The Azure Heights Forum

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Azure Heights Forum   » Main Campus   » Sakaki Tower   » OK, now this IS weird... (MOBILE ADAPTER INFO!)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OK, now this IS weird... (MOBILE ADAPTER INFO!)
Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 04:02 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here's some codes that are very weird. Perhaps a certain cat of 346 digits can enlighten us.

910474CF-
Enter this, then choose either CONTINUE or NEW GAME. Here's the text that follows, word for word.

The CARD FOLDER stores your and
your friends' cards.
A CARD contains
information like
the persons' name,
phone number and
profile.

Then gibberish, but after resetting and investigating another menu...

(Pokéball picture) Mobile Profile (Pokéball picture)

AGE 000

Address rsOz

Zip Code Tell Late
r

OK

Personal Info

After messing about with text, I came to a screen which says...

This is your CARD.
Once you've
entered your phone
number, you can
trade CARDS with
your friends.

If you have your
friend's CARD, you
can use it to make
a call from a
mobile phone on
the 2nd floor of a
POKéMON CENTER.

To safely store
your collection of
CARDs, you must
set a PASSCODE for
your CARD FOLDER.

Please enter any
four-digit number.

Enter the same
number to confirm.

Your PASSCODE has
been set.

Enter this number
next time to open
the CARD FOLDER.

(Then more gibberish.)

910574cf-
Enter this, then choose OPTIONS or MYSTERY GIFT. Thus arrives... mobile battle data screen! Just like at Meowth 346's site, but with English text!

Data for use in
the MOBILE STADIUM
of the N64 POKéMON
STADIUM 2 can be
read here.

Read the data? (Then you have the option of either [ s ] or [ssu]. The hard brackets have been put in by me to show the way the text is set out. I presume they are YES and NO. When you choose YES, the game attempts to make contact to the mobile centre, and fails, so it asks about a connection, I presume.)

People, I think we're onto something here.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 06:10 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ok Manuel Calavera, now, this is gettin cool! Tell me, did you figure these codes out yourself? If so, then, you ROCK man!

Either way, big thanks for sharing this with us. Maybe 346 will help us...

-MK

poccil
Farting Nudist
Member # 1457

posted 08-28-2001 06:21 PM      Profile for poccil   Author's Homepage   Email poccil   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Perhaps a Card with your personal info is needed for you to upload and download News (probably the entire 32K save file) using the Mobile Adapter.

I noticed something like this when I viewed the ROM text.

quote:

From the ROM text:

This is your CARD.
Once you've entered your phone
number, you can trade CARDS with your friends.

If you have your friend's CARD, you
can use it to make a call from a
mobile phone on the 2nd floor of a POKéMON CENTER.

To safely store your collection of
CARDS, you must set a PASSCODE for your CARD FOLDER.

If the CARD FOLDER is deleted, all
its CARDS and the PASSCODE will also be deleted.
Beware--a deleted CARD FOLDER can't be restored.
Want to delete your CARD FOLDER?

Are you sure you want to delete it?

The CARD FOLDER has been deleted.

There is an older CARD FOLDER from a previous journey.
Do you want to open it?

Delete the old CARD FOLDER?

Presumably, the cards can also be used to make mobile phone calls and for playing in the Mobile Stadium.

Notice the words "previous journey". The Cards kept in the Card Folder are probably not deleted with the rest of the save file.

[ 08-28-2001: Message edited by: poccil ]

- - - - -
The Ultimate Pokemon Center | Gold/Silver Lab
"I believe that poccil is an intelligent, respected member of the online Pokemon community." -sarcastic comment by White Cat

The Great Dreamer
Farting Nudist
Member # 117

Member Rated:
posted 08-28-2001 06:57 PM      Profile for The Great Dreamer   Email The Great Dreamer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
God damn Nintendo!
They translate but don't deliver! Damn them! Damn them all to Hell!!!!!!

- - - - -
"Pokemon, no matter what anyone says, is not just about link battles. PBS is not Pokemon." -Mr. K

From: Las Vegas were everyone uses Mimic & Metronome! | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged
Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 11:28 AM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And they didn't even leave open the possibility of changing their mind...

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

Charmeleon42
Date Rapist
Member # 1066

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 12:50 PM      Profile for Charmeleon42   Author's Homepage   Email Charmeleon42   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
When you choose YES, the game attempts to make contact to the mobile centre, and fails, so it asks about a connection, I presume.)

Well... until someone gets a Mobile Adapter, Japanese or not, and trys it out, we cant tell for sure if it'll work or not...

Of course, it might try dialing the server in Japan, and rack up long-distance charges, but its worth the experimentation....

- - - - -
my god, how stupid can two people be? Attracting a Starmie thats trying to Thunder-Wave a Quagsire.

From: Mountain Dew Land | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jman
Farting Nudist
Member # 618

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 04:06 PM      Profile for Jman   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think its obvious Nintendo will bring the Mobile Adapter right before the GameBoy Color fades away.... give it that one last sales boost. Nintendo has always been the smart.

At least, they should.

- - - - -
lol pokemon

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 04:44 PM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You know Jman, I never thought about that. I figured more like this.

"Ahh, well, we're done with the GBC, we have GBA now, let's not waste time makin a mobile adapter for it..."

But, a Mobile Adapter for GBC only isn't a bad idea, but, maybe they'd make a Mobile Adapter for GBA though, which, would stink for me seeing as I don't have one...

-MK
- - - - -
"I farted so hard I laughed"
-Fractyl

Manuel Calavera
Sock Lover
Member # 1202

Member Rated:
posted 08-29-2001 05:27 PM      Profile for Manuel Calavera     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by MK:
A Mobile Adapter for GBC only isn't a bad idea, but, maybe they'd make a Mobile Adapter for GBA though, which, would stink for me seeing as I don't have one...

-MK

The Mobile Adapter for the GBC works with the GBA as well. Mario Kart: Super Circuit and Napoleon use it, I think.

- - - - -
Gates is the Saddam Hussein of the consumer technology world. ~ Mr.K

From: Newcastle, Home of Geordies, Brown Ale and The Wildhearts | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged
White Cat
Nobody knows why I'm an admin.
Member # 42

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 07:09 AM      Profile for White Cat   Author's Homepage   Email White Cat      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This just vindicates what I said in the Celebi thread; they left the Mobile Adaptor code in the game, which can be easily unlocked if/when they make an English version of it.

- - - - -
"Anybody gone into Whole Foods lately and see what they charge for arugula?"
-- Barack Obama, campaigning in Iowa

Twinkle
I'm feeling fat and sassy~!
Member # 1690

Member Rated:
posted 08-31-2001 01:11 PM      Profile for Twinkle        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by White Cat:
This just vindicates what I said in the Celebi thread; they left the Mobile Adaptor code in the game, which can be easily unlocked if/when they make an English version of it.

No, they didn't! It's not quite all the way translated -- they didn't finish the menus, so Pokémon Crystal will not work with the Mobile Adapter in the US.

- - - - -
Hich loch faauto noxlattoyen.

MK
is somewhat large.
Member # 1445

Member Rated:
posted 09-02-2001 12:46 AM      Profile for MK     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
But, isn't there the chance that the first time a mobile adapter (US Version) was hooked up to Crystal it could say on the gameboy screen (reconfiguring) and the mobile adapter would be programmed to rewrite all the untranslated garbage...?

-MK
- - - - -
"Go gawk at Prima! Ya know you want to "

All times are ET (US)  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Azure Heights Pokémon Laboratory

© 2000-2016, Maximum Penetration Industries.

Karpe Diem

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author(s). The contents and links have not been reviewed or approved by the University of Miami.