trade functions don't work
-If it goes to the gameover screen, the game crashes
-Poor translation of dialog

So overall not too bad, hey its a free game! Its a shame they couldn't have put just a little more work into it, it would've been awesome.

- - - - -
Pokegod... yeah, that won't look dumb in 10 years

From: Saskatchewan, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged
psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 10-20-2001 08:07 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yea i played it a few mounths ago. it really whould sell pritty good if who ever made it actualy published it, and took out those poke/digi-mon from it.

also, i'de say ifit was marketed, they whould fix all bad things about it (no menu, save or link stuff)

if eny one knows ware it actualy came from, you might wanna post it.

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 10-20-2001 10:15 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey, by any chance, did you get past "Liz Island"? I'm stuck on that part. I've managed to find the E-monster that can "stop the E-wave", but nothing seems to have changed except for a new guy that says "Please bring E-monster that can stop the E-wave soon". I've talked to everyone on the island again, but still nothing happens.

- - - - -

oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2001 12:50 PM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OMG PSYKLOAK1 WTF!!!111
http://temp3.pokezero.com:88/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=000770

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

psykloak1
Farting Nudist
Member # 2275

Member Rated:
posted 10-21-2001 04:12 PM      Profile for psykloak1   Author's Homepage   Email psykloak1   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yea so...

- - - - -
-psyk
NeptuneCircle.com

Artie Cuno
Linkin125473457539
Member # 1205

Member Rated:
posted 10-25-2001 10:31 PM      Profile for Artie Cuno     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
To pass Liz Island, phone the blasted monster and tell him you're calling him(hit select to get to the menu). He'll come. Talk to the sheep thing, then eliminate the phone company's lackeys (my level 27 Sandslash-thing did that nicely) then run around the forest maze until you find the master dude. Sorry I can't be more specific, but I still haven't found that dude myself x.x

[ 10-25-2001: Message edited by: Artie Cuno ]

- - - - -
Piss off not the kittens, lest they claw your balls off.

From: A box in a swamp. With your sister. | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 10-26-2001 11:41 AM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Strange, I mashed the select button lots trying to find the menu, and it doesn't seem to do anything! I think I'll try again and set the select button to a different key, maybe that has something to do with it.

- - - - -

Pokegod
Farting Nudist
Member # 977

posted 10-26-2001 08:59 PM      Profile for Pokegod     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
OMG! You know what the problem was? I was pressing right crtl all this time and it wasn't working, and I tried left crtl just now and it worked! Oy! There was a menu all this time! I feel so damn stupid...

- - - - -

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.