The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » Mew without official DVs?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mew without official DVs?
Mewone
I have a pokemon as my username. I mean, come on.
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2001 05:02 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On Stadium, R2 Prime Cup Masterball, the last battle, the trainer has a Mew. If you notice, the HP is more than the official Mew's, and its other stats seem to be more too, in fact, they're just a few points off of max, just like all the other Pokemon! Discuss.
From: Azure Heights | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
DarkPersian
Farting Nudist
Member # 898

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2001 06:37 PM      Profile for DarkPersian   Author's Homepage   Email DarkPersian   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As long as all of the Stadium 2 Mew's DVs are within the legal range (1-15) then I don't see what the big deal is. Naturally Stadium 2 Pokemon in the higher cups will have better DVs than what one would normally capture in the wild. The computer needs those extra stats (and bent luck) to make up for being just a computer and not a live opponent.

As for the official Mews think of them this way. Nintendo caught one, it happened to have certain DVs, and then they cloned the little sucker.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2001 06:43 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ever notice that on Pokémon Stadium 2 "Round 2 Prime Cup" that the last trainer has a Celebi who has a hidden power that just HAPPENS to be super effective against Dark... hmmm, wonder if it's Attack Power is 70, oh man, what are the odds of a rare Pokémon like Celebi having a 70 Hidden Power against Dark... hmmm....

*sarcasm detector explodes!*

Mewone
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2001 07:33 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How would you find the exact stats for the computer? Can you buy hacking devices that will let you see the games coding and alter it?
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2001 07:56 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure about letting you alter the coding in all cases, but, yes, you can see the code. (Whether you can make any sense out of the code or not is a different story though)
Mewone
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2001 08:03 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hmm, that's true. I wonder if there are any web sites that would tell me what the coding means?
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 09-30-2001 09:18 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In addition, the Mew you can rent for Prime Cup has DV's of straight 0's, which aren't "official" either. Not that anyone would complain about their opponent's DV's being too LOW, though.
From: Woodbridge, VA, USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged
Uiru
Sketch Molester
Member # 437

Member Rated:
posted 10-01-2001 07:58 AM      Profile for Uiru   Author's Homepage   Email Uiru   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The rental Celebi has DVs of straight 0 too. That means it'd be a 31 Fighting Power- SE against Dark, but not by much.

DVs of straight 0, and Rare Candied. Why, oh why?!
~Uiru

- - - - -
TIDUDSOFIEIHUGHEXXXC: "maybe he will let you touch his blow up do"

AFRO NOOOOOOO!!!

From: the floating castle of Newfoundland | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 10-03-2001 03:16 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Uiru:
DVs of straight 0, and Rare Candied. Why, oh why?!
~Uiru

Because it's to push you to an NOA tour.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 10-03-2001 05:18 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Manuel Calavera:

Because it's to push you to an NOA tour.

Or a Gameshark.

Mewone
Member # 1694

Member Rated:
posted 10-03-2001 09:17 PM      Profile for Mewone     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gamesharks are teh kewl.
Jolt135
Farting Nudist
Member # 1974

Member Rated:
posted 10-04-2001 05:09 PM      Profile for Jolt135   Author's Homepage   Email Jolt135   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gameshark is the more likely option anyway, because as we all know, "NOA" and "Tours" are exact antonyms.
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 10-05-2001 02:16 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mewone:
Gamesharks are teh kewl.

(Y)

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
ThomasTR
Farting Nudist
Member # 580

posted 10-13-2001 08:39 PM      Profile for ThomasTR     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Gamesharks 0wn. I use one all the time.
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 10-14-2001 02:20 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Barbeque Bob!

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.