The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Odd PokeRus experience...and G/S Missingno revealed?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Odd PokeRus experience...and G/S Missingno revealed?
Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 10-13-2001 03:35 AM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got hit by PokeRus, and it has caused some odd problems in a few of my Boxes.

Mainly 5 and 6.
The pokes names are mostly screwed up, or gone...which is normal.
But they have also lost their OT name(my golbat's OT now shows up as his name).

My major concern was, that some of my pokes have started transforming into Dittos!

My chinchou, magnemite, and others have become level 2, transforming, dittos!

The box shows 80/20, meaning I have 80 pokes stored...which is insane,
and it's now being overflown with shiny and non dittos.
A couple of my pokes show PokeRus status, which is the good thing.

But surprisingly, when looking at one of my Smeargles, his data showed that he had become a "steel" type, and his poke no. was .000! (missingno?)
Also, his image was not visible, and most of the words were messed up.

Anyway, thought it was worth sharing.
Has anyone else suffered any of these problems?

--Rei2--

- - - - -
LightningFlik and Fephisto's crappy Webcomics:
http://www.angelfire.com/ex/pert1/dekla.html

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 10-13-2001 08:30 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've already done some study on this.

There are 256 values to fill, and GSC comes just a few short of that.

The Pokemon generated for values 0, 252, 254, and 255 (NOT 253; that's the Egg slot) are glitched. The name shows up as "?????", and I haven't yet taken the time to chart the stats for them.

But still, the ability to get to these Glitch Pokemon WITHOUT a Gameshark?

/tries to give Rei a 2

/has already given Rei a 1

/won't bother to fix it

From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
oporaca
Farting Nudist
Member # 922

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2001 01:09 AM      Profile for oporaca     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*Gives Rei a 2 for Jolt135*

*takes note that he is the 101st person to rate him*

- - - - -
I'm a closet Pokémon fan -- all evidence I like Pokémon is locked away in my closet.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2001 02:25 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
While we're on the topic of rating, I have rated over 150 people and I've only given 1's to 14 of em.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2001 02:30 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Rei, I doubt that the Pokérus has anything to do with it, what has happened to you has happened to me before on my yellow version...

Some of my Pokémon got like parts of my Trainer name, I got these Kakunas that knew moves they could never learn, it was messed up! Anyway, I maybe had a megamemorycard to restore to or something, but, these stupid glitches just happen. Before I restored to a working save game file, I backed up the "corrupted save game" incase I ever wanted to experiement with it, etc... and, I never have, but, garbage like this happens. I once had my entire Yellow Version just go bye bye. I turned it on one day and it was like I never played it, and I had beaten the Elite Four already! So, that sucked, and, it was maybe that same day I went out and bought a MegaMemoryCard to prevent such crap from happening again.

Oh, and as for why some of your pokes became dittos, that is maybe like a defalt for glitched Pokémon. In other words, if a Pokémon seems screwed up, the game (and/or stadium) just makes it a Ditto.

Rei the Giant Koffing
Farting Nudist
Member # 1909

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2001 03:22 AM      Profile for Rei the Giant Koffing   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah, I see.

I now have a Pidgey with my Magnemites attacks.

A pidgey with electric attacks...*snicker*

From: Americas b0rked penis | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2001 11:54 AM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Try sharking Aeroblast onto that Pidgey!
From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.